• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
shindigger

One Hundred and Ninety!!!

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Nothing for two in a bed.

But look what you could have won.

My favourite Jim Bowen moment was when he had a very large lady on. He read her card saying 'i see you have been on a sponsored slim'

He paused, looked her up and down and asked ' How much do you owe?'

Apparently he once asked a contestant what he did for a living, and on hearing that the bloke had been unemployed for 9 months, replied, "Smashing!"

The people making a fuss over this fancy dress are outrageous nazis and racists.

Even when the Black and White Minstrel show was very popular on the So-Called BBC the blacking up was considered to be benevolent to people of colour and indeed provided familiarity with them.  If that hadn't been the case then PC central the So-Called BBC wouldn't have broadcast it right up to 1978.

Edited by twocents

5 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Apparently he once asked a contestant what he did for a living, and on hearing that the bloke had been unemployed for 9 months, replied, "Smashing!"

2 minutes ago, twocents said:

The people making a fuss over this fancy dress are outrageous nazis and racists.

Even when the Black and White Minstrel show was very popular on the So-Called BBC the blacking up was considered to be benevolent to people of colour and indeed provided familiarity with them.  If that hadn't been the case the So-Called BBC wouldn't have broadcast it right up to 1978.

It's time that the So Called BBC made a grovelling apology to Black people around the world for it's contribution to racism throughout the 60s,70s and 80s.

The So Called BBC ought to be disbanded for it's historic racism and protection of paedophiles.

2 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

It's time that the So Called BBC made a grovelling apology to Black people around the world for it's contribution to racism throughout the 60s,70s and 80s.

The So Called BBC ought to be disbanded for it's historic racism and protection of paedophiles.

Set up a petition :D

46 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

It’s all so pathetic when people can’t just have fun playing darts.

For the record I was a multi winning female dart champion in Dumfries & Galloway back in my twenties. Loads of fun and good memories of real pubs!

My darts highlight was checking out with a bull plus two treble twenties resulting in winning a very closely fought for championship league one year for my ladies team.

Haven't played darts for years so presume I couldn’t win anything now. That doesn’t really matter IMO.

Playing darts should be about having fun. If it involves dressing up as a golliwog, Gollum or a male dressed as a nurse it should add to the fun. Unfortunately the joy of mundane pursuits is being decimated by joyless killjoys who have nothing else to do but criticise ordinary folks just having fun!

170 checkout?!

Wow!

That is absolutely fantastic.

20 minutes ago, leggers said:

170 checkout?!

Wow!

That is absolutely fantastic.

It was a great moment indeed. I only done it once!

Darts is about having fun and if you’re motivated playing in competitive leagues.

So fed up of the uk now when dressing up while having fun to raise money for charity or a team is lambasted by joyless twats who seem to have nothing to do but pick pick pick at others who are really doing no harm. 

I recall blacking up in my younger years. Once in a group of mixed sex dancing, grass skirted, spear bearing Maori’s behind a float in local annual procession. After that in a fun talent competition with some mates as Diana Ross and the supremes singing Baby Love. 

It was authentic to black up to portray the theme. Nothing racist about it and no complaints at all. Back then no one thought about racism because it was just fun and a laugh

I read a story a few months ago where a hospital refused to accept funds raised by a group of men dressed as nurses because TPTB deemed it sexist. The fund raisers were bemused!

2 hours ago, DeepLurker said:

How the fuck are you supposed to dress yourself up to look like Diane Abbottopotamus, without making any reference whatsoever to the color of her skin? It would be like someone dressing up as Father Xmas for a party, but not putting on a beard. It. Just. Wouldn't. Work.

Beard appropriation!!!! :Old: