• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
OurDayWillCome

Lockdown

Will be interesting to see the person in the car ... any bets anyone?

... more fool trying to do this, those dudes are armed, it's not a case of running down pedestrians on London Bridge!!

17 minutes ago, JFK said:

... more fool trying to do this, those dudes are armed, it's not a case of running down pedestrians on London Bridge!!

Did he come out via the windhield? Was it an Audi?

20 minutes ago, JFK said:

Just a guess...but I wonder if some of the mad-mullahs think it's just a tiny little bit cowardly to attack unarmed civilians, including women and children and that they just might not get the 72 virgins if Allah's having a bad day. If they get shot to pieces while trying to take out a USAF erk on a guardpost, it's probably a bit nearer to their 7th century ideas of heroism. 

7 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Just a guess...but I wonder if some of the mad-mullahs think it's just a tiny little bit cowardly to attack unarmed civilians, including women and children and that they just might not get the 72 virgins if Allah's having a bad day. If they get shot to pieces while trying to take out a USAF erk on a guardpost, it's probably a bit nearer to their 7th century ideas of heroism. 

I doubt it. I suspect, if it is one of them, that is just a badly thought-out and inept attack. That is unless it is some reconnisance attack to give info to others watching?

We still have a missing RAF airman from that part of the world.

We still have no arrest re the men who tried to bundle an RAF airman into, IIRC, a van.

24 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I'd be interested to know if the USAF has different Rules of Engagement procedures on its guard posts than the RAF. 

Different RoE for different sites anyway.

8 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Didn't know that. I knew that they were different in a FOB but none of the UK bases would be classified as such. 

Depends what's behind the fence.

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Usually the MOD Police and the US military work together. Mildenhall is still an RAF base - just an RAF base that is used by Americans.

Well, I suppose.  But, for example, 'RAF' Greenham Common was USA as soon as you went through the gates.

6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

And had MOD Police at the gate.

Ah, see what you mean.  You're right -- if you tried to attack one of the Greenham Common gates you wouldn't know whether it would be a UK or USA bullet that would hit you first.

But if you got to the mess it would have been a USA boot that stamped on your face*.

[Sadly, just to make it obvious, that is an Orwell reference.]

Edited by dgul

Something does not add up here. Methinks that we are not being told the truth.

Some news agencies - Sky, BBC, - still reporting that the driver crashed into the checkpoint, was fired upon and apprehended.

Other news agencies - Mail for one - showing footage of an Osprey with a ring of police cars, flashing blue lights, surrounding it and a convoy of police cars speeding towards it.

I have a question - who was on that Osprey?

Mail also not allowing comments below its story.

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Something does not add up here. Methinks that we are not being told the truth.

Some news agencies - Sky, BBC, - still reporting that the driver crashed into the checkpoint, was fired upon and apprehended.

Other news agencies - Mail for one - showing footage of an Osprey with a ring of police cars, flashing blue lights, surrounding it and a convoy of police cars speeding towards it.

I have a question - who was on that Osprey?

Mail also not allowing comments below its story.

Because they are or reporting local gossip.

Not those 2 pesky Vicars again is it? You know the 2 who were recently aqquitted of breaking into BAE Systems Wharton site to disarm jets bound for the middle east to bomb Yemen? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-41763568

They were quite unrepentant and swore they would do it again.

Edited by WorkingPoor