• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

A big sendofff ....

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

God knows what will happen when Cliff pegs it.

A load of 40-something men with lifelong alcohol addiction and in need of money will tell the So-Called BBC ad nauseum that they "just wouldn't have been believed" if they said anything when he was alive?

...I am joking, by the way. Before anyone reports my risque post. O.o

Been on both itv  and ch4 news.

Nuts.

Only a few brits know who he is. And those regard him as some sort of over aged saddo.

Plastique Bertrand is much more popular. No fucker could sing a Halliday song.

Edited by spygirl

17 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

well we know who he was.....now

Mrs Macrons younger brother?

Is Prince Charles going to host Johnny Rotten funeral?

I dont remeber the Queen being rolled out for Sid Vicious or Gary Barlow.

39 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Mrs Macrons younger brother?

Is Prince Charles going to host Johnny Rotten funeral?

I dont remeber the Queen being rolled out for Sid Vicious or Gary Barlow.

Gary Barlow isn't dead!

Well I did say on the Celebrity Death List thread that Hallyday was a sort of national institution in France so the big crowds don't really surprise me.

I suppose you had to be French to understand his attraction to them. In one respect the very fact his act was not really appreciated outside France was what made him special to the Frogs. They would not really give a fuck what Brits thought about him.

7 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

A load of 40-something men with lifelong alcohol addiction and in need of money will tell the So-Called BBC ad nauseum that they "just wouldn't have been believed" if they said anything when he was alive?

...I am joking, by the way. Before anyone reports my risque post. O.o

Oi, Spunko. Leave our Cilff alone!

5 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Well I did say on the Celebrity Death List thread that Hallyday was a sort of national institution in France so the big crowds don't really surprise me.

I suppose you had to be French to understand his attraction to them. In one respect the very fact his act was not really appreciated outside France was what made him special to the Frogs. They would not really give a fuck what Brits thought about him.

Try explaining to a non-Brit why Cliff Richard is so revered in GB ;)

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Been on both itv  and ch4 news.

Nuts.

Only a few brits know who he is. And those regard him as some sort of over aged saddo.

Plastique Bertrand is much more popular. No fucker could sing a Halliday song.

A mussel munching Belgian i believe??

When I worked in the record industry (long ago) it was well known that you could not predict anything about what music would sell in France, from outside of the country.  Musically it was treated as the 'odd man out' from the rest of the world.

I guess that being proud of their language means that Hallyday, along with Gainsbourg, Brassens, Brel (Belgian) is part of the appeal as they mainly (or always) sung in French.

I have to say though that Johnny had a far more raunchy appeal that Cliff.  I think Cliff has mainly older lady fans.  A generation below those that adored Liberace.

4 hours ago, DeepLurker said:

Try explaining to a non-Brit why Cliff Richard is so revered in GB ;)

well cliff is so obviesly gay its unreal,i dont give a fk if he is gay neither.the other obliesly gay guy thats revered in the uk is jesus and that does get me in a spot of bother after a few pints .all he ever did was hang around with men ffs .

15 hours ago, Miss S said:

When I worked in the record industry (long ago) it was well known that you could not predict anything about what music would sell in France, from outside of the country.  Musically it was treated as the 'odd man out' from the rest of the world.

I guess that being proud of their language means that Hallyday, along with Gainsbourg, Brassens, Brel (Belgian) is part of the appeal as they mainly (or always) sung in French.

I have to say though that Johnny had a far more raunchy appeal that Cliff.  I think Cliff has mainly older lady fans.  A generation below those that adored Liberace.

One thing you can predict in France is that if you're a hip hop artist and speak in French, any old codswolop will sell. Sometimes outside of France as well. 

I'm lead to believe Shoreditch types consider themselves the toast of the town if they play some obscure French hiphop at their wanky parties 

1 hour ago, Thombleached said:

I'm lead to believe Shoreditch types consider themselves the toast of the town if they play some obscure French hiphop at their wanky parties 

It used to be Brazilian Drum'n'bass in my day if you really wanted to pose to your Nathan Barleyesque mates. 

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Go on, can anyone sing a halliday song?

I can do plastique bertrands and serges under age jail breathing.

Even under the sea.

Considering I'd never heard of him while he was alive, that's a no from me. I thought maybe I could for a minute when I read his discography but his 'Hallelujah' isn't the same song as the one by Leonard Cohen.  

59 minutes ago, This Time said:

Considering I'd never heard of him while he was alive, that's a no from me. I thought maybe I could for a minute when I read his discography but his 'Hallelujah' isn't the same song as the one by Leonard Cohen.  

Oh I think you could sing some of his songs, given they were often just tranductions from anglo-saxon hits. Try these

Interesting that Jonny (who spent some of his childhood years with the "Hallyday" family in London, his "adoptive" dad was American) favoured English musical collaboraters such as guitarists Peter Frampton (Humble Pie) who played lead on perhaps his most iconic hit : On a tous quelque chose de Tennessee and Robin Le Mesurier (the "French" Keith Richards) who worked with Jonny for 30 years. Now there is a surname you might recognize.

Edited by davidg

2 minutes ago, davidg said:

Interesting that Jonny (who spent some of his childhood years with the "Hallyday" family in London, his "adoptive" dad was American) favoured English musical collaboraters such as guitarists Peter Frampton (Humble Pie) who played lead on perhaps his biggest his : On a tous quelque chose de Tennessee and Robin Le Mesurier who worked with Jonny for 30 years. Now there is a surname you might recognize.

You stupid boy.