DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Revolut card adding cryptos this Thursday

Inoperational Bumblebee

Inoperational Bumblebee

As title, Revolut currency card is adding bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin as currencies on Thursday. No link as on phone. They already have a userbase of a million users, and IME, it works seamlessly everywhere.

It's often mentioned that bitcoin needs an extra payment layer like Lightning Network. Could this be an interim solution?

I'm not sure about storing my cryptos on the card, but it may provide an easy way to take profits or to spend them day to day if I want. This may be an easy way to exchange crypto for physical gold...

Inoperational Bumblebee
1 hour ago, dgul said:

That's amazing timing on their part...

Ain't it just!

If anyone is interested in signing up, could you use my link please?

https://revolut.com/r/davidrea!crypto

[EDIT] In the interests of transparency, I need three people to sign up to be allowed to use the crypto function now. Premium users get it straight away and I don't use it enough to subscribe... TIA if you do.

9 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Turns out you can't actually fund the card with crypto. What a load of shit.

I wonder if there's ever any crypto on the card at all, especially with their timescales and costs -- it looks like a derivative exposure to me.

Inoperational Bumblebee

Supposedly they've partnered with Bitstamp but unsure how it all works. FWIW this seems to have improved transfers in cash between the two as I withdrew some from the exchange earlier and it was on my card as spendable cash within 5 hours.

• 11 months later...

I joined Revolut yesterday to send some money to India. Received a message from them today:

"Your account has been recently flagged by our automated security systems. For this reason, we need to clarify if you or any of your relatives have/had any politically-related occupation? Please note that we only ask for the information regarding your identity as a part of a standard procedure which is necessary under Financial Conduct Authority regulation. Best regards"

WTF! Have no idea why I have been flagged as no is the answer and why the fuck are they asking. Weird!

I have responded by asking why their automated security system flagged my account. I could play the gdpr card if they don't respond. Perhaps my opinions on here have raised red flags with the authorities! Watch out, big brother is amongst us! 

On 06/12/2018 at 16:09, Gloommonger said:

"Your account has been recently flagged by our automated security systems. For this reason, we need to clarify if you or any of your relatives have/had any politically-related occupation? 

This sort of bullshit is why we need to bitcoin to hit big time adoption.

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2018 at 16:09, Gloommonger said:

I joined Revolut yesterday to send some money to India. Received a message from them today:

"Your account has been recently flagged by our automated security systems. For this reason, we need to clarify if you or any of your relatives have/had any politically-related occupation? Please note that we only ask for the information regarding your identity as a part of a standard procedure which is necessary under Financial Conduct Authority regulation. Best regards"

WTF! Have no idea why I have been flagged as no is the answer and why the fuck are they asking. Weird!

All the more reason to use Ripple.  

Archived