• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

Hormone replacement therapy for the stars.

There have been several references in different posts to famous and/or rich people prolonging their youthful appearance and energy levels with the aid of hormone replacement therapy.

I thought this was something for ladies after the menopause where the idea was to manage a slow decline in the hormones produced by the ovaries instead of the brutal "off a cliff" reality of nature, and that also it has been rowed back quite a bit because it promoted cancer in some.

For men, I thought testosterone therapy for anyone who hasn't got very low levels was considered downright dangerous. A mate was told by a doc he risked reducing his own body's capacity to make testosterone if he were to take it, so he might get big muscles but with balls like peas!

Google seems initially to confirm what I thought.

So - what if any kind of HRT are stars and the likes of Trump having? 

Botox is pretty common I think. In moderation it doesn't look too bad, the problems start when people overdo it and get that puffy look. 

I don't know that Mr Trump has all that much done, apart from his obvious orange makeup. He has never smoked or drunk alcohol and I think is generally just a fit and healthy person. That said he has clearly aged in the last couple of years and whether he'll be able to go on for a second term is anyone's guess. 

20 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

I thought the elites drank the blood of trafficked children at parties held in pizza restaurants 

oh come on be fair,they were treated to a party first at elm house.i better get my coat.

but lets be realistic i bet loads do drugs to keep their weight down,and look at the top male stars from the 80s and early 90s,stalone got bigger the older he got.thats not down to chicken and tuna and 45mins down the gym.

One thing to differentiate between is the testosterone levels that bodybuilders raise themselves to, which are many times over the natural limit to get them as freakishly big as possible and often kills them young, what some of male Hollywood is doing, and what a sensible approach to TRT for me could be.

So you could for example have a 50 year old who is bringing his Testosterone levels back to what they would have been when he was 21, and he'll look and feel better than most 50 year olds (also bearing in mind his diet and exercise will probably be on point too). The'll have an endocronologist on hand to monitor hormone levels and make sure nothing's getting out of whack, so it'll be less risky than some kid injecting himself in a gym locker room using black-market steroids.

Often actos will do a steroid 'cycle' to get a look for a movie, the hope is that if they just do a shorter cycle, their balls won't turn off completely and will resume producing tesoserone when they come off the juice.

Stallone and Arnold of course were off their tits on 'roids throughout their careers. I'd guess both of them are on HRT and will be to the day they die.

The biggest con out there is the fact that most of the big names in the 'fitness industry' and hollywood that are trying to sell gulliable young kids protein powders and preworkouts and various useless supplements, are all on Steroids. But most of them don't like to admit it.

I wouldn't rule it out myself in 20 years time if my levels plummet and nothing else is working. If you have the money and do it sparingly - i.e. find the minimal effective dose, I think it could be worth it. Stallone is 71 and is in far better shape than most men his age despite (or because of) decades of juicing.

Check out this old feller:

Edited by JoeDavola

Not sure if it's still the case but a couple of years ago HGH (human growth hormone) was a favourite among men of a certain age looking for the more youthful body.

I remember watching an Elliott Hulse video on it at the time, where he points out how he was seeing all these balding wrinkly dudes with bodies like 20 year old bodybuilders. Instead I came across a video of Rich Piana discussing the side effects that he experienced from taking it. Which is ironic, 'cos he dropped dead a few months ago.

Loads of Hollywood males are on testosterone and other PEDs. They lose fat and gain muscle impossibly quickly when a deadline to start shooting comes along. 

Both male and female stars are taking human growth hormone for its supposed ability to make people look younger. I wouldn't mind some myself, it's bloody expensive though. 

16 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

A 26 year old bodybuilder died recently - his autopsy report is well worth a watch to see how badly taking too many steroids can fuck up a young man:

The guy died at 26 because he had a massively enlarged heart from all the drugs he was taking. The commentator blames coffee and red meat. Funny stuff. 

27 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

One thing to differentiate between is the testosterone levels that bodybuilders raise themselves to, which are many times over the natural limit to get them as freakishly big as possible and often kills them young, what some of male Hollywood is doing, and what a sensible approach to TRT for me could be.

So you could for example have a 50 year old who is bringing his Testosterone levels back to what they would have been when he was 21, and he'll look and feel better than most 50 year olds (also bearing in mind his diet and exercise will probably be on point too). The'll have an endocronologist on hand to monitor hormone levels and make sure nothing's getting out of whack, so it'll be less risky than some kid injecting himself in a gym locker room using black-market steroids.

Often actos will do a steroid 'cycle' to get a look for a movie, the hope is that if they just do a shorter cycle, their balls won't turn off completely and will resume producing tesoserone when they come off the juice.

Stallone and Arnold of course were off their tits on 'roids throughout their careers. I'd guess both of them are on HRT and will be to the day they die.

The biggest con out there is the fact that most of the big names in the 'fitness industry' and hollywood that are trying to sell gulliable young kids protein powders and preworkouts and various useless supplements, are all on Steroids. But most of them don't like to admit it.

I wouldn't rule it out myself in 20 years time if my levels plummet and nothing else is working. If you have the money and do it sparingly - i.e. find the minimal effective dose, I think it could be worth it. Stallone is 71 and is in far better shape than most men his age despite (or because of) decades of juicing.

