• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Aircraft Carrier

Why are the media making such a big deal of a leak on the new carrier? You really have to expect snagging problems like that on a massive engineering project.

Anyway, the leak is tiny. It's been reported as 200 litres per hour, or about 5 tonnes of water a day... The ship will have pumps designed to deal with leaks like that... Even if the pumps didn't work it would be months before the ship sunk....

This is "fake news".

41 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Why are the media making such a big deal of a leak on the new carrier? You really have to expect snagging problems like that on a massive engineering project.

Anyway, the leak is tiny. It's been reported as 200 litres per hour, or about 5 tonnes of water a day... The ship will have pumps designed to deal with leaks like that... Even if the pumps didn't work it would be months before the ship sunk....

This is "fake news".

Mmmm. the So-Called BBC article says:

The fault on the £3.1bn carrier was first identified during sea trials.

So, they were testing it, and they found a leak? Isn;t this the sort of thing that testing is actually for?

Good story BBC.

Complete bollocks..it was a snagging run, to pick up snags. Like leaks.

Snag noted and fixed.

Moving on.

/media mode/

GAHHHH!!! LOOK AT IT! IT'S LISTING! IT'S GOING TO SINK, THE STOKERS ARE DROWNING NEXT TO THEIR BOILERS *checks year, fuck it, run with it* WE'RE SO SHIT AT EVERYTHING!!! I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM AN EXPERT OF THE SIDEBOOB AND DIVERSITY ISSUES- CLEARLY MY KNOWLEDGE SURPASSES THE FINEST TECH MINDS THAT THE COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER BECAUSE...

I.

AM.

HACK!!!

:wanker:

Gorddies HMS Sieve.

Leaking is the least of its problems - its one great big cant miss missile target.

Stupid cunt has soent 20 years defense budget on something that cannot go within 500 of a war with a missiled up adversary.

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

This is "fake news".

Too many taffs on board?  

Is that raccist?  o.O

ill get me coat. 

2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

This is common i've seen it on lots of newly commisioned ships, it really is nothing. 

Considering the displacement of the thing, that is the equivalent of a cup of water a day on a standard yacht. 

It is what bilge pumps are for.

But I would investigate the flange. Just because I like the word flange.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Just another opprtunity to have a thinly veiled attack at the Tories and at the military by the left loving media perhaps?

Ironic given it was Labour that commissioned it.

This is "fake news".

I’ve sailed mirrors that let in more water than that!

This is "fake news".

It is fake news to me.

Pretty much none of the readers of this story will have any idea of the sort of water ingress to be expected of a ship of this size.  To do a proper job the reporter must also give contextual information, like how much was on the SoR, how much would be expected, and how much a 'bad' number would be.

To report without this information is taking advantage of the readers' ignorance to score a political point.

It's all part of the narrative. Like the So-Called BBC doing a hatchet job on the DUP about their transgender schools policy. Really not news for almost all of us but it keeps sending subliminal messages.

So thankful for Dosbods to keep it all sane.