• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

human rights list

3 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

Do these rights apply to indigenous Welsh?

Intriguingly, there is no right to have everything in a language of your choice, be it a minority indigenous language or something you've imported.  

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

What does right 29 mean?

Having read article 29, I am none the wiser

Article 29: Community Duties Essential to Free and Full Development

(1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

Intriguingly, there is no right to have everything in a language of your choice, be it a minority indigenous language or something you've imported.  

Your right there, was in hospital in Birmingham, leaflets in every language in the world it seemed, but no Welsh.

2 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

Thought not, I will be forced to pay for it though :PissedOff:

As will all the indigenous English, Scots and northern Irish. 

Just now, Lone Lurker said:

Your right there, was in hospital in Birmingham, leaflets in every language in the world it seemed, but no Welsh.

Discriminatory.  I hope you complained. Loudly. 

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Having read article 29, I am none the wiser

Article 29: Community Duties Essential to Free and Full Development

(1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

It sounds like I have the right to be forced by the community to do stuff that I don't want to do, because they say it is for the development of my personality, so long as it is to do with giving other freedom and stuff, but only if it is morally great and for someone's welfare, but only if it is in a democracy*.  And I can't complain about having to do it to the UN.

[* I presume that if I live in a dictatorship I don't have to do it.   However, the dictator will just make me do something else, so I don't actually get more free time.]

1 minute ago, One percent said:

No of course not.

I am well integrated, doing my best to write correct English and be a good Anglo-Saxon :)

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

And in Welsh.

1 minute ago, Lone Lurker said:

No of course not.

I am well integrated, doing my best to write correct English and be a good Anglo-Saxon :)

Behave. As said upthread (or somewhere else), fight fire with fire. Goose, gander and sauce and all that. :)

1 minute ago, dgul said:

And in Welsh.

xD 👍 Reps out of.