• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Fake news - Googles top searches

"Meghan Markle also featured on the top trending "people" queries, followed by Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, who died in February. Donald Trump made it to only number six on the list. "

Oh, BBC...

4 minutes ago, Bingobob said:

"People aren't only using Google Search to find information about the topics that matter to them. They're increasingly searching for ways to take action and find out how to do things - including how to donate or volunteer in moments of crisis," said Hannah Glenny, a Google Search trends expert.

What a crock of shit.

xD

I had to suppress a chuckle there.

I was with her up to "How to do things" as I looked at a Youtube video to find out how to change the battery in my key fob and thought she was talking about similar before she took a sharp left down Virtue Signalling Alley.

8 minutes ago, Bingobob said:

"People aren't only using Google Search to find information about the topics that matter to them. They're increasingly searching for ways to take action and find out how to do things - including how to donate or volunteer in moments of crisis," said Hannah Glenny, a Google Search trends expert.

What a crock of shit.

The much documented results for searching on Google for 'happy American couple' (with other variants) tells you all you need to know about Google's idea of 'taking action'. 

2 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The much documented results for searching on Google for 'happy American couple' (with other variants) tells you all you need to know about Google's idea of 'taking action'. 

Bizarrely Duckduckgo, to which I have switched to avoid Google, is the same.  More so if anything.  Mostly black couples, much smaller number of black man / white woman and a sprinkling of white couples.  Similar result for "unhappy American couple".

What is going on?

15 minutes ago, Bingobob said:

What a crock of shit.

Nah.

Must googling is <x> nude.topless, sex tape, howto remove hamster from arse.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Bizarrely Duckduckgo, to which I have switched to avoid Google, is the same.  More so if anything.  Mostly black couples, much smaller number of black man / white woman and a sprinkling of white couples.  Similar result for "unhappy American couple".

What is going on?

Google 'Happy British Couple' and the first image to appear is of two young gentlemen, although they are white. The second image is a heterosexual mixed race couple. 

I think all that's going on is that SJW/leftist-progressives simply control the majority of the internet!

18 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Google 'Happy British Couple' and the first image to appear is of two young gentlemen, although they are white. The second image is a heterosexual mixed race couple. 

I think all that's going on is that SJW/leftist-progressives simply control the majority of the internet!

why am i not surprised

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

xD

I had to suppress a chuckle there.

I was with her up to "How to do things" as I looked at a Youtube video to find out how to change the battery in my key fob and thought she was talking about similar before she took a sharp left down Virtue Signalling Alley.

"How to work out what is fake news". 

4 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

This was discussed before. No conspiracy theory here from Google's point of view as they only use the image filename and ALT text for their image queries. Search for beautiful woman for the other side of the coin. 

14 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

This was discussed before. No conspiracy theory here from Google's point of view as they only use the image filename and ALT text for their image queries. Search for beautiful woman for the other side of the coin. 

they did for a while have a 'game' .. you view an image at the same time as someone else and input descriptors. the person with most unique won I think. 

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

they did for a while have a 'game' .. you view an image at the same time as someone else and input descriptors. the person with most unique won I think. 

It's really easy to game Google Images results and a common 'SEO' competition to see who can do it the best (just for fun/bragging rights). For example if you type in 'best looking guy in san diego' that was a recent competition.

21 hours ago, Bingobob said:

What a crock of shit.

That would go down well with the corporates who still make money in a crisis.  Give them money or work for free.

Edited by twocents

22 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

What is going on?

"Ballsed up" algorithm

As mentioned the imaged will be using the alt text of the image, if I showed you a picture of two people smiling and asked you to come up with a description, their race or nationality wouldn't be a factor if they represented societies norm. However if I did want to represent something outside the normal and describe it as such, then you are more likely to be more verbose. 

So take this example, 10 pictures of white couples with a description (ALT text) of "Happy Couple" and 5 pictures of "Happy African American Couple". When searching for "Happy American Couple" google does it's best to meet the full criteria, from a search perspective it's literally just 1's and 0's, the context and connotation of those words are completely irrelevant. It's putting more emphasis on "American" than it seemingly needs to.

"Happy American Couple", matches "Happy African American Couple" at a far higher rate than just "Happy Couple"*. Remove the American and it's all white. 

If there is any agenda (in that specific example) it's on the searcher, rather than the result.

------

Not saying the world is not massively manipulated, just this example is easily explained. 

Edited by gilf

Can someone tell me what pops up on their screen if they type "#brexit" into Google? 

My top result is obviously twitter results but I can't fathom why the 3 tweets that its picked have been picked. One is from 4hrs ago, one 2 days ago and one 1min ago. If you click on the twitter link, none of them are at the top of the page, either for top tweets or latest tweets. 

One is by Bonnie Greer, one by Viviane RedingEU and one by the Business Times. 

6 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Can someone tell me what pops up on their screen if they type "#brexit" into Google? 

My top result is obviously twitter results but I can't fathom why the 3 tweets that its picked have been picked. One is from 4hrs ago, one 2 days ago and one 1min ago. If you click on the twitter link, none of them are at the top of the page, either for top tweets or latest tweets. 

One is by Bonnie Greer, one by Viviane RedingEU and one by the Business Times. 

Mine are different and include one by Pat Condell.

You want to generate fake news you need this software from nvidia.

The video says it is for Self Driving Cars so they can learn to drive in Rain, Snow and at Night in sunny california but it can also generate fake people and what is called realtime dimished reality.

Now I can think of many things this could be used for, especially the media, state controlled or otherwise.