• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
SpectrumFX

Asylum seeker who came to UK ‘fearing for his life’ scammed £40,000 benefits after going home ‘because he missed sunshine’

It's a good job that it was only this guy doing this. Imagine if this sort of thing was widespread, we'd be bankrupt.

Oh.....

xD

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5150878/somalian-refugee-british-taxpayers-40000-benefits-uk-weather/

A SOMALI refugee scammed nearly £39,000 in benefits after secretly returning home because he missed the sunshine.

Mohamed Qoomaal, 72, claimed asylum here 15 years ago claiming he feared for his life in his native country.

But in 2013 he sneaked back to Somalia and had his pension credit payments wired to him there.

He also let a friend live rent-free in his council-funded flat in Harrow, North West London.

3 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

It's a good job that it was only this guy doing this. Imagine if this sort of thing was widespread, we'd be bankrupt.

Oh.....

xD

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5150878/somalian-refugee-british-taxpayers-40000-benefits-uk-weather/

A SOMALI refugee scammed nearly £39,000 in benefits after secretly returning home because he missed the sunshine.

Mohamed Qoomaal, 72, claimed asylum here 15 years ago claiming he feared for his life in his native country.

But in 2013 he sneaked back to Somalia and had his pension credit payments wired to him there.

He also let a friend live rent-free in his council-funded flat in Harrow, North West London.

He 'scammed nearly £39,000 in benefits'. 

Erm, no. He scammed countless thousands in benefits and will now cost thousands more in prison and court fees - what did he ever contribute to British society in return?

In years to come, assuming we have the ability to do so after our nation collapses, we will look back in utter bewilderment that things like this could happen. 

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Absolutely cracking comment from the judge:

"What ties does he have in this country apart from the benefits system?”

Take a bow Judge Jonathan Ferris .

He won't last long on the bench. Common Purpose will be having words with him over that little indiscretion!

3 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Stop reading this... You're supporting hate doing so.

If you're a P.O.C (piece of crap person of colour) then you can never do ANYTHING wrong. And if you did, it was because of white oppression.

Lot's of multicolour (brown) love

Owen Jones

Yes, we should  never forget that the real criminals are the tories and the bankers (especially the tory bankers) and the Brexiters and Treason May, forcing nurses and doctors in our NHS to scavenge in food banks because of tory greed and scapegoating millions of refugees by spreading lies and hate crime about how there isn't enough money to feed, clothe and house them all. 

Trust me.  Pension credit fraud is rife.  Every time an estate goes to Probate where the deceased has been in receipt of PC there is an investigation.  Often tens of thousands to repay.  We all think on this site it is the under 40s with 7 kids that take the piss out of the DWP.  Pension credit is a joke.  It freaks me out how much goes to Asia via this benefit.  Over 65s can claim this benefit living in a £1m plus home provided their income and savings are limited.  Gordon Brown introduced it in 2004.  It is a  scandal.

Oh, splendid. Yet another account of money being funneled out of the UK to some flyblown bunghole in order to finance yet another palatial mud hut.

I'd love to know exactly how much is in these rivers of cash that flow out of the UK to places like Pakistan or Somalia.

With somewhere like Mirpur, the UK taxpayer has unwittingly been paying into the Pakistani equivalent of the fucking Marshall plan.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

18 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Oh, splendid. Yet another account of money being funneled out of the UK to some flyblown bunghole in order to finance yet another palatial mud hut.

I'd love to know exactly how much is in these rivers of cash that flow out of the UK to places like Pakistan or Somalia.

With somewhere like Mirpur, the UK taxpayer has unwittingly been paying into the Pakistani equivalent of the fucking Marshall plan.

Or yemen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5007027/UK-pays-millions-pensioners-YEMEN-not-exist.html

Uk pensions should only be paid to uk residents. Its too risky otherwise.

We should never have got rid of the old benefits booklets. Exaggerated a problem that loan sharks would keep them to make sure they got paid - yes there was a problem but full photo ID and payment only to the holder or an official carer (again photo ID) would have solved it. I dislike the idea of compulsory IDs but if you want to claim taxpayers money, you need to be able to prove who you are.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Absolutely cracking comment from the judge:

"What ties does he have in this country apart from the benefits system?”

Take a bow Judge Jonathan Ferris .

Possibly a friend who, by living rent free in the Harrow flat, isn't receiving his own housing benefit (although he probably is, isn't he?)

2 hours ago, Ina said:

Trust me.  Pension credit fraud is rife.  Every time an estate goes to Probate where the deceased has been in receipt of PC there is an investigation.  Often tens of thousands to repay.  We all think on this site it is the under 40s with 7 kids that take the piss out of the DWP.  Pension credit is a joke.  It freaks me out how much goes to Asia via this benefit.  Over 65s can claim this benefit living in a £1m plus home provided their income and savings are limited.  Gordon Brown introduced it in 2004.  It is a  scandal.

Yes, its something I've got to deal with from my mothers estate. Mind you she wasn't living in a £1m plus home, somewhere far more modest. Still. Fortunately despite being a hoarder she didn't keep bank statements going back to 2003.

3 hours ago, Ina said:

PC should always have been a loan recoverable from the estate 

PC and tax credits should see Brown in a cell for the rest of his days imho

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Or yemen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5007027/UK-pays-millions-pensioners-YEMEN-not-exist.html

Uk pensions should only be paid to uk residents. Its too risky otherwise.

Uk State Pensions are an earned benefit. I think you are confusing this with pension credit which is a means tested  benefit.

7 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

He 'scammed nearly £39,000 in benefits'. 

Erm, no. He scammed countless thousands in benefits and will now cost thousands more in prison and court fees - what did he ever contribute to British society in return?

In years to come, assuming we have the ability to do so after our nation collapses, we will look back in utter bewilderment that things like this could happen

The only explanation can be is that he and his pals are running the country.

The judge decides that UK taxpayers should continue to pay for his upkeep rather than deporting him and banning him from ever coming back?

Edited by twocents