• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Byron

Palace revolution

15 minutes ago, eight said:

I thought this thread was going to be about Wilfred Zaha.

If he doesn't get at least one penalty thanks to the VAR at the FA cup tie I'm going to be gutted.

Have not had the chance to read the details yet - not sure if they are out - but over on the Guido Fawkes site the view seems to be that we pay 75 billion to the EU, agree to abide by EU rules, regs & laws and, um, that's it. Oh, and there is no border control so people can continue to come willy nilly from Europe and elsewhere.

No idea if that is true but, if so, then it is a huge betrayal and I think we can look forward to a collapse of the Tory vote at a future general election.

Btw, a really, really bad thread title 9_9 I was about to start a thread on the May EU deal before I glanced at this.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Have not had the chance to read the details yet - not sure if they are out - but over on the Guido Fawkes site the view seems to be that we pay 75 billion to the EU, agree to abide by EU rules, regs & laws and, um, that's it. Oh, and there is no border control so people can continue to come willy nilly from Europe and elsewhere.

No idea if that is true but, if so, then it is a huge betrayal and I think we can look forward to a collapse of the Tory vote at a future general election.

Btw, a really, really bad thread title 9_9 I was about to start a thread on the May EU deal before I glanced at this.

Not really interested in the EU deal, just can Teresa stay as PM?

Even with all the blatant betrayal, I doubt that Boris could muster sufficient support in the PCP to take over, but who knows?

No doubt there are others who could just be plotting right now.

2 minutes ago, Byron said:

Not really interested in the EU deal, just can Teresa stay as PM?

Even with all the blatant betrayal, I doubt that Boris could muster sufficient support in the PCP to take over, but who knows?

No doubt there are others who could just be plotting right now.

Well May and the EU deal are pretty interwoven at the moment. I suspect it would be nigh impossible for anyone to go back on what she has agreed after the fact - weakness all round from the various Tory cabinet members it would seem.

As I say, I don't know enough about the deal yet but it does not sound good.

Stanley Johnson's peculiar choice of holiday in a jungle full of ITV cameras makes me suspect a Boris to PM in the not too distant future. He certainly benefits from an invisible hand assisting his career. 

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

It seems that Brexit means we get the shit things of being in the EU but few of the benefits of being outside the EU.... I honestly think a hard Brexit would be better than this deal. I really want EU migrants to go back home.

Apart from the tories there really isn't anyone to vote for... 

We really need Farage to rejoin UKIP. 

She ain't called Treason for no reason xD She has been a dead lady walking since she got in to No10, the worst possible choice for PM I can think of. The Tories could have kept Labour out of power for 15+ years.  She needs to go before Momentum / Steptoe's forces the entire party out.  Maybe wait for the boundary changes, then stand down and have a leadership contest between Davis and Mogg.

Anything else just won't work. They'll probably pick Gove or Boris, though, the Tories haven't picked the right leader for 20 years.

I include Farage in the serious serious disappointment of UKIP after the referendum.

Failing to maintain their political momentum to ensure there was true independence.  Even now their voice is effectively silent in the MSM.

UKIP are as good as tagged onto the tail end of the LibLabCon now.  Ask things are For Britain seems to have more potential.

Edited by twocents

i still dont think we will be allowed to leave,and the daftest thing that this country could do is put Steptoe in power,so he gets my vote.id rather the pain be felt now and particualy by the snowflake generation.the longer we leave it the worse its going to be.i want us to be the black/red swan.should make may look like a genius and with luck we can see how long germanys 300 billion surpless lasts proping the eurozone up.

I'm just going to keep posting this and highlight the dominoes as they fall as I predicted:

Prediction time:

1. May is going to continue to fuck up the BREXIT situation, either deliberately (my guess) or because she is useless DING DING DING
  2. Some crisis will arise which leads to her to either resign or get stabbed in the back by Boris/Gove
  3. Election called
  4. Steptoe wins, by a campaign that proposes another referendum on the grounds 'now we know how expensive it is, we need another vote'.  Remainers vote for him in droves, brexiteers don't have a unified option between UKIP/Tory and many say 'fuck it' anyway as they hate the Tories
  5. UK collapses as money flees London and the UK banks
  6. Media blames BREXIT

Time to make sure you are diversified outside the UK, DOSBODDERS

39 minutes ago, twocents said:

I include Farage in the serious serious disappointment of UKIP after the referendum.