Check out this old feller:

Hmm.

If you have 15000 dollars a year free to spend on all that (that was the figure quoted and the video is about 5 years old as Dr Jeffry Life was born in 1938) then you probably could have retired at 50 and lived on a surf beach and maintained your health in a far more natural way.

HGH - Human Growth Hormone is all the rage in Hollywood.

It doesn't just turn average blokes into superheroes but it maintains muscle mass in both genders as we age so people maintain tone across their bodies. This is a huge problem for all humans from our mid-50's onwards. It also makes people full of energy and feel 10 years younger.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/03/human-grown-hormone-hollywood-201203

24 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

What's wrong with natural methods? Even just better sleep boosts HGH and T production. Add in some resistance work and a good diet and you're gold.

I maintain that the greater part of what we call aging - under 65, at least - is lifestyle. 

Nothing, in your opinion and mine, but that's just our opinion, based on what we want to achieve.

As far as steroids go, I'm actually quite ambivalent about most* people's choice to use them, because I'm not them, so I don't know what their motivation is. Some guys might be trying to hit the big time in a sport where their selection chances are effectively over past the age of 25, so they have a very small window in which to get noticed. Others might make their living from their bodies, e.g. fitness models or actors or whatever. And some guys just want to be freakishly big - personally I find that very sad, but no more so than people who spend fortunes on designer labels or pimping out their cars or whatever - it's all just image projection at the end of the day.

* I say most because there are some people who jump into steroid use without any real research, and think it's the "easy" way to get the body they want. I struggle to remain ambivalent to that.

Bodybuilding's a fascinating sport in a rather sad way, to see the levels of body dysmorphia that go on. People who are never big enough, and then the young amateurs who try to follow them either without drugs or with the wrong use of drugs and just end up as prematurely aged big bloated messes.

Most pro bodybuilders either die young or have chronic health problems from a relatively young age:

https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/big-dead-bodybuilders

14 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Bodybuilding's a fascinating sport in a rather sad way, to see the levels of body dysmorphia that go on. People who are never big enough, and then the young amateurs who try to follow them either without drugs or with the wrong use of drugs and just end up as prematurely aged big bloated messes.

Most pro bodybuilders either die young or have chronic health problems from a relatively young age:

https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/big-dead-bodybuilders

I think its unfair to tar bodybuilding as a whole with that brush. Walk into your average gym and you probably won't see any size freaks at all. Go into a full on muscle gym and you'll see maybe 5-10% of the regular members that are freakishly big. The rest are just guys and girls (yes, girls love muscle gyms because all the blokes in there are more interested in working out than staring at their arses) working out and keeping themselves in good shape. Nothing sad about that, IMO.

14 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I think its unfair to tar bodybuilding as a whole with that brush. Walk into your average gym and you probably won't see any size freaks at all. Go into a full on muscle gym and you'll see maybe 5-10% of the regular members that are freakishly big. The rest are just guys and girls (yes, girls love muscle gyms because all the blokes in there are more interested in working out than staring at their arses) working out and keeping themselves in good shape. Nothing sad about that, IMO.

Fair point - when I said bodybuilders I was referring to a certain demographic of pro's. 

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Fair point - when I said bodybuilders I was referring to a certain demographic of pro's. 

I think you're quite correct about the pros - but it's not a certain demographic, it's all of them, because you're never going to get anywhere in pro competition if you're not juicing, and looking - frankly - hideous.

It's something I struggle with a lot. I love the sport, and I think the physical, mental and emotional benefits are absolutely massive to people who approach it naturally and with level-headed expectations. But at the cutting edge, you've got all these guys who (to me and others) are physically repulsive, mentally questionable, and emotionally extremely questionable. In spite of the 'roid use, I have to admire them for their sheer guts, determination and consistency, but I do not think of them as ambassadors for the sport, and neither do I think the sport should be proud for holding them up as role models.

They are what they are - absolutely exceptional, but not necessarily in a good way.

5 hours ago, Rave said:

At the age of 38 I feel like I could use some HGH; I slightly hurt both my shoulders by overreaching on the bench press a few years ago, and they've been giving me gyp recently. As I understand it HGH isn't much of a performance enhancing drug for people who are already healthy, it just helps you recover from injury faster, hence its supposed 'abuse' by athletes who are prone to injuries due to the nature of their sport, like American footballers, and ageing baseball sluggers...

I have no problem at all with people using drugs to fight ageing, as long as everyone involved is honest about it. Nobody sensible would have a problem with a 50 year old company CEO paying for life coaching, stress management advice or similar services from a psychologist or therapist, and so I don't see why a 50 year old film star should be upbraided for investing in maintaining their looks and/or physique. It's a sound commercial decision for them. I'm never going to make money from the way I look, but if as I age I choose to spend some of my spare cash on defying the ageing process rather than, say, buying a sports car or joining a golf club, then that should be up to me.

Agreed. Would be nice if everyone was honest and figures were being kept so that the dangers and benefits of HGH at various levels could be properly assessed.