• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
goldbug9999

Wrong on so many levels

6 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

https://www.metro.news/family-affair-dad-and-daughter-open-up-pole-dancing-studio/854680/

I'm sorry but pole dancing is women simulating sex in order to titillate men, its not a fucking sport or a form of exercise.

Yeah, the IOC said something along similar lines to me when I asked them to consider including a butt plug tug of war in the Olympics.

7 hours ago, SNACR said:

Yeah, the IOC said something along similar lines to me when I asked them to consider including a butt plug tug of war in the Olympics.

Events this year:

Underwater felching

100 orgasm dash

Triathalon (the fisting marathon, the golden shower and the bukaki grand finish)

14 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

https://www.metro.news/family-affair-dad-and-daughter-open-up-pole-dancing-studio/854680/

I'm sorry but pole dancing is women simulating sex in order to titillate men, its not a fucking sport or a form of exercise.

Sounds like they are actually turning it into some kind of gymnastics on a vertical pole, rather than actually pole dancing. It’s a good pitch to get boring middle class millennials to do something that they’re quite comfortable with, but can pretend it’s all risqué and interesting on social media. I know loads of people who have claimed to have gone to pole dancing lessons, all of them simply desperate to appear less banal but too timid to really engage in any genuinely risky behaviours. Tedious on so many levels.

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Sounds like they are actually turning it into some kind of gymnastics on a vertical pole, rather than actually pole dancing. It’s a good pitch to get boring middle class millennials to do something that they’re quite comfortable with, but can pretend it’s all risqué and interesting on social media. I know loads of people who have claimed to have gone to pole dancing lessons, all of them simply desperate to appear less banal but too timid to really engage in any genuinely risky behaviours. Tedious on so many levels.

Probably true. I also think there's a desire amongst feminists to de-sexualise or tame things like pole-dancing, because it is seen as a form of male domination and female  objectification (which of course is nonsense; it is the men who are being exploited in pole-dancing clubs). We see t his also with 'burlesque' and attempts to de-sexualise and feminise the art of striptease. 

13 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I went to use the loo at some trendy offices in one of those converted red brick warehouse type places you get all over London and to get to the loo you had to go up to the next floor that was occupied by a pole dancing dance studio. The doors were open when I walked past and judging by the selection of thighs gripping the poles I'd say you'd need to ensure you installed the poles with some, er, pretty heavy duty fixings. 

Edit: I think Capoeira - which seemed to me like a dull interpretive dance version of a fight in The Matrix - was the latest trendy dance thing amongst young women in London may have moved on to something else though. 

Edited by SNACR

I think there are competitions now, with prize money, for this much like there is a dance circuit for professional and semi-professional ballroom dancers. Probably best to just google 'men making dicks of themselves striptease' to find out.

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

In another 20 years time they’ll be coming after you with historic sexual abuse charges. Staring at BBWs on a pole and then immediately shuffling off to the bogs.

Nah, 20 years from now women will have no rights in the UK. O.o

30 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I know loads of people who have claimed to have gone to pole dancing lessons, all of them simply desperate to appear less banal but too timid to really engage in any genuinely risky behaviours.

A woman I know turned up in thong and nipple tassles and was quite shocked to find all the other attendees fully dressed. 

8 hours ago, SNACR said:

All that time spent working out wasted.

42 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I know loads of people who have claimed to have gone to pole dancing lessons, all of them simply desperate to appear less banal but too timid to really engage in any genuinely risky behaviours. Tedious on so many levels.

Yep, but who will get very shocked and vocal by a bit of nudity in 'Game of Thrones'.

13 minutes ago, eight said:

A woman I know turned up in thong and nipple tassles and was quite shocked to find all the other attendees fully dressed. 

Hope she had a good rant at them for destroying the idea that is stripteasing / burlesque.