• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

no condom sex

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-42171536/world-hacks-the-secret-hiv-protection-for-women-with-cheating-husbands

In Malawi, a ring inserted in the vagina is helping women defend themselves against the spread of HIV - even when their partner refuses to wear a condom.

Is this new? I remember there was  a female condom years ago - it was like a short condom with the end cut off (no idea how it worked)

Just now, Knock Out Johnny said:

Is this new? I remember there was  a female condom years ago - it was like a short condom with the end cut off (no idea how it worked)

The femidom is something completely different.

I'm not reading the So-Called BBC article. However.

even without reading it I'd lay good money it is not the ring but a chemical compound, most likely an anti infective drug, it is infused with, no?

5 minutes ago, Melchett said:

even without reading it I'd lay good money it is not the ring but a chemical compound, most likely an anti infective drug, it is infused with, no?

Vagina Dentata?

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

Antiretrovirals impregnated into the silicone of the ring. Apparently it only cuts transmission rates by a third so it's just putting off the inevitable really. My guess is that this will cost a lot of money ($7 per ring which needs to be replaced monthly - who's going to be paying for that?) and potentially increase HIV transmission rates because people will think they're protected. If women in Malawi find it hard to persuade men to wear a condom now, are they going to have any chance if this device becomes widely available?

1 minute ago, Goat said:

My guess is that this is aimed at sex workers rather than the general public and the main beneficiary is likely to be the client rather than the lady herself, I'd be intersted to know if the effect on transmission rates is the same in each direction or if it is more effective at protecting the male/female.

As to cost, presumably this could be supplied as part of some kind of public health initiative funded if necessary by foreign donors, provided it's limited to this particular high risk group it shouldn't be that expensive.

I understood that female to male HIV transmission rates were virtually zero?

But my data is very out of date.

Edited by Cunning Plan

25 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

The male to female transmission rate is about ten times that of the female to male. 

30 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Outside of Africa yep.

Sad fact is that Afrucan culture is so promuscious that a risk that would be pretty low in the West is a possibility in most African communities.

Shame the article didnt make that clear.

If there's no blood and cuts a bloke could bang a burd wearing a "I have AIDS" t shirt ten times and not have much to worry about.

Such is nature. Not fair. 

21 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Contact with semen makes women happy: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2067223.stm

Why waste it, it is fantastic in scrambled eggs.

https://www.epicurious.com/archive/blogs/editor/2009/01/cooking-with-se.html

naturalharvestcover.jpg

From reddit

'I have to say the semen really does add a unique and delicious taste to the eggs, it kind of uplifts the whole flavor of the scrambled eggs and I swear they seem a little fluffier than normal. It is something I highly recommend. I have been doing this for about 4 years. '

As they say, it is much better taken orally, so why not do it with style and panache gastronomically.

8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

There's no way I'm eating them spunky scrambled eggs.

If it's all the same to you, I'll stick to the fanny batter...

XYY

I'm absolutely sure Mrs XYY would love breakfast in bed this weekend.

This article from the so-called BBC, promotes the view that men cheat and women are the victims.

The reality is that both men and women have secret relationships leaving other partner vulnerable.