• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

In honour of 100 years of female suffrage

FFS! 2018 marks 100 years of full male suffrage in the UK. We have to wait another 10 years until 2028 to mark 100 years of equal female suffrage. But I suppose that a cursory acknowledgement of actual clearly documented history is not really the way at "our" BBC these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffrage#United_Kingdom

Representation of the People Act 1918 – <snip>All men aged 21 and over were given the right to vote. Property restrictions for voting were lifted for men. Votes were given to 40% of women, with property restrictions and limited to those over 30 years old. This increased the electorate from 7.7 million to 21.4 million with women making up 8.5 million of the electorate. Seven percent of the electorate had more than one vote. The first election with this system was the 1918 general election.

Representation of the People Act 1928 – equal suffrage for women and men, with voting possible at 21 with no property restrictions.

Representation of the People Act 1948 – the act was passed to prevent plural voting.

Representation of the People Act 1969 – extension of suffrage to those 18 and older.

I think this is going to spectacularly backfire.

Instead of showing women in a blaze of glory - it will just highlight how many of them are nasty self obsessed twats.

Yes I know plenty of blokes are too !!

1 hour ago, Fully Detached said:

A house full of that many women all trying to outdo the others? They'll kill each other.

1 minute ago, ccc said:

I think this is going to spectacularly backfire.

Instead of showing women in a blaze of glory - it will just highlight how many of them are nasty self obsessed twats.

Yes I know plenty of blokes are too !!

It will be like one of those desert island programmes with all male camp (co-operating, doing shit) and female camp (bitching, whining, moaning, getting fuck all done)

As long as there is conflict, the viewing figures will hold. That's all the maker's want. Plus a hint of lezzer action for any blokes drunk enough to watch

Edited by NewryH

29 minutes ago, JFK said:

It will be like one of those desert island programmes with all male camp (co-operating, doing shit) and female camp (bitching, whining, moaning, getting fuck all done)

Bear Grylls The Island season 2 was funny.

Woman 1 “We need to elect a leader. The way we are running things now just isn’t working.”

Woman 2 (angrily) “In what sense isn’t it working?”

Woman 1 (utterly exasperated) “In the sense that we are rapidly starving to death.”

Woman 2 gives death stare and then walks away.

54 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Woman 1 “We need to elect a leader. The way we are running things now just isn’t working.”

Woman 1 (utterly exasperated) “In the sense that we are rapidly starving to death.”

:D

Picked off my twitter feed:

https://medium.freecodecamp.org/why-we-desperately-need-women-to-design-ai-72cb061051df

The write has  a BA in History, Political science, International relations and French.

Then went onto to an MBA ...

If shes typical, thats why you dont have many women in AI - or any other subject that requires lots of maths.

An interesting sidenote:

' Harriet Green, IBM’s GM of the Watson IoT part of the business, suggests that the already-existing corporate culture that “lives and breathes diversity” led to this happening. She says, “IBM has mixed engineering teams of both gender and nationality, with members from China, Sri Lanka, Germany, Scandinavia and the UK.” '

Ahh thats where that strange woman ended up.

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I'm sure all of the women who did actually accomplish something of merit in regards to women's rights will be overjoyed to have their efforts saluted on a program where a fat, drunk contestant fucked herself with a wine bottle.

Did it involve Scat? I keep getting sent such things in WhatsApp groups. People are strange.

51 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Did it involve Scat? I keep getting sent such things in WhatsApp groups. People are strange.

There was a yokel store down south called SCATS.

Oh imagine the crossed wires at the checkout.....

Just now, Dipsy said:

Is that a barrel being scraped?

Lets ait for the wimmin.

If Sue Pollards in, then yes.

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

What about 100 years of male working class suffrage?  Don't they count?

Don't be silly.  We had all the massive celebrations for 100 years of 'about half of males being able to vote' in 1984.  Don't you remember?  

4 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Yeah that was the ones I was thinking of, quite amusing.

Plus not being able to fish, the guys offering to help out (for some of the fish caught - when they heard this, they said no ... so they starved).

The women were complaining that the guys had lots of stuff organised - resources stacked (firewood etc) so they were warm .. fucking morons the lot of them

38 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Kinga. 

the minger

(I saw that on TV when it was broadcast ... and I just thought to myself 'this is probably the bleakest moment of TV I have ever watched ...)