• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Guest

MGTOW

Recommended Posts

Guest

I am a subscriber to the MGTOW movement. There are so many beautiful looking women out there - absolutely gorgeous. But I really can't be bothered any more. I'm crap in bed anyway - it always felt like I was in an Olympic sport.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

I'm crap in bed anyway - it always felt like I was in an Olympic sport.

I think sex with someone you're really into is great, otherwise it's horrible. Problem is that most of us, in reality, don't ever get to have sex with someone we're really into, it's always a compromise. And then porn sets ridiculous expectations if you're not very careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
27 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

I am a subscriber to the MGTOW movement. There are so many beautiful looking women out there - absolutely gorgeous. But I really can't be bothered any more. I'm crap in bed anyway - it always felt like I was in an Olympic sport.

 

Another gud'un

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm into MGTOW....discovered it about 2 years ago. 

Relationships seem to be a constant battle ground.  can't be bothered any more.

And my bank balance is much healthier for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just beat me to starting this thread TK!

I'll be single again in a couple of months after 19+ years with one woman and won't be jumping back into that trap in a hurry - not because I'm past it physically - to quote a Mr. J. Savile, "I just don't need the brain damage".

At this stage in my life, the ending of the Shawshank Redemption, Casablanca or "The history of Mr. Polly" feels a lot more attractive than any love story (and for the same reasons).

I'm not bitter, far from it - excited and optimistic about a new life, if anything - just with a strong sense of my own mortality and unwilling to waste any of what's left bargaining my time and resources for cunt.

 

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with saying that you are a subscriber to the MGTOW agenda is that so much of it is rife with bitterness.

Though you do hear the odd thing that rings a massive bell. The concept of "cool girlfriend"* was a new one on me though when I heard it, wow, yes, so had that done to me.

 

* Pretending to be really nice and fun until you get some kind of commitment (moving in, getting married) and then stopping the pretence.**

 

** This is very different to the usual making more of an effort in the early days, which of course everyone does. It's like one day finfing yourself waking up with her evil twin that you didn't know existed: "Who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im giving up on women ...

Im following Jimmy saviles philosophy ....

Look, you dont have to shack up with women to have sex with them.

Or sign your life savings away to them.

Just talk to them and find some sort of compromise.

Id guess most of your problems is rushing into thigns with the first mad fat girl who drops her pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Im giving up on women ...

Im following Jimmy saviles philosophy ....

Look, you dont have to shack up with women to have sex with them.

Or sign your life savings away to them.

Just talk to them and find some sort of compromise.

Id guess most of your problems is rushing into thigns with the first mad fat girl who drops her pants.

Good luck with all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't mind saying that I'd love to meet a nice, kind, fun woman to share my life with. Someone with a good sense of humor, a fairly active libido, who is interested in staying healthy and not getting bogged down with keeping up with the Jones'. Someone who I don't have to 'game' and who won't lose attraction for me if I do nice things for them.

But most of all, someone who's 'on my team', someone who I don't feel that I'm constantly having to 'prove' my worth to, or even worse, having to walk on eggshells around.

I would love to wake up every morning beside someone like that. It would be nice to come home in the evenings to someone like that.

I think all the men who are 'going MGTOW' would like to meet a woman like the above, but find it impossible, for whatever reason.

Edited by JoeDavola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Im giving up on women ...

Im following Jimmy saviles philosophy ....

Look, you dont have to shack up with women to have sex with them.

Or sign your life savings away to them.

Just talk to them and find some sort of compromise.

Id guess most of your problems is rushing into thigns with the first mad fat girl who drops her pants.

Savile's philosophy on women was pretty golden really just a shame it was all a misdirection from him being a massive corpse bothering nonce which has sort of ruined it for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Well I don't mind saying that I'd love to meet a nice, kind, fun woman to share my life with. Someone with a good sense of humor, a fairly active libido, who is interested in staying healthy and not getting bogged down with keeping up with the Jones'. Someone who I don't have to 'game' and who won't lose attraction for me if I do nice things for them.

But most of all, someone who's 'on my team', someone who accepts me for who I am and who I don't feel that I'm constantly having to 'prove' my worth to, or even worse, having to walk on eggshells around.

I would love to wake up every morning beside someone like that. It would be nice to come home in the evenings to someone like that.

I think all the men who are 'going MGTOW' would like to meet a woman like the above, but find it impossible, because such women tend to be quite rare. And we've not even touched on divorce laws...

