• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingPoor

The Science of Grounding

Anything in it? the premise is that we are never comnected directly to the earth as we should be due to always being in shoes or on artificial surfaces, inflamation in the body that causes alot of diseases can be neutralised by grounding barefoot (or hands) to the earth and absorbing the earths natural electrons.

There used to be quite a trend for motorists to attach grounding strips from the rear of their cars.

The aim was to reduce car sickness by reducing static electricity.

Quite why a two foot long inch wide rubber strip trailing along the road would make a difference I can't guess.

Surely the vehicle was already connected to the ground by a rubber contact at each corner.

People believed they worked, possibly placebo.

Maybe this grounding theory is similar.

It's interesting.

The rubber strips on cars had metal running down them so would earth static; though whether they brought benefits beyond not getting a static shock from your car when you wear the wrong shoes (apparently Hush Puppies did this) I don't know.

Ah i forgot to mention that this type of grounding has to be done directly to the earth like grass dirt etc 

walking barefoot on the pavement or a wood floor will not have any electrons for the body to absorb, so i need to go and stand in the garden on the grass i guess. 

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's interesting.

The rubber strips on cars had metal running down them so would earth static; though whether they brought benefits beyond not getting a static shock from your car when you wear the wrong shoes (apparently Hush Puppies did this) I don't know.

Just one of the useless car accessories of the 70’s and 80’s 

In relation to the OP looks like a fad / placebo 

9498C902-964E-429B-88FF-0014B79F1342.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Just one of the useless car accessories of the 70’s and 80’s 

In relation to the OP looks like a fad / placebo 

9498C902-964E-429B-88FF-0014B79F1342.jpeg

Not useless; the conductive strips dissipated static. Depends on how annoying you find static shocks.

All sounds a bit Willhelm Reich. Anybody ever looked at orgone energy? The US government's total overreaction is interesting - it went to a great deal of effort to protect its citizens from, at worst, spending their time sitting in a wooden portaloo.

I suppose the closest most people come to actually grounding to the earth is on their annual holiday where they may walk around barefoot on some natural ground? 

I wonder if thats why people feel better whilst on holiday? 

I can't think of the last time i was actually barefoot on natural ground, despite spending lots of time barefooted doing martial arts (on a wood floor) 

I suppose it can't hurt to give it a try, it wasn't a plug for selling something. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

There used to be quite a trend for motorists to attach grounding strips from the rear of their cars.

The aim was to reduce car sickness by reducing static electricity.

Quite why a two foot long inch wide rubber strip trailing along the road would make a difference I can't guess.

Surely the vehicle was already connected to the ground by a rubber contact at each corner.

People believed they worked, possibly placebo.

Maybe this grounding theory is similar.

I thought they used to have a wire /metal running though them 

1 hour ago, Happy Renting said:

Not useless; the conductive strips dissipated static. Depends on how annoying you find static shocks.

They were marketed as a cure for car sickness and surprisingly did not help 😜

Edited by Malthus

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's interesting.

Even with rubber tyres there is enough conductivity to get rid of proper static electricity in cars.

The problem of static shocks in cars isn't static in the chassis but static in the body (through wearing man-made fibres etc) grounding to the car when you touch it.

Anyway, isn't the OP type of grounding more along the lines of a mystical connection with the earth, not 'electricity'?

1 hour ago, dgul said:

Even with rubber tyres there is enough conductivity to get rid of proper static electricity in cars.

The problem of static shocks in cars isn't static in the chassis but static in the body (through wearing man-made fibres etc) grounding to the car when you touch it.

Anyway, isn't the OP type of grounding more along the lines of a mystical connection with the earth, not 'electricity'?

Absorb electrons from the earth to the body

which majority of western world hardly ever does 

53 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Absorb electrons from the earth to the body

which majority of western world hardly ever does 

This tree hugger here is what you want.

4f0aafdddea96e03658043e913ab938e.jpg

But a quick peruse of the tree hugger images in google show them with shoes or on artificial surfaces. Was always taught to do it in bare feet on the grass.

5 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

Anything in it? the premise is that we are never comnected directly to the earth as we should be due to always being in shoes or on artificial surfaces, inflamation in the body that causes alot of diseases can be neutralised by grounding barefoot (or hands) to the earth and absorbing the earths natural electrons.

maybe grounding is also the reason that when eurpeans arrived there they hadnt invented the wheel or metal working.

Many on the Tour de France, supposedly including Lance Armstrong used an earthing recovery bag to speed recovery and increase sleep quality while on this endurance race. Various Olympic swimmers, runners, and triathletes have reported using Earthing and various professional athletes have used Earthing methods as well.

https://wellnessmama.com/5600/earthing-grounding/

Edited by WorkingPoor

21 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Many on the Tour de France, supposedly including Lance Armstrong used an earthing recovery bag to speed recovery and increase sleep quality while on this endurance race. Various Olympic swimmers, runners, and triathletes have reported using Earthing and various professional athletes have used Earthing methods as well.

https://wellnessmama.com/5600/earthing-grounding/

placebo,mumbo jumbo if they think its helps they will latch onto it,look how many thousands of diets are out there do you think they are working for the general public ?