• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

TheBlueCat

There is a God!

3 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

i'm calling bs/publicity/christmas single

I see no reason why eviction proceedings (if rent not paid etc) or notice given (if on an AST) can't be given simply because they are claiming diplomatic immunity

Seems diplomats are exempt from civil proceedings as well as criminal ones:

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/forum/residential-letting-questions/2884-diplomatic-immunity

Could all still be made up of course.

4 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

i'm calling bs/publicity/christmas single

I see no reason why eviction proceedings (if rent not paid etc) or notice given (if on an AST) can't be given simply because they are claiming diplomatic immunity

Cant be done for a crimeas a diplomat. You can get away with murder.

Any serious crime normally ends up with the accused going home then arrested and brought back.

Minor stuff - like congestion charge and rental arrears are ignored.

I would guess shes let her flat out, at a large rent, to some africans.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/forum/residential-letting-questions/2884-diplomatic-immunity

Diplomats did not pay traffic fines and the congestion charge as they claimed immunity, I assume because these are civil issues as is the AST as they are not squating which is now IIRC criminal. I wonder if Lily realises she is exactly the same as Rachman and Fergus Wilson; a landlord.

1 minute ago, satch said:

Diplomats did not pay traffic fines and the congestion charge as they claimed immunity, I assume because these are civil issues as is the AST as they are not squating which is now IIRC criminal. I wonder if Lily realises she is exactly the same as Rachman and Fergus Wilson; a landlord.

Behave. She is a social justice warrior, wronging rights and virtue signalling to the rest of us. 

9 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

My brother owns a house which he bought under the buy-to-let scheme. However, because of his tenant, he is behind with his mortgage repayments. The tenant is a diplomat and for the past four months he has not paid any rent, despite numerous requests and complaints to his embassy and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. What can my brother do to evict this person and recover the unpaid rent? My brother has been told that he will not be able to enforce any judgment against his tenant because he has diplomatic immunity.

• David Fleming writes: The Diplomatic Privileges Act 1964 provides that a diplomatic agent (meaning the head of the mission or a member of the diplomatic staff of the mission) is entitled to immunity from the civil and administrative jurisdiction of the British courts except in three cases.

One of these exceptions is "a real action relating to private immovable property situated in the territory of the receiving state unless he holds it on behalf of the sending state for the purposes of the mission".

It seems, therefore, that your brother will be able to bring a claim for possession of the property against the diplomat on the grounds that he has not paid his rent.

On the other hand, I do not think the exception is wide enough to enable you to enforce any judgment against him for non-payment of rent. For this reason, I would always advise a client to be very wary of letting a property to a diplomat.

• David Fleming is head of property litigation at William Heath & Co
Edited by Knock Out Johnny

She has been busy rehoming the thousands displaced by Grenfell and is only now thinking about what her own kids will do for Christmas (no mention of dad?). Shame on all you xenophobic bigots for taking pleasure in her poor kids’ misery......

I’m fucking thrilled 😁 

44 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

aaaaaaaaaaand another one's down. I remember this cunt's particularly patronizing portrayal of the MGTOW men. So he can go fuck himself:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42231416

What a twat.

If he knew anything about the history of music he would realise that the modern popular song probably would not exist without Jews like Jerome Kern, Irving Berlin, Rodgers and Hammerstein, Lieber and Stoller, Coffin and King, Burt Bacharach, Bond Dylan, Leonard Cohen etc. The virtually wrote the American song book and provided many of the standards that jazz and popular musicians fall back on when their own inspiration dries up. How could such an absolute moron with such a pitiful knowledge of the history of music even get a job as music presenter on the B.B.C.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Just now, Virgil Caine said:

How could such an absolute moron with such a pitiful knowledge of the history of music even get a job as music presenter on the B.B.C.

I'll not give the obvious answer.