• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Little cunt syndrome

It's surprising to read that he suffers from anxiety; back in the days when I used to watch telly he was host on Channel 4's 11 o'clock show:

The 11 O'Clock Show was a satirical late-night British television comedy series on Channel 4, which featured topical sketches and commentary on news items. It ran from 30 September 1998 to 8 December 2000, most notably, while hosted by Iain Lee and Daisy Donovan. The show launched the careers of Ricky Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_11_O'Clock_Show

Which was excellent (I'm surprised that Iain and Daisy haven't gone on to great things like the two support acts) and his persona was similar to Mark Lamarr, superior and taking the piss.  Not nastily, that was just his act.

With those snap backs and put downs I'd have thought he'd be running verbal rings around the very unpleasant Dennis Wise.

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

What is this show of which they speak?  Who are these people?  

Maybe I should cross this with the IQ thread o.O

It is a programme that give stupid people something to do.

22 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_11_O'Clock_Show

Which was excellent (I'm surprised that Iain and Daisy haven't gone on to great things like the two support acts) and his persona was similar to Mark Lamarr, superior and taking the piss.  Not nastily, that was just his act.

With those snap backs and put downs I'd have thought he'd be running verbal rings around the very unpleasant Dennis Wise.

Agreed. I used to watch that show as a student bum and had the impression that Iain Lee was a tough cookie and that we'd see more of him and Daisy on the box. I didn't realise that he was in the Oz Jungle but then I never watch it.

A bit Off topic. On the 11 O'Clock show I remember watching Ricky Gervais doing a stand up routine and then mentioning the American drama show Quincy. Gervais making the point that 'Quincy was a nosy cun...' and then getting cup off abruptly by Iain. Given it was Channel 4 and late at night I wonder why Iain was so nervous about the c word being used live. Anyone who tuned into Channel 4 late in the evening back then should not need to be warned.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

What is this show of which they speak?  Who are these people?  

Maybe I should cross this with the IQ thread o.O

TV and not religion is the opium of the masses.  It is a tool to keep us docile.  Millions will be watching Strictly tonight and not questioning the fact that we are being screwed by TPTB.

1 minute ago, Ina said:

TV and not religion is the opium of the masses.  It is a tool to keep us docile.  Millions will be watching Strictly tonight and not questioning the fact that we are being screwed by TPTB.

Yep, the old bread and circuses. They don't call it the idiot lantern for nothing. 

What's strictly btw. o.OxD

Just now, One percent said:

Yep, the old bread and circuses. They don't call it the idiot lantern for nothing. 

What's strictly btw. o.OxD

Never watched Strictly.  I heard on the wireless this morning that some bird called Debbie Magee might win.  

12 minutes ago, NTB said:

I believe it used to be called 'Come Dancing'* which I think I saw as a kid. Not seen the current iteration.

* which back then led to kids asking - what's white and sticky and jiggles between your fingers?

New version!

What carries a whip, is white, sticky and jiggles between your fingers?

3 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Agreed. I used to watch that show as a student bum and had the impression that Iain Lee was a tough cookie and that we'd see more of him and Daisy on the box. I didn't realise that he was in the Oz Jungle but then I never watch it.

A bit Off topic. On the 11 O'Clock show I remember watching Ricky Gervais doing a stand up routine and then mentioning the American drama show Quincy. Gervais making the point that 'Quincy was a nosy cun...' and then getting cup off abruptly by Iain. Given it was Channel 4 and late at night I wonder why Iain was so nervous about the c word being used live. Anyone who tuned into Channel 4 late in the evening back then should not need to be warned.

I used to watch RISE:

21 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I'm telling all the obnoxious small children I meet that Santa is going to bring them a Quadcopter Drone that they can actually sit in and fly.

The little cunts are going to be SOOOO disappointed on Xmas day.

I saw you doing it!

v1.aDsyODMwO2o7MTc1NTA7MTIwMDs3MDA7NDY0

14 hours ago, spygirl said:

FFS, telling someone you don’t want to rely on them is not bullying. Typical of the scope creep of every single negative word until it’s rendered effectively meaningless. 

On the other hand I have always had the impression Dennis Wise is a nasty little shit.

19 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Ricky Gervais back when he was great, and you were allowed to say things on TV...

One of my favourite clips this one, and it was from The 11 o'Clock Show :

6 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

On the other hand I have always had the impression Dennis Wise is a nasty little shit.

I always thought this and mentioned it to a friend.

My friend has a severely disabled daughter. Dennis Wise did something extremely generous which she isn't allowed to talk about.

So twat  - probably. Nasty shit - maybe not.