• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Plan

Adverts that wouldn't be allowed now

It is interesting how, in less than a decade, Lync adverts have gone from loads of sexy women supposedly being enthralled by a single man who is wearing the deodorant to basically women making jokes at the expense of a gormless bloke. I wonder if the sales of Lynx have suffered as a result?

It is even hard to find some of the original Lynx adverts - such as the caveman / cavewomen one - online.

There are so many

Image result for un pc adverts

Image result for un pc adverts

Related image

Eventually all the blame for all the products and practices once advertised, encouraged and sold by the corporates gets shouldered by the consumers of those products.

Edited by twocents

Thanks for posting the Silk Cut advert - I've never seen that before - hilarious! 

I do recall when the 'Fried on dem rings' advert came out. I remember discussing it with boys in my class and the consensus seemed to be surprise that it was allowed -  even back then the forces of PC were gathering.

21 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Thanks for posting the Silk Cut advert - I've never seen that before - hilarious! 

I do recall when the 'Fried on dem rings' advert came out. I remember discussing it with boys in my class and the consensus seemed to be surprise that it was allowed -  even back then the forces of PC were gathering.

I don't see the problem with the 'fried ontion rings" granted it's a strong Jamaican accent (which you'd occasionally hear; in early 80's london at the very least),  but it's authentic enough as opposed to jim Davidson doing his Chalkie skit

1 hour ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

I don't see the problem with the 'fried ontion rings" granted it's a strong Jamaican accent (which you'd occasionally hear; in early 80's london at the very least),  but it's authentic enough as opposed to jim Davidson doing his Chalkie skit

Chalky White was meant to be West Indian.

Here... An African with a Jamaican accent and blue eyes... Hmmmmmmm. But him smoke da Silk Cut so dat OK!

Still funny though... Good find KOJ.

2 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Chalky White was meant to be West Indian.

Here... An African with a Jamaican accent and blue eyes... Hmmmmmmm. But him smoke da Silk Cut so dat OK!

Still funny though... Good find KOJ.

Eh? - the chakie comment was for the birdseye steak advert - I think you're muddling up the adverts

The chief in the silk cut is none other than John Bird

1 minute ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

Eh? - the chakie comment was for the birdseye steak advert - I think you're muddling up the adverts

The chief in the silk cut is none other than John Bird

Sorry - yeah my confusion.

I thought he looked familiar. I absolutely love John Bird and John Fortune (RIP). He did a similar accent here.