• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Nosler

Trivial Things that annoy you

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The 'Mark Forum as Read' button here and over at t'other place.  Why have it where it is.  Cant it be tucked out of the way or have an undo button.

Yes!

I've done it about three times so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list of people who can countersign a passport photo is almost a who's who of people you wouldn't trust

a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, a professionally qualified person (e.g. doctor, engineer, lawyer, teacher), local councillor, bank officer, established civil servant, Police Officer; or,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, choochoo said:

The list of people who can countersign a passport photo is almost a who's who of people you wouldn't trust

a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, a professionally qualified person (e.g. doctor, engineer, lawyer, teacher), local councillor, bank officer, established civil servant, Police Officer; or,

Woohoo! I'm not one of those, but the list says it can be a member, associate or fellow of a professional body, of which I am one. I think this is the first time in my life I've felt vaguely important.

I take your point though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone or any company that thinks its clever or remotely sensible to serve you either toast or especially a toasted cheese sandwich with a f***ing paper napkin between the item and the plate.

Firstly, they've just wasted a napkin so you need another immediately.

Secondly, they've run the risk of the food fusing with the napkin thus ruining the food ( almost a certainty with a cheese toastie)

For what purpose? So the plate can be protected? Or so you run the risk of wiping crumbs onto yourself instead of away from you?

It doesnt even look nice which is probably the lame minded intention.

Agree about the petrol station idiots too.

I'm also getting miffed by the increased use of 'should of' in texts .

 

Edited by Long John Silver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People.

People generally, but especially when they pull out to turn right and block the traffic, rather than wait til they have both lanes free to pull out, or turn left and sort it out when there's somewhere else to turn. People who occupy the whole pavement at bus stops stopping folk getting past or making them walk on the road. People not saying thanks/ta/cheers/anything when I hold a door open for them or let them out a junction when I'm being kind in the car. People using disabled/parent spaces or parking on crosshatching at the supermarket rather than walking for less than a minute and parking in a proper space. People working in shops not stopping their phone conversation even to tell me how much I'd due them. Aaaaaargh!

People just all the time, they're great though too people. Can't live with them, can't live without them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

People.

People generally, but especially when they pull out to turn right and block the traffic, rather than wait til they have both lanes free to pull out, or turn left and sort it out when there's somewhere else to turn. People who occupy the whole pavement at bus stops stopping folk getting past or making them walk on the road. People not saying thanks/ta/cheers/anything when I hold a door open for them or let them out a junction when I'm being kind in the car. People using disabled/parent spaces or parking on crosshatching at the supermarket rather than walking for less than a minute and parking in a proper space. People working in shops not stopping their phone conversation even to tell me how much I'd due them. Aaaaaargh!

People just all the time, they're great though too people. Can't live with them, can't live without them!

Sartre once said "hell is other people". I think he was onto something  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Sartre once said "hell is other people". I think he was onto something  

I think Voltaire may have been onto something with his

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

thing too (can't think who he may have been referring to though...)

I think maybe "hell is people" rather than "hell is other people" would seem to me to be more accurate, I'm almost certainly the most nightmarish person to myself. Own worst enemy kinda thing.

Edited by Carl Fimble
idiocy again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2017 at 14:05, One percent said:

People that do not seem to understand the concept of a queue and will gaily push in front.  I'm seeing this lots more in the last couple of years.  My response is passive aggressive and try and trip them up.  GRRRR

do you not challenge them? and the cmplain to the staff dealing with them? that does the trick. can be really scary though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

do you not challenge them? and the cmplain to the staff dealing with them? that does the trick. can be really scary though.

I would but it isn't one or two Sarah, it's always a good number.  An example is when I get off the train at my local station, there are no barriers, just a couple of swipe points side by side.  Most queue in an orderly fashion but then arecswamped with a lot of people that seem to think it is ok to just push in.  I stand my ground and shoulder them out of the way but I can see people in front of me just acquiescing and letting them in.  They tend to look like the kind of people you don't want to mess with.  Interestingly it is men who acquiesce more.  My view is go on, just try and get physical with an older woman.  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/04/2017 at 17:20, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

People who have group conversations in doorways, at the tops of stairs or outside lift doors. Stand to the side FFS!

Absolutely. I travel using airports quite a lot and the way people will stand in a thoruoghfare with their luggage carefully arranged into an obstacle course makes me fume. As i too often DGAF, Ill say, "if you moved just a bit to the left / right / whatever, you could totally block the way through here", to be met of course by a gormless look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Absolutely. I travel using airports quite a lot and the way people will stand in a thoruoghfare with their luggage carefully arranged into an obstacle course makes me fume. As i too often DGAF, Ill say, "if you moved just a bit to the left / right / whatever, you could totally block the way through here", to be met of course by a gormless look.

