• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

Seekers of truth, justice and free speech

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42242630

i felt that this deserved a thread of its own for the sheer hypocrisy and brass neck. 

the So-Called BBC is to launch a new scheme to help young people identify real news and filter out fake or false information.

The project is targeted at secondary schools and sixth forms across the UK. 

From March, up to 1,000 schools will be offered mentoring in class and online to help them spot so-called fake news.

BBC journalists including Kamal Ahmed, Tina Daheley, Amol Rajan and Huw Edwards will also take part in events aimed at helping students.

they are no longer satisfied with their outpourings over media, they now want to get into schools to pollute minds  

Good.....this will give students the analytical ability to look and question everything they read....including the crap from the so-called BBC.

Shooting yourself in the foot pop-pickers.

Is this the same BBC that didn't report on widespread sexual abuse in Rotherham for decades?

I think there is a lot of "fake news" out there. However it seems to be the So-Called BBC that pumps it out. I still don't know why the media are demonising the Russians and Trump, 

Why is it wrong for the Trump team to have unofficial dialogue with the Russians? Surely building relationships with definitely-not-gay Putin is a good thing?

I don't think you need to be any sort of conspiracy theorist to believe that the So-Called BBC is an agenda driven organisation, so on that basis it's completely rational for them to try to get to younger minds earlier. The message will be thinly veiled so that even the stupidest people can understand it: The only news organisation you can trust is the So-Called BBC.

I guess they'll use fear as a primary tactic - fear of the awful consequences of disseminating non BBC approved news and opinion, again thinly veiled but quite a simple message: Everyone on social media (therefore everybody) will want to destroy you.

The only question I would have is whether this move is part of a drive to increase the power and reach of the So-Called BBC, or to try to protect what they already have. I'd suggest the latter on the basis that in recent months I've heard the So-Called BBC called Fake News by people who I wouldn't in a million years have expected to hear that from.

That doesn't mean they can't succeed. The fuckers won't go down without a fight.

Edited by Fully Detached

26 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's all down to how you define "fake news". I would agree that the So-Called BBC doesn't put out stories that it knows to be untrue but what it does do is:

Not report upon news that doesn't fit its agenda (immigration levels in the 2000s, Rotherham, the sex offending of the Clintons)

Create headline news from stories so trivial that they wouldn't merit inclusion in the local paper but that fit their agenda (I dyed my hair pink to protest against something or other)

Report false allegations made against their targets (Trump, Farage) by giving headline prominence to the false accusation and burying the clear, evidenced rebuttal in the text.

Their method of smearing anyone with whom they disagree: Don't want mass immigration? You are "far right".

👍 out of reps again.  Good analysis. Agree. 

33 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's all down to how you define "fake news". I would agree that the So-Called BBC doesn't put out stories that it knows to be untrue but what it does do is:

Not report upon news that doesn't fit its agenda (immigration levels in the 2000s, Rotherham, the sex offending of the Clintons)

Create headline news from stories so trivial that they wouldn't merit inclusion in the local paper but that fit their agenda (I dyed my hair pink to protest against something or other)

Report false allegations made against their targets (Trump, Farage) by giving headline prominence to the false accusation and burying the clear, evidenced rebuttal in the text.

Their method of smearing anyone with whom they disagree: Don't want mass immigration? You are "far right".

and they're happy to selectively edit situations to suit their agenda. I'll never forget the images of gimmegrants they showed v the original unedited clips.

11 minutes ago, dgul said:

Yes.

What is needed is a 'protest by questioning' movement to provide 'things to think about before this propaganda BBC education initiative' for the children (although I'd guess many are quite capable of working it out for themselves).

I'd start by suggesting thinking about the '5-levels of fake news*':

• Reporting news that isn't true
  • Not reporting news that is true
  • Reporting two sides of a story to appear impartial, but then debunking one side and hyping the other.
  • Reporting news but burying it in other news so that everyone misses it.
  • Reporting news but being very selective in the parts that are reported.

Then the homework could be:

• Think about which category of 'fake news' is most important, and which least; list the categories above in importance for you.   For example, 'news that isn't true' might be easier to research and dismiss than news that appears correct but that is missing an important fact.
  • Think about the reasons for fake news.  Might malicious fake news about a celebrity be more or less important than state sponsored fake news to drive a political agenda?  Discuss your thoughts in a paragraph.
  • Write a paragraph about one example of each category of fake news that has been reported by a reputable news agency (for example, the So-Called BBC).
  • There is one more, newer, category of 'fake news' -- decrying a news story as 'fake news' to dismiss it.  Write a paragraph about what you think about this.

[*there might be more categories -- this is just initial thoughts]

Outstanding!

I don't think that, as a young child, you would work it out for yourself.  The world is big, new and complex and you want adults to guide you as to who are the heroes and villains in the very black and white mental world that children inhabit.  the So-Called BBC has a trusted status among most people (even soem on here...) and it is very much exploiting that trust for its own ends.

3 hours ago, One percent said:

Don't think so, it will be on a level of "everything we say is the truth, everything from anywhere else is fake"

Based on the notion that they are big, have checkers for everything and only publish news according to strict Licensee guidelines.

In spite of all the above, they avoid calling Islamic terror Islamic terror, condemn brexiteers, Anyone wanting a border control and of course, Trump is to blame for everything else.

RooshV, a pickup artist and men's rights writer, has been banned from travelling to the UK by the home office. I'm not his biggest fan but banning him is ridiculous, and is only a step away from banning anyone who has any 'Red Pill' opinions:

Edited by JoeDavola

10 minutes ago, This Time said:

He is a self-admitted rapist.

I take it you're referring to this from his wiki page which falls a long way short of that statement:

In February 2015, Roosh was criticized for a blog post that he wrote titled "How to Stop Rape" in which he proposed legalising rape.[43] In the post, he said "If rape becomes legal under my proposal, a girl will protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone. If rape becomes legal, a girl will not enter an impaired state of mind where she can't resist being dragged off to a bedroom with a man who she is unsure of—she'll scream, yell, or kick at his attempt while bystanders are still around. If rape becomes legal, she will never be unchaperoned with a man she doesn't want to sleep with. After several months of advertising this law throughout the land, rape would be virtually eliminated on the first day it is applied."[44] Alex Wellman at the Daily Mirror wrote "a self-styled pick-up guru appears to have called for rape to be legalised in certain situations so that women learn to protect their bodies".[45] S. E. Smith at the online magazine xoJane asserted that "we need to talk openly not just about how many MRAs [men's rights activists] like Roosh promote rape and violence against women, but how many of them may be rapists themselves".[28]

Roosh has since said that the post was meant as satire, arguing that its very title indicates that it was not intended as pro-rape advocacy.[46][47] He also said that even if studies were to show that legalizing rape would reduce the number of rapes, feminists would still oppose any legislation that solved the problem in a way that didn't "criminalize normal male behavior and erase all responsibility that a woman has".[48]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosh_V

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Even within the OP article there is some obfuscation over the Trump Britain First retweets.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the So-Called BBC can't admit to publishing fake news itself, so this course will basically be, as someone else said, a form of 'everything we say is true but beware of everyone else especially any "far right" media'. 

This whole idea of 'fake news' is dangerous IMO. It promotes the idea that some news items are objectively real and true, and others demonstrably false. This allows legacy media like the So-Called BBC to claim they have sole ownership of the truth. But in reality all news items contain some sort of bias or point of view which one must be aware of when considering it. This is what people need to understand, but this takes a fair bit of training and intelligence and is probably not the sort of thing the average Beeboid would be able to impart to the average British school child. 

I recall from my own schooldays for example we weren't taught this kind of thing until I was studying for A level English. 

2 minutes ago, This Time said:

I'm referring to incidents he's written about in his various books that are clearly rape. 

I know nothing about him beyond that wiki page and the odd comment on here so don't disagree.  I dislike the whole PUA thing so haven't taken an interest.

Sometimes we undervalue our BBC.

Many countries would be proud to benefit from an army of fully trained journalists, charged with a mission to educate, inform and entertain us, all safely assured to be real, fair and balanced.

All for less than £1 per day. Worth paying for BBC News alone.

Take the recent coverage of the Zimbabwe coup. Whereas fake news was reported as truthful fact by uneducated, untrained, uninformed, unwashed posters all over the internet - we in Britain have our BBC.

Could you imagine our BBC reporting tweets from Zanu PF, using them as a basis to inform us what was really going on with Mugabe - without first fact-checking the Twitter account was genuine ?

No.

That's why we should be proud of our BBC. Real news not fake news.