• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
NewryH

Another advert thread

Whilst browsing the 'wouldn't be allowed now' advert thread, up pops Anna Ryder Richardson advertising garage doors. Quite frankly pretty uninspiring and not making me rush out to get a garage built so I can get some doors added. So I was wondering, how much would she be paid to do that? Obviously she's been on telly so is therefore a millionaire and can't need the £XXX fee. Is it really cost effective for the company to have such a 'star' bang on about their product? George clooney and coffee I can understand.

5 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Is it really cost effective for the company to have such a 'star' bang on about their product ?

Maybe there is a relationship between the garage door company and AR-R ?

Suppose older people will remember her from her "property" shows maybe - but younger viewers will think it's just a cheap advert like something an Apprentice team would make.

In this particular example the creatives have probably picked somebody too old, or more accurately she was high profile too long ago. The viewers that know her have probably reached a stage in their life where they don't care about garage doors.

Sometimes it works fine - Michael Parkinson is no longer prime time TV but viewers know him well from before - and even in their '80s and '90s will still fancy Yorkshire Tea.

How much? 

Without being rude to Ms Ryder Richardson she's probably low second or third tier celebrity but with a positive, non-controversial image.

On that basis and if it's a one-off, no promises of a further campaign, no "appearances" or other PR and whole thing completed in one or at most two days then probably in the £6-10k range. 

She was known as Anna 'Ride Her' Richardson a few years ago. I'm not sure she's really all that well known now so I agree with Duck something around £6-£10k. 

About fifteen years ago I did some work booking celebs on the after dinner circuit and it's surprising how much they got. I seem to recall John Craven was getting something like £5k even back then. 

As an aside, lovers of the female form may recall that naughties glamour sensation Melinda Messenger, 'the Page Three Girl for the Thrillenium' began her career advertising double glazing. 

53 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Obviously she's been on telly so is therefore a millionaire and can't need the £XXX fee. Is it really cost effective for the company to have such a 'star' bang on about their product?

If I remember rightly she dropped out of the TV world about 10 years ago after she bought a dilapidated zoo in Wales somewhere near Tenby. At the time I think it nearly bankrupted her, havent heard anything since about her until now.

15 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

If I remember rightly she dropped out of the TV world about 10 years ago after she bought a dilapidated zoo in Wales somewhere near Tenby. At the time I think it nearly bankrupted her, havent heard anything since about her until now.

You are right, although she and her husband were fined £78,000 for H&S breaches at the zoo. No wonder she's doing adverts!

17 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

You are right, although she and her husband were fined £78,000 for H&S breaches at the zoo. No wonder she's doing adverts!

I remember that because I remember thinking at the time about the huge responsibility to the public you would have in that environment. 

So around 6-9k. Not bad (well,for me if they want a fat git doing it). But if she's a bit skint, then she'll need to do some block paving ads as well. 

Thread wasn't specifically about her. More her level of celeb status.

I do wonder if some of them just want to be on TV. Plus an advert shows they're still available for panto.

Rik mayall as Richie rich was on to his agent about getting an ad or appear at a celeb funeral 'looking sad and available for work'.