• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Nosler

Trivial Things that annoy you

I just got on my train and it's quite quiet. I get a table to myself and then this guy ignores all the empty tables and sits at my table. He then sits directly opposite me.

It's weird. He's turned a journey where I should be able to stretch out into a journey where I will be hunched up.

i think some people just lack the consideration gene.

The fact that many modern gizmos appear to be made of a substance that renders them slippier than ice.

Phones, tablets you name it. Is it too hard to add something that gives a bit of grip? I have actually added some duct tape to my TV's remote as picking it up was like trying to grip a bar of bloody soap. 

Grinds my gears.

Oh, and while I'm at it, honorable mention for the absolute throbbers who, when entering a petrol station, position themselves behind the person at the pump directly in front of the entrance rather than evenly dispersing their cars to any of the other available pumps on either side.

Then, add throbber number two who arrows in directly behind them blocking access to all of the other pumps for everyone else.

I see this loads, absolute fucking halfwits. They'll sit there and wait until the person in front moves too, mystified at the beeps and shouts of people who can't get into the station.

Wankers. 

Edited by Sgt Hartman

12 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Oh, and while I'm at it, honorable mention for the absolute throbbers who, when entering a petrol station, position themselves behind the person at the pump directly in front of the entrance rather than evenly dispersing their cars to any of the other available pumps on either side.

Then, add throbber number two who arrows in directly behind them blocking access to all of the other pumps for everyone else.

I see this loads, absolute fucking halfwits. They'll sit there and wait until the person in front moves too, mystified at the beeps and shouts of people who can't get into the station.

Wankers. 

Not trivial sarge, that's grounds for  a Queensbury rules showdown at pump number 9. 

1 minute ago, Thombleached said:

Not trivial sarge, that's grounds for  a Queensbury rules showdown at pump number 9. 

Agreed, if it was up to me, they'd be dragged from their cars, taken to a pump, doused in unleaded and set on fire.

That'd learn them. :PissedOff:

3 hours ago, Nosler said:

I just got on my train and it's quite quiet. I get a table to myself and then this guy ignores all the empty tables and sits at my table. He then sits directly opposite me.

Move to an empty table?

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Move to an empty table?

There is a certain amount of etiquette in using public transport. I think one of the main "rules" is that passengers spread out so that everyone has as much room as possible. Me moving to an empty table doesn't really make up for someone breaking those rules..

It might sound petty, however I'm well over 6 foot and having the ability to stretch out makes my journey a lot more pleasant. Having someone sit opposite me while there are empty tables is a fundamentally crap thing to do.

9 minutes ago, Nosler said:

There is a certain amount of etiquette in using public transport. I think one of the main "rules" is that passengers spread out so that everyone has as much room as possible. Me moving to an empty table doesn't really make up for someone breaking those rules..

It might sound petty, however I'm well over 6 foot and having the ability to stretch out makes my journey a lot more pleasant. Having someone sit opposite me while there are empty tables is a fundamentally crap thing to do.

Agreed. A few years ago I was flying easyjet Faro-Bristol.

It was obvious in the departure lounge that the plane would be very empty. I got on, sat in a window seat. The next bloke gets on and sits beside me. Not in the aisle seat - in the feckin middle one right next to me.

Bloody weird. He eventually moved half way through the flight.

5 hours ago, Nosler said:

It's weird. He's turned a journey where I should be able to stretch out into a journey where I will be hunched up.

I have had that.  As I DGAF and more, I just lean forward and say 'excuse me, I have just a very nasty case of the flu - shall I move or you?' 

5 hours ago, Thombleached said:

The use of the word "obviously" when it isn't at all. Usually made by civil servants during TV statements. 

'Look' at the beginning of every sentence from politicians and those that see themselves to be in a position of power.  It is condescending to say the least.  No, I don't want to 'look' thank you and if I did, what exactly is it that you wish me to look at? 

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

People that do not seem to understand the concept of a queue and will gaily push in front.  I'm seeing this lots more in the last couple of years.  My response is passive aggressive and try and trip them up.  GRRRR

enjoying your diversity yet?

experiencing 'queuing' in HK/China was an eye opener.

6 hours ago, Nosler said:

It was Stephen Fry who said the best way of guaranteeing an empty seat next to you on public transport was, when someone looks like they are heading towards the seat next to you, you make eye contact with them, smile and pat the seat in an encouraging way

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

People that do not seem to understand the concept of a queue and will gaily push in front.  I'm seeing this lots more in the last couple of years.  My response is passive aggressive and try and trip them up.  GRRRR

I know people mock the British ability to queue but it cannot be underestimated how much it adds to having a civil society

Edited by Fossildog

2 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

It was Stephen Fry who said the best way of guaranteeing an empty seat next to you on public transport was, when someone looks like they are heading towards the seat next to you, you make eye contact with them, smile and pat the seat in an encouraging way

Connected but totally different.

When mooring a yacht alongside a pontoon, the most annoying thing is someone then mooring outside you as they have to clomp across your deck to get to the bar / bogs whatever at all hours.

Hanging terry nappies over the guard rail pretty much ensures you will be left alone.

People who have group conversations in doorways, at the tops of stairs or outside lift doors. Stand to the side FFS!

Similarly, people who get off the escalator and stop with no awareness that there are a whole load of people coming up behind them. Idiots.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

'Look' at the beginning of every sentence from politicians and those that see themselves to be in a position of power.  It is condescending to say the least.  No, I don't want to 'look' thank you and if I did, what exactly is it that you wish me to look at? 

I'd looked into a training course I wanted to go on but the guy trying to sell it to me would start every sentence with 'Listen,'. Really put me off the company.

3 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Agreedhis ed. A few years ago I was flying easyjet Faro-Bristol.

It was obvious in the departure lounge that the plane would be very empty. I got on, sat in a window seat. The next bloke gets on and sits beside me. Not in the aisle seat - in the feckin middle one right next to me.

Bloody weird. He eventually moved half way through the flight.

Did he proceed to show you polaroids of his naked wife? Nudge, nudge! 

3 hours ago, One percent said:

Don't forget "Let me be clear"