• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Nosler

Trivial Things that annoy you

4 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Estate agents / Letting agents.

But more specifically, those that are so keen to get a property on rightmove they do it before they get the photographs.

I only get notification from RM when a new property goes on - and without the photographs this is totally meaningless. I am not going to keep going back every few days to check if the pictures are there.

Idiots. Do they not realise they have massively reduced the chance of the property getting any interest by their stupid haste.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by this. There's an estate agents near me that almost always puts listings up without floorplans and/or most of the photos then adds them days or weeks afterwards.

1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

I've started carrying a knife because I often can't get packaging open. It's easier just to cut away the packaging than spend 10 minutes faffing like an out of depth contestant on the Krypton Factor.

And you can use the knife to dismember the progenitors of this vile technology should you even meet one of them. 

This.

hqdefault.jpg

It drives me absolutely mental, Mrs Hartman insists upon it but can't give me a reasonable explanation why. My father in law does it too and got distinctly huffy when I asked what the bloody point was.

Why do you need a tub in the sink when doing the washing up!? It's a sink within a sink, it's pointless, pointless I tell you!

In addition it makes pulling the plug out at the end more difficult as you end up slopping water everywhere as you tip your bastard tub over to empty the water out so you can empty the water out.

It gave me such the arse a few weeks ago that it was taken to the door and booted into the back garden. That night, to my irritation, it was reinstated by herself.

Later that night she asked for a glass of wine which I brought for her in a large glass...which was empty apart from the smaller glass full of wine that I'd placed inside it to prove a point.

I was pronounced a prick.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

This.

It drives me absolutely mental, Mrs Hartman insists upon it but can't give me a reasonable explanation why. My father in law does it too and got distinctly huffy when I asked what the bloody point was.

Why do you need a tub in the sink when doing the washing up!? It's a sink within a sink, it's pointless, pointless I tell you!

In addition it makes pulling the plug out at the end more difficult as you end up slopping water everywhere as you tip your bastard tub over to empty the water out so you can empty the water out.

It gave me such the arse a few weeks ago that it was taken to the door and booted into the back garden. That night, to my irritation, it was reinstated by herself.

Later that night she asked for a glass of wine which I brought for her in a large glass...which was empty apart from the smaller glass full of wine that I'd placed inside it to prove a point.

hqdefault.jpg

It was quite a prickish thing to do to be fair. 

I don't use a washing up bowl for aesthetic reasons (wtf are we doing debating washing up bowls?) but find that it is really helpful when you find you haven't emptied the dregs from cups and glasses before starting. You can just chuck it over the side of the bowl and into the sink proper  

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

It was quite a prickish thing to do to be fair. 

I don't use a washing up bowl for aesthetic reasons (wtf are we doing debating washing up bowls?) but find that it is really helpful when you find you haven't emptied the dregs from cups and glasses before starting. You can just chuck it over the side of the bowl and into the sink proper  

Well it irritates the shit out of me. So there.

Humph.

:P

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

This.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh man. Life is too short, surely. I love baiting my wife but not about stuff like that....Just get a double or +1+1/2 sink and you'll both be happy.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Oh man. Life is too short, surely. I love baiting my wife but not about stuff like that....Just get a double or +1+1/2 sink and you'll both be happy.

His 'n' hers? 

To put it in context, we take the piss out of each others trivial little foibles. Never nasty, more banter.

She did laugh before announcing I was a prick.

She will be plotting some sort of vengeance and she has a much bigger list to choose from.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Right, fine. I can see I'm on my own with this one! 

cnvrtble.gif

I think we are trying to say to pick your battles. Say it out loud as if you were addressing an audience "I fell out with mrs sgt over the use of a washing up bowl'. o.O

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think we are trying to say to pick your battles. Say it out loud as if you were addressing an audience "I fell out with mrs sgt over the use of a washing up bowl'. o.O

It's true, I admit it. I am ashamed. 

In my defense though, your Honour, this is a thread for trivial irritations so I thought me being a tit about a washing up bowl would have slotted in nicely. :D

It's true, I admit it. I am ashamed. 

In my defense though, your Honour, this is a thread for trivial irritations so I thought me being a tit about a washing up bowl would have slotted in nicely. :D

To be fair, you are absolutely right but it doesn't say in the small print that you (or anyone else) will not be ribbed mercilessly for it. xD

Personally I find people that take pictures of incredibly mundane activities very annoying. Did you put it on titbook?

And how did you get that angle? We're you perched on the fridge and are you therefore an estate agent?

8 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Personally I find people that take pictures of incredibly mundane activities very annoying. Did you put it on titbook?

I'll have you know that it was a Google search and it is a still from a YouTube video...which means that someone has filmed themselves doing the washing up. O.o

I am not a member of Titbook, I fart in its general direction.

13 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

are you therefore an estate agent?

You go to far sir. 

I'll have you know that it was a Google search and it is a still from a YouTube video...which means that someone has filmed themselves doing the washing up. O.o

Admit it, you were on marigoldfetish.com again, weren't you?

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

You go to far sir. 

Just be careful out there, the level,of depravity on the internet is worryingly scary  

Just now, One percent said:

Just be careful out there, the level,of depravity on the internet is worryingly scary  

Opening stuff.

Seriously, it's a huge thing on YouTube. Someone opening kinder eggs...hundreds of thousands of views.

Deeply weird.

Not as weird as tubs in sinks though...

*runs away*

5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Thought of one today. 

People that go into a stall in a public toilet and piss on the seat.  Makes my blood boil.

People that can't time their once (or maybe twice) a day crap for when they aren't out and about in public.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Fucking hell mate, that's a bit niche!!

I'll take four pairs.

They'll be left handed. Is that OK?