If I was harder, I'd probably just barge through them or kick their stuff over. But I'm not, so I seethe about these people being twats and not being able to behave like a twat myself for some time after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Absolutely. I travel using airports quite a lot and the way people will stand in a thoruoghfare with their luggage carefully arranged into an obstacle course makes me fume. As i too often DGAF, Ill say, "if you moved just a bit to the left / right / whatever, you could totally block the way through here", to be met of course by a gormless look.

Last year I was on an escalator on the underground. Suddenly people started shouting and screaming. Next thing I know I'm being deposited into the backs of a wall of people who had ground to a halt at the bottom. The escalator was still moving and I had nowhere to go.  Tried back-pedalling up but there were people being deposited against my back.  It was rush hour so very busy. It was incredibly scary.

two absolute tools were carrying heavy suitcases down and as soon as they got off the escalator, decided it was a good idea to take a break. Right at the bottom.  Luckily, a couple of enlightened people grabbed the cases and moved them. It could have been very nasty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Last year I was on an escalator on the underground. Suddenly people started shouting and screaming. Next thing I know I'm being deposited into the backs of a wall of people who had ground to a halt at the bottom. The escalator was still moving and I had nowhere to go.  Tried back-pedalling up but there were people being deposited against my back.  It was rush hour so very busy. It was incredibly scary.

two absolute tools were carrying heavy suitcases down and as soon as they got off the escalator, decided it was a good idea to take a break. Right at the bottom.  Luckily, a couple of enlightened people grabbed the cases and moved them. It could have been very nasty. 

Yep, seen that too, people getting to the top and then stopping for a chat!!! FFS!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Yep, seen that too, people getting to the top and then stopping for a chat!!! FFS!!!!

This was real,scary as not only was it two people but the completely blocked the exit with a couple of very heavy cases.  I felt my feet going from under me.  I'm not often frightened for my safety but I was then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who phone into radio shows with requests 'shout outs' or anything. I'm pretty sure they're all borderline retarded but still annoying.

Keep sleepwalking into exposure to Steve Wright's 'Serious Jockin' and Simon Mayo's 'Three Word Friday'. I imagine, possibly wrongly, it these twats didn't phone in they'd have to shut up and just play music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You shouldn't tar all borderline retarded with the same brush as the cunts who ask for shoutouts 

Edited by The Prick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres another one.

You're driving down a busy motorway, where the traffic is flowing at maybe 50 - 60 but all lanes are full, so occasionally the middle lane or even the inside lane might flow faster than the traffic in the outside (2nd overtaking lane). You are driving in the outside lane since previously, when the road wasnt so busy you were driving faster than the other lanes ie overtaking slower traffic. You are also keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front, which although bigger than a parking space, is probably not much bigger than the distance required to stop, if the car in fron should suddenly brake.

Despite all that, there will be some tool behind you who is more important than you or maybe in more of a hurry to get whre he is going and will squeeze into the mometarily faster flowing traffic in the centre lane, "undertake"you, then cut in front of you into the gap which you were leaving for braking distance.

You have the choice either to accept this, or when you see the aforementioned tool starting his undertaking manoeuvre, you can speed up a bit and close the gap, thus reducing your safety margin and possibly opening yourself to critisism that you are also a tool, when really all you were doing was driving safely and following the Highway Code, but weren't prepared to let some inconsiderate oik to push in.

Maybe I need to get a dash cam fitted to my car, or possibly eight Browning machine guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro driverless cars type over at HPC (the one with the butterfly avatar) described driving as "A public act of masturbation". Ever since I read that it completely changed my view of cars and driving. I'm now quite chilled and happy for everybody else to be the wankers. Once you start looking at it like that, it's just so obvious that's exactly what it is.

My favourite is the types that go slip road -> outside lane without even assessing the situation. Half the time the outside lane is going slower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit when driving the thing that really pisses me off is being stuck behind a slow driver when on a slip road joining a motorway.

You see plenty gaps on the motorway and the slow driver doesn't take them and then joins the motorway at 40mph. The traffic on the motorway is all bunched up because of the fool joining the motorway at 40mph and there is a bunch of traffic bunched up on the slip road due to the slow driver.

I've seen someone join a motorway at 20mph on a near deserted motorway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Estate agents / Letting agents.

But more specifically, those that are so keen to get a property on rightmove they do it before they get the photographs.

I only get notification from RM when a new property goes on - and without the photographs this is totally meaningless. I am not going to keep going back every few days to check if the pictures are there.

Idiots. Do they not realise they have massively reduced the chance of the property getting any interest by their stupid haste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.