There is a great old Ginger Rogers flick called Tom, Dick and Harry where she plays a single woman torn between 3 very different men. A very memorable scene is where Broderick Crawford (the friend-zoned slacker/ intellectual guy) lays the facts of life on her as to her chances of meeting and marrying a millionaire. MGTOW is like the equivalent for guys concerning their chances of a happy ever after with a unicorn. It could happen. It's just not worth investing to much hope on it.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SNACR said:

Savile's philosophy on women was pretty golden really just a shame it was all a misdirection from him being a massive corpse bothering nonce which has sort of ruined it for everyone.

And the kids.

And the people in hospital.

I think you're on a loser putting that cunt on a pedestal....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

And the kids.

And the people in hospital.

I think you're on a loser putting that cunt on a pedestal....

 

His schtick was he used to nail women in a caravan I thought he always implied he was banging women just not living with them as equalled brain damage. That is the problem with not being married, I think there's a general perception you're a weird uncle/creepy Jimmy Savile type - probably be more socially acceptable, where women's attitudes are concerened, to pretend to be gay.

Edited by SNACR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The problem with saying that you are a subscriber to the MGTOW agenda is that so much of it is rife with bitterness.

Though you do hear the odd thing that rings a massive bell. The concept of "cool girlfriend"* was a new one on me though when I heard it, wow, yes, so had that done to me.

 

* Pretending to be really nice and fun until you get some kind of commitment (moving in, getting married) and then stopping the pretence.**

 

** This is very different to the usual making more of an effort in the early days, which of course everyone does. It's like one day finfing yourself waking up with her evil twin that you didn't know existed: "Who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend?".

I view the MGTOW thing as pretty toxic and unhealthy. I think it has some genuinely fair commentary but goes way OTT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SNACR said:

His schtick was he used to nail women in a caravan I thought he always implied he was banging women just not living with them as equalled brain damage. That is the problem with not being married, I think there's a general perception you're a weird uncle/creepy Jimmy Savile type - probably be more socially acceptable, where women's attitudes are concerened, to pretend to be gay.

Absolutely right. Savile is 'evil MGTOW' to Cliff's good 'bachelor boy' MGTOW. 

3 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I view the MGTOW thing as pretty toxic and unhealthy. I think it has some genuinely fair commentary but goes way OTT.

It's a broad church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

There is a great old Ginger Rogers flick called Tom, Dick and Harry where she plays a single woman torn between 3 very different men. A very memorable scene is where Broderick Crawford (the friend-zoned slacker/ intellectual guy) lays the facts of life on her as to her chances of meeting and marrying a millionaire. MGTOW is like the equivalent for guys concerning their chances of a happy ever after with a unicorn. It could happen. It's just not worth investing to much hope on it.

See also Kingsley Amis's "Take A Girl Like You".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
9 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I view the MGTOW thing as pretty toxic and unhealthy. I think it has some genuinely fair commentary but goes way OTT.

You may find it toxic and unhealthy, but it really is quite liberating.

Edited by Tabasco Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think perhaps where MGTOW can help is to alleviate some of the guilt or inadequacy that some men might feel when they haven't 'manned up' and committed to someone, because they haven't yet met anyone who they can honestly say was good for them - i.e. that it's ok to stay single if you'll be happier that way. You don't owe anyone anything. There is a silent epidemic of men trapped in stale and abusive marriages which pretty much gets no mention in the outside world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep coming back to the YT blogger AlexOnLife. His videos are nearly always 1hr+ which probably explains his low view counts and he can be spikey in the comments but nobody presents the facts of relationships in an increasingly gynocentric world as well as he does (not since Ether Vilar in the 70s anyway).

If you haven't the stamina, his central point is that men are hooked on female validation (even more than sex) and to get that they accede to being run by a woman. Women control all relationships and never emotionally commit they way that men do so are liable to walk at any time.

Interestingly, despite the stark picture he paints, he hasn't given up on women and neither have I - just long-term relationships.

Note: there's a bit of a preamble before he gets to the meat of this:

 

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Men going their own way. By subscribing to a movement full of other men all going the same way. Yep, figures.

It's GTOW as in "not Society's way" or "according to the Female Imperative". Interesting amount of shaming going on in this thread already from other men, which indicates that something primal is being questioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

It's GTOW as in "not Society's way" or "according to the Female Imperative". Interesting amount of shaming going on in this thread already from other men, which indicates that something primal is being questioned.

You could equally make the same point about defensiveness, to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.