• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

New York explosion

8 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

It wasn't breaking news on the So-Called BBC lunch time news. I had to switch over to Sky to see what was going on.

My OP was just after hearing it on BBC local radio; I don't think they're subject to the same level of spin and control as the central propaganda department.

Per RT several injured, suspect arrested.

Could have been a lot worse.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

My OP was just after hearing it on BBC local radio; I don't think they're subject to the same level of spin and control as the central propaganda department.

Per RT several injured, suspect arrested.

Could have been a lot worse.

Mentally ill lone wolf or will Trump push to call it out for what (it most likely) is?

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Mentally ill lone wolf or will Trump push to call it out for what (it most likely) is?

Well it could be to be fair, the US has had its fair share of homegrown non-islamic terrorists.

But if he's (and it usually is a he) is called abdul or mohammed then I think we can rely upon Donald to call a spade a spade.

39 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well it could be to be fair, the US has had its fair share of homegrown non-islamic terrorists.

But if he's (and it usually is a he) is called abdul or mohammed then I think we can rely upon Donald to call a spade a spade.

"An ISIS-inspired Bangladeshi national" according to this

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/possible-explosion-at-new-york-citys-port-authority-bus-terminal-2017-12-11

The bomber had the pipe bomb strapped to his body according to reports

The man partially detonated the device, which he was carrying in the right side of his jacket, prematurely inside the passageway to the A, C, and E trains at 8th Avenue and W. 42ndStreet at around 7:40 a.m., sources said.

The man was seriously injured

Edited by WorkingPoor

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

So did it go off whilst strapped to him, looks a bit scorched and shredded at the front? If so it was a firework or botched attempt fortunately.

Needs a proper controlled explosion somewhere away from crowds.

Just don't let him take it off first.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

So did it go off whilst strapped to him, looks a bit scorched and shredded at the front? If so it was a firework or botched attempt fortunately.

The link above says he made the pipe bomb at a local electronics company where he worked

2 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

It is fortunate that many of these suicide attackers are as thick as pigshit. Imagine the carnage if they had a few grey cells to rub together.

fortunately the average IQ in Bangladesh is 82, I bet the suicide bombers are on the left end of the bell curve.

As usual initial reports cannot be trusted, 4 people injured

A question follows about the explosive device. An official named John Miller says that “without getting into too many specifics” the device was a type of pipe bomb, made in part with a combination of velcro and zip ties”.

A reporter asks whether the suspect detonated the device himself. O’Neill says police are looking into it. He refuses to say anything about the suspect’s background.

Source: Guardian

Edited by WorkingPoor

Miller is asked about threats to New York, and says that authorities have foiled many plots already.

But he warns, “this is a fact of life whether your’e in New York or London or Paris: the question is ‘can it happen here?’ and the answer is it can happen anywhere.

A reporter asks whether the suspect make any claims about the terror group Isis?

O’Neill: “He did make statements but we’re not going to talk about that right now.”

Just before concluding the press conference with a promise of a future update, the police commissioner says, “We’re investigating his background right now to see what addresses he had.”