• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
dgul

And did those feet in ancient time

So, Trump is going to state Jerusalem as actually being in Israel, and even being the capital city.

This is what everyone in the US has thought of as being true for the last 60 years, but didn't like to say out loud because it might disrupt their supplies of oil.

So, is Trump correct* and fighting hypocrisy in declaring Jerusalem as capital.

Or is he an idiot in not leaving it be -- the next guy can sort out this hornet's nest.

[* as in correct to just stop mucking about.  Not correct as in 'those Palestinians can go whistle.  IMO, if Balfour could see what's happened there he'd have said 'Actually, guys, can we think about this a little more.   Perhaps talk with the people who live there and get their opinion?']

Apparently it might cause violent upset in the Arab world....

When Balfour did his thang, the ME was relatively diverse in creeds and the like

And, no, its not down to the Jews.

Maybe they need to offer a change of non Mulsim living in the ME a chance to move to Israel?

Good.

A country can decide its own capital so it's about time that other countries acknowledged this; even if it might upset somebody else.

Now what about Taiwan; which China has declared not a country and refuse sto deal with nayone who recognises it officially.

Those twenty countries brave enough to say to China "don't tell us what to do":

Africa (2 States)

Europe (1 State)

Oceania (6 States)

Caribbean (5 States)

Central America (5 States)

South America (1 State)

Not the UK, not the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_Taiwan#Entities_with_full_diplomatic_relations_with_Taiwan

The US has a load of oil now due to fracking - is actually starting to export the stuff. Oil and the Arabs has caused so much evil in the world. Now due to frackign the US can tell the oil arabs where to go.

US fracking oil is behind much of the changes that we are seeing - that and Trump being in the White House.

15 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Didn't America have about 8 changing / temporary Capitals until they settled on the present one? 

Yes.  And they had the bad manners to stick the final one in the British bit.  

Anyway, how come they get the Treaty of Paris, but Taiwan doesn't get similar?

I like Israel, I'd happily let them have any more land they can win from their useless neighbours in free and fair wars. but It does seem a bit confrontational of them to so want jerusalem as the state capital, just because it is their most holy city.

42 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The US has a load of oil now due to fracking - is actually starting to export the stuff. Oil and the Arabs has caused so much evil in the world. Now due to frackign the US can tell the oil arabs where to go.

US fracking oil is behind much of the changes that we are seeing - that and Trump being in the White House.

IMO Trump is only continuing what has been the US and Israel's policy (they are the same thing in this respect) in the ME for the last 25 years.

Since fracking was discovered in the 80s/90s they've caused as much chaos and disorder as possible in the Arab world, this prevents any state developing into the kind of orderly science-based society that might be able to develop nukes and threaten Israel. A rabble of low-tech enemies doesn't threaten Israel and has the added benefit of destabilising another economic opponent for the US (Europe) by dumping millions of refugees on them.

You thought the US was our friend? They never have been, only Israel can truly count on them.

This is just more shit-stirring, nothing new.

Edited by swissy_fit

22 minutes ago, JackieO said:

So the Orange Hitler moves the US embassy to Jerusalem which somehow makes it the capital of Israel and Ropers world wide are totally loosing their shit.

Anyone know why?

I was wondering the same, seems to have come out of nowhere 

What’s the Donald up to ? 

48 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Continuing the policies of Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama since fracking meant they no longer need the ME stable.

Shit stirring to keep the ME in flames, Israel's enemies a low-tech non-nuclear-capable rabble and to keep burdening/destabilising their technological competitor Europe with refugees.

IMO anyway. There is another thread.

Edited by swissy_fit

58 minutes ago, Malthus said:

at a guess - misdirection

it's win/win for him as it also panders to his hard-right fundies who have both love israel and hate the muslims and this jerusalem thingy legitimises Israel's claim to Jerusalem and pisses the muslim world off

He was also advised not to by white house staffers; so he does, cos that's how the donald rolls

Edited by Knock Out Johnny

6 hours ago, dgul said:

So, Trump is going to state Jerusalem as actually being in Israel, and even being the capital city.

