• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

This is a curious one - Canadian billionaire and wife found ‘hanging side by side above pool’ at £3m mansion

When I first saw this reported this morning I wondered whether it was something akin to a carbon monoxide tragedy. But now it seems that they were both found hanging side by side.

Canadian billionaire and wife found ‘hanging side by side above pool’ at £3m mansion

CANADIAN cops are probing the "suspicious" deaths of billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife.

Sherman, 75, the founder of pharmaceutical giant Apotex Ince, and his wife Honey were found dead yesterday at their lavish £3m mansion in an affluent neighbourhood in Toronto.

They were found hanging side by side above their indoor swimming pool, reports suggest.

Toronto Police said on Twitter that "two people (were) found deceased in a home" after officers responded to a medical call around noon.

They said the deaths were being treated as suspicious but, according to Canadian media, said no suspects were being sought.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5153507/bobby-sherman-wife-honey-dead-toronto-canada-side-by-side/

8 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

A billionnairre living in a house only worth 3M, that's pretty damn suspicous in my book.

When I saw a picture of them, I thought that they looked like a nice couple. She was definitely not a trophy wife and think that they may have just been ordinary nice people who had managed to amass a fortune. I guess it can happen. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

When I saw a picture of them, I thought that they looked like a nice couple. She was definitely not a trophy wife and think that they may have just been ordinary nice people who had managed to amass a fortune. I guess it can happen. 

I think they were decent people although he had a reputation for being exceedingly ruthless in business and undoubtedly crossed some seriously nasty people in the global pharmaceutical industry in his time.

18 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I think they were decent people although he had a reputation for being exceedingly ruthless in business and undoubtedly crossed some seriously nasty people in the global pharmaceutical industry in his time.

Where did you get this info from - ruthless?

15 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Where did you get this info from - ruthless?

Generally well known around these parts - I don't mean he was considered personally unpleasant or anything, just that he wasn't known for giving a sucker an even break when it came to business (all perfectly within the law I should add). Do a google of the news reports to see what I mean. e.g.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/barry-sherman-a-ruthless-fighter-who-helped-revolutionize-canadas-drug-industry/article37355332/

But Mr. Sherman, who was 75, was also a ruthless fighter capable of waging as many as 100 lawsuits at a time against business rivals and spending the past ten years of his life battling a group of cousins in court. 

Murder suicide...

Police are investigating the deaths of Toronto billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife, Honey, as a murder-suicide.

A Toronto police source told the Globe investigators are working on the theory that Mr. Sherman killed his wife and then took his own life.

Very strange.

A Toronto police source said their bodies were found Friday at the edge of their basement pool, hanging from a railing that surrounded the pool. Investigators are working on the theory that Mr. Sherman killed his wife, hung her body and then hanged himself at the pool's edge, the source said.

And.

Lights were on inside the home last night, as police officers worked inside, illuminating what appeared to be a Frida Kahlo canvas.

Frida Kahlo?

frida_kahlo_promojpg.thumb.jpg.9ab8c9ade1d45c06ce8759e1d5746abb.jpg

Jesus! 

Source :- https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/police-investigating-deaths-of-toronto-billionaire-barry-sherman-and-wife-as-murder-suicide/article37357096/

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Murder-suicide sounds a bit lame foor a double hanging. So the police think he murdered her and then hung her?

I don't really buy it either. It was -10C for most of yesterday in Toronto and he was a 75 year old guy who'd had prostate cancer. The idea that he could have manhandled his mrs (dead or alive) outside of the house and hanged her from a railing under those circumstances doesn't sound plausible. On the other hand, I assume he had easy access to some top notch pharamceuticals if he'd needed to drug her.

edit: actually, I partly take that back, it was an indoor pool.

Edited by TheBlueCat

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

I don't really buy it either. It was -10C for most of yesterday in Toronto and he was a 75 year old guy who'd had prostate cancer. The idea that he could have manhandled his mrs (dead or alive) outside of the house and hanged her from a railing under those circumstances doesn't sound plausible. On the other hand, I assume he had easy access to some top notch pharamceuticals if he'd needed to drug her.

Ah, it was the outside pool? I thought they also had an indoor one? I had assumed the hanging would have been indoors for some reason - did I just give myself away? O.o

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

Ah, it was the outside pool? I thought they also had an indoor one? I had assumed the hanging would have been indoors for some reason - did I just give myself away? O.o

No, my mistake, it was in fact indoor.

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Perhaps they recently had a holiday in Vegas at the MGM?

Or maybe he was about to be outed as a bit of a "Harvey"? My guess would be that, if it was murder suicide, she was threatening to leave him and it all went a bit wrong from there. Given his past history of legal conflict though, I would assume the cops will be taking a very close look at the list of people he's been up against. 

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Appparently some relatives of his lost a court case in Sept in which they were claiming that they owned 20% of his company.

Hmm.

For people in power, it isn't about the money. It is the 100% control of the business that is important. That would have been a bitter battle.

So who inherits the business.....?

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Bit like Fergus and Judith then, they look like a nice couple, she is definately not a trophy wife, just nice ordinary folks who have managed to amass a fortune.

It does happen.

fergus-wilson_2787798b.jpg

17 hours ago, 201p said:

Hmm.

For people in power, it isn't about the money. It is the 100% control of the business that is important. That would have been a bitter battle.

So who inherits the business.....?

If there isn't a will, it depends on who is deemed to have died first. If it was the wife, his relatives inherit. If he died first, then her relatives inherit.