• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Carl Fimble

Video editing and coding, synths and an alt-right youtuber

Millennial Woes has his own website now, it's got a page which I thought might be of interest over here on the hobbies and interests bit :

http://millennialwoes.com/sfx.html

It seems he does pretty much everything on his videos- all the sounds and visuals, with coding rather than using existing tools/software!

Interesting, as are many of his videos on various subjects.

I've just now taken a look at this. Millenial Woes mentions Theodore Dalrymple as an inspiration to him, and who rescued him from his funk. I've probably read some of Dalrymple's articles unwittingly in the Spectator, but I'd like to read more. He sounds like a well-bred mix of doctor, ethnographer,  art critic, and outward-looking conservative with principles. 

One of his books mentions that the attraction of Islam to secularised young men is that it restores their power over women. 

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:04, Everentt said:

I've just now taken a look at this. Millenial Woes mentions Theodore Dalrymple as an inspiration to him, and who rescued him from his funk. I've probably read some of Dalrymple's articles unwittingly in the Spectator, but I'd like to read more. He sounds like a well-bred mix of doctor, ethnographer,  art critic, and outward-looking conservative with principles. 

One of his books mentions that the attraction of Islam to secularised young men is that it restores their power over women. 

Interesting, I've read hardly any Dalrymple, have heard Woes mention him quite a few times though. 

I'll have to have a look.

Bought an old stock Arturia Minilab - with the old Analog Lab (5,000 sounds from the range analogue simulations), for just over 50 notes unbeatable. Hardware synths are going to be sold. 

2 hours ago, onlyme said:

Bought an old stock Arturia Minilab - with the old Analog Lab (5,000 sounds from the range analogue simulations), for just over 50 notes unbeatable. Hardware synths are going to be sold. 

Wow! I don't know loads about them but see them for sale on Gumtree quite a bit. Woes is really quite keen on them, has done a few videos of him in music shops trying out digital and analog synths and getting overly excited. 

Can we expect a dosbods anthem now you have your new toy?

3 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Wow! I don't know loads about them but see them for sale on Gumtree quite a bit. Woes is really quite keen on them, has done a few videos of him in music shops trying out digital and analog synths and getting overly excited. 

Can we expect a dosbods anthem now you have your new toy?

Need to be careful with software transfers, so if seller does not mention it then avoid. Below has been made with the V collection (which is about £250 when on frequent offer to Arturia users but contains the full simulations with every feature editable) but the stock sounds on Analog Lab are just as good quality wise.

Renovation work before anthem I'm afraid, maybe one day.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:22, onlyme said:

Need to be careful with software transfers, so if seller does not mention it then avoid. Below has been made with the V collection (which is about £250 when on frequent offer to Arturia users but contains the full simulations with every feature editable) but the stock sounds on Analog Lab are just as good quality wise.

Renovation work before anthem I'm afraid, maybe one day.

That little thing sounds good and looks like a lot of fun could be had with it. Hope you enjoy your new purchase.

I would be keen to hear your composition once you have it up and running properly, maybe you could post it on this thread.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to get an S-Video signal out of an S-VHS capable VCR which can play S-VHS on a TV through SCART but doesn't actually have an S-Video out?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Funn3r said:

I don't suppose anyone knows how to get an S-Video signal out of an S-VHS capable VCR which can play S-VHS on a TV through SCART but doesn't actually have an S-Video out?

I don't, sorry.

Round my way there are little adverts on traffic island railings, for video to DVD transfers, perhaps someone in your area does this sort of thing, and might be able to transfer from S-VHS?

An online seach may find someone if you don't have the wee adverts on railings I'm on about.

EDIT : Or, just buy a Scart to SVHS cable :

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scart+to+svhs+cable

Edited by Carl Fimble
edit bit

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I don't, sorry.

Round my way there are little adverts on traffic island railings, for video to DVD transfers, perhaps someone in your area does this sort of thing, and might be able to transfer from S-VHS?

An online seach may find someone if you don't have the wee adverts on railings I'm on about.

Thanks, it's pretty easy to do normal VHS transfers and there is no shortage of people willing to take on this small task for a large fee.  S-video a lot more tricky. I have everything set up it's just that my player hasn't got a dedicated S-video output and I don't really want to buy another one. Tried quite hard to find the SCART S-video pinout which sounds easy but is not, at least in my experience so far.  

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

Thanks, it's pretty easy to do normal VHS transfers and there is no shortage of people willing to take on this small task for a large fee.  S-video a lot more tricky. I have everything set up it's just that my player hasn't got a dedicated S-video output and I don't really want to buy another one. Tried quite hard to find the SCART S-video pinout which sounds easy but is not, at least in my experience so far.  

I edited my post while you were responding, would one of the SCART to SVHS cables work?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scart+to+svhs+cable