• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Blame the KKK

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/dec/16/alexandra-burke-and-the-trouble-with-reality-tv-and-race-strictly?CMP=fb_gu

I dont watch Strictly - bar looking at the boobs in the next days DM.

Maybe they did not vote fir her as shes just one of these characterless stage school kids that pop up on these type of shoes - all polish, no character.

I like the barrel scrapping to justify this - quote from that big boobed black girl from bigbrother 15 odd years ago

'It was a similar experience for Makosi Musambasi, a contestant on Big Brother 6, who described how she had entered the show believing people would see her for who she was, an articulate, well-educated nurse, and had been shocked to find on leaving the show that the focus was entirely on her as a “sexy black woman with big boobs”.'

If i was going to show the world i was an articuate person then id not take my boobs out on big brother.

here she is, discussing post modern feminism

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2112255/remember-big-brothers-orlaith-mcallister-this-is-what-she-looks-like-now/#

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2112255/remember-big-brothers-orlaith-mcallister-this-is-what-she-looks-like-now/#

Kehinde Andrews ....

Maybe it would help if he was a Strictly judge ?

He's popping up everywhere else.

Ore Oduba won last year, when they wrote this article, shouldn't that single fact make them think for a second - hang on, this is bollocks.

Alexandra didn't win because she is less popular, she is less popular because she arrogantly thought she should win. She may in truth have deserved to win, being the best dancer.

British public likes humility not entitlement. It's nothing to do with her being black.

Edited by Bedrag Justesen
Sp

Jesus are these people dumb.

My guess is that these shows are scripted and choreographed from start to finish including the voting.

The reason it looks fixed is because like most things on TV it is fixed.

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I think its less about being black. More about beimg some dumb journo needing to fill in 2000 words.

Absolutely.

I was visiting some friends last night who had Strictly on in the background and one of them correctly identified the winner before a step had been danced. Quite correctly he said that Joe McFadden was one finalist who had not been a professional dancer at some time and that would be the decisive factor in his winning and so it proved to be.

As for Makosi Musambasi I hardly think the audience of Big Brother 6 would be visible on a graph compared to Strictly's 13 million plus. My reading of her comment was that she is currently scrubbing along on a nurses salary but thinks her nice tits might help her make it big in show business. Obviously just flashing them on BB 6 with its miserable viewing figures won't be enough to achieve that end but if she can make a controversy in the media over them on some trumped up race issue maybe she can get succeed in her aim.

Edited by Virgil Caine

11 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

My guess is that these shows are scripted and choreographed from start to finish including the voting.

There is evidence to suggest Strictly is definitely choreographed.

Every year near the beginning of public elimination one of the best dancers, that's also a popular favourite with the public will be voted off the show causing shock.

The intention is to inspire viewers to vote for their favourite even though they are assumed safe. Claudia and Tess repeatedly remind us to vote - we must VOTE.

This year it was Aston Merrygold

30 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

There is evidence to suggest Strictly is definitely choreographed.

Every year near the beginning of public elimination one of the best dancers, that's also a popular favourite with the public will be voted off the show causing shock.

The intention is to inspire viewers to vote for their favourite even though they are assumed safe. Claudia and Tess repeatedly remind us to vote - we must VOTE.

This year it was Aston Merrygold

Yes sticking some of the best couples in the dance off and occasionally eliminating them is one of the key ploys I have noticed in keeping the audience watching and voting over the entire series. It works too looking at the viewing figures. You can also attempt to profile winners. It helps to have no dance experience (that rules out most of those who went to stage school) and to have some feature no previous winner possessed (I.e first black person, Scotsman etc).  Alexandra Burke would not have one if she had been a black Ginger Rogers and Cyd Charisse rolled into one because the spot of 'first black winner' had been filled last year so she was a year too late.

Edited by Virgil Caine