This is what everyone in the US has thought of as being true for the last 60 years, but didn't like to say out loud because it might disrupt their supplies of oil.

So, is Trump correct* and fighting hypocrisy in declaring Jerusalem as capital.

Or is he an idiot in not leaving it be -- the next guy can sort out this hornet's nest.

[* as in correct to just stop mucking about.  Not correct as in 'those Palestinians can go whistle.  IMO, if Balfour could see what's happened there he'd have said 'Actually, guys, can we think about this a little more.   Perhaps talk with the people who live there and get their opinion?']

Dunno but the bastard just spilt my pint.

Being a pedant I suppose it could be pointed out that the US embassy is technically US territory whether it is located in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.

Anyway both the Jews and Arabs wanted the British to fuck off out of Palestine in 1948 so I don't see why we should worry about the technicalities of their never ending squabble. 

Edited by Virgil Caine

I wouldn't be surprised if a concession comes from Netanyahu towards the Palestinians or towards a peace deal. Everyone is proclaiming Trump is bonkers over Jerusalem, which is the impression Trump likes to give, and then Trump turns around to the Media/Pundits and makes fools of everyone with a 'Hah', gotcha, you weren't expecting that, were you'.

I still remember Trump's press conference in the Whitehouse with Netanyahu soon after Trump took office when Trump emphasised the attainment of a peace deal on Netanyahu.

The short 40s section from 5'19"-6'00"

In a nutshell

"A peace deal (between Israel and the Palestinians] is very important to ME"

"As with any successful negotiation both sides will have to make compromises" and, turning to Netahyahu, Trump says "You know that, right?"

Edited by Hopeful

8 hours ago, spygirl said:

Apparently it might cause violent upset in the Arab world....

When Balfour did his thang, the ME was relatively diverse in creeds and the like

And, no, its not down to the Jews.

Maybe they need to offer a change of non Mulsim living in the ME a chance to move to Israel?

The locals in Israel are not that pleasant to non Muslims either

Talk to any Christian Palestinian whose family have lived in Jerusalem for the last millenia or two.

This is a comment from Biased BBC. This is a decision made by US Govt some years ago, Presidents since not having the balls to implement, and kicking the can. Trump said he'd make Jerusalem capital during his campaign.

Trump really is a different kind of President. 

Cooper_Man

Thanks to this site I’m aware of the existence of Jon Sopel, the North American editor for the So-Called BBC and his virulent hate for everything about President Trump – and last night I actually got to listen to the chump for a couple of minutes while on a work break. Huw Edwards had him on to discuss the President’s intentions in moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and he asked Sopel why Trump was doing it and why now. Sopel didn’t know – “that’s a very good question, Hew, and no one I’ve spoken to in Washington seems to know.” or words to that affect. If the ignorant chump had any journalistic integrity whatsoever he would know that the U.S. Congress unanimously passed “The Jerusalem Embassy Act” way back in 1995 – it passed 374-47 in the House of Representatives and 93-5 in the Senate – but the act of actually implementing the Law has been continuously kicked down the road by every President since by the issuance of National Security waivers. Obama’s last waiver ran out at midnight December 5th, and President Trump has decided not to extend it. That is the why and the why now for the woefully ignorant Jon Sopel, Huw Edwards and everyone else at the So-Called BBC – the current President actually has a pair of testicles.

31 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

The locals in Israel are not that pleasant to non Muslims either

Talk to any Christian Palestinian whose family have lived in Jerusalem for the last millenia or two.

Ive never been to Jerusalem - place attracts nuts.

I have been to Tel Aviv a few times. I quite like that. Its like lebanon with better plumbing. 

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Ive never been to Jerusalem - place attracts nuts.

I have been to Tel Aviv a few times. I quite like that. Its like lebanon with better plumbing. 

Been to both, Jerusalem definitely a lot more tense, mainly because of the high density of religious loons awaiting the end of days ( all flavours and creeds were present).

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

What are the Palestinians going to do to show their anger. Fire a few more rockets and blow themselves up? They already do those things .:ph34r:

Interviewed live on BBC News tonight a Palestinian politician has criticised President Trump for urging calm.

"How dare Trump urge calm. How dare he."