Failing to maintain their political momentum to ensure there was true independence.  Even now their voice is effectively silent in the MSM.

UKIP are now as good as tagged onto the tail end of the LibLabCon now.  Ask things are For Britain seems to have more potential.

Farage is wheeled out on tV  everytime there's a eu story, he has a daily prime time hour slot on LBC, plus a 3 hour prime sunday morning  sycophantic call-in show and constant coverage in the Daily Mail and telegraph

To say the MSM has marginalised st Nigel of Farage is laughable

12 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

Farage is wheeled out on tV  everytime there's a eu story, he has a daily prime time hour slot on LBC, plus a 3 hour prime sunday morning  sycophantic call-in show and constant coverage in the Daily Mail and telegraph

He marginalised himself by moving away from UKIP...

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

i still dont think we will be allowed to leave,and the daftest thing that this country could do is put Steptoe in power,so he gets my vote.id rather the pain be felt now and particualy by the snowflake generation.the longer we leave it the worse its going to be.i want us to be the black/red swan.should make may look like a genius and with luck we can see how long germanys 300 billion surpless lasts proping the eurozone up.

These last ten or so years, I have felt genuine sympathy for the young, priced out of everything due to uncontrolled immigration, driving down wages, and hyping demand for shelter. Not to mention Gordon and George printing and printing, andfucking with the financial futures of everyone for short term electoral gain.

And not to mention University VCs baiting the traps with media courses at £9k pa. The proceeds of which are ending up in the VCs pockets etc etc.....

Tonight i am weighing up buying a couple of flats to rent out.

Cash, at auction so no worries re Osbornes purge on leveraged BTL.

I may actually enjoy explaining to some millennial prick remainer,  why the rent is so high, and how i did my best to get it down a bit.

You can't help some people.

Fuck the millennials. On you go, boys and girls.

Yes i'm feeling fucking vindictive this night.

Edited by shindigger

i dont hate the youth they have my smpathy,but i do want them to see a real left wing goverment in thall to the unions in power.they wont forget it even i can remember the powercuts from the early 70s and i must have been no older than 7.i also think they are nieve to germanys ambitions,maybe im being vindictive im not sure.either way the longer its the left till we get this crash the worse its going to be imo.

Edited by stokiescum

6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i dont hate the youth they have my smpathy,but i do want them to see a real left wing goverment in thall to the unions in power.they wont forget it even i can remember the powercuts from the early 70s and i must have been no older than 7.i also think they are nieve to germanys ambitions,maybe im being vindictive im not sure.either way the longer its the left till we get this crash the worse its going to be imo.

Completely agree really. I spent about a year on TOS spouting how, if a HPC was what people wanted, then they would have to vote Labour.

Now i want to see it all fucking burn. Dont hese kids realise how theyre being pumped?

All for some, ultimately meaningless, peer approval. Not much original thought going on is there....?

I should point out, i wrote a song about middle class student types pretending to be lefties back in the 80s when as a musician, i was surrounded with the fuckers. Theres nowt new under the sun really,  just now anti social media has brought it to life.

And the hateful, clueless, snobbery of remainers is another means of expressing it.

We're fucked.

Off to the wine thread.

my lodger is 24 he moans he cant afoard a house,he is a remainer and works with me and is surrounded by foreighners and asks why we have not had a payrise in 4 years,i roll my eyes.i also pointed out houses in our street were selling for between 16-22k until blair got in

2 hours ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

I was really referring to UKIP as a whole.  I agree that Farage has often been on the radio and has newspaper articles. 

Edited by twocents

7 minutes ago, twocents said:

I was really referring to UKIP as a whole.  I agree that Farage has often been on the radio and has newspaper articles. 

Fair enough, and I agree, UKIP was Farage. Ken Clarke was quite justified in describing Farage as the most successful politician of the last 20 years

Nuttall was a joke; sometimes literally

All I can say about the current leader is... can't be arsed to look him up - some bloke ex T.A. if I recall