• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

im on an all night dvd bender with the help of my lover stella,just watched the british classic the wickerman aready watched the indonisian film the raid and im now onto stormriders,i do love the odd realy mindless asian film such has the babycart films,got battleroyal lined up next but i doubt i will get through the 7 samuri which is for after.im after surgestions for something good which ive not seen yet.i might order the watermargin in the new year if anyone remembers it.

5 hours ago, stokiescum said:

im on an all night dvd bender with the help of my lover stella,just watched the british classic the wickerman aready watched the indonisian film the raid and im now onto stormriders,i do love the odd realy mindless asian film such has the babycart films,got battleroyal lined up next but i doubt i will get through the 7 samuri which is for after.im after surgestions for something good which ive not seen yet.i might order the watermargin in the new year if anyone remembers it.

Infernal Affairs series, if you've not seen them. The Departed is a poor-ish Hollywood remake of the original.

19 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Ichi the Killer

& on the opposite scale, Departures & Cold Fever

the first is by the same guy that did 13 assasins i think if so ive got it ,will look into the later

6 hours ago, 201p said:

Meals On Wheels?

is that like death race 2000 which i need for my naff dvd collection lol

Not actually a trilogy but City of God, Elite Squad and Elite Squad 2 can be watched as a trilogy. The latter two movies are from the pov of the police and are more violent than City of God.

On 12/22/2017 at 01:03, Dave Beans said:

Its an interesting take on the zombie genre...Another one is Dead Snow, but that's Norwegian rather than Asian. 

do not get dead snow 2 its crap,last train is a good fim watched it on kodi.

2 hours ago, stokiescum said:

do not get dead snow 2 its crap,last train is a good fim watched it on kodi.

The first one is a bit of a larf...agreed that DS2 just goes too far overboard...

On 12/20/2017 at 22:08, Sgt Hartman said:

Infernal Affairs is an excellent shout.

If you want to ruin your pants, Ju-On, The Grudge, is a Japanese ghost story film that cost me a good set of boxers.

Fucking disturbing films they are. Really psychologically got under my skin :(  The american remakes aren't too bad actually.

On 12/22/2017 at 12:21, jm51 said:

Not actually a trilogy but City of God, Elite Squad and Elite Squad 2 can be watched as a trilogy. The latter two movies are from the pov of the police and are more violent than City of God.

Great call that one.

I enjoyed the Ghost in the Shell that came out this year. I've just watched Grimsby from 2016 and I must have been in a receptive mood because I surprised myself by almost choking from laughter; I've not enjoyed previous Sacha Baron Cohen films.

Posted (edited)
On 12/20/2017 at 22:08, Sgt Hartman said:

Infernal Affairs is an excellent shout.

If you want to ruin your pants, Ju-On, The Grudge, is a Japanese ghost story film that cost me a good set of boxers.

This?

The music seems a bit offputitng though...

Edited by Dave Beans

28 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

This?

The music seems a bit offputitng though...

That's the one!

Wtf is that music though? That's certainly wasn't in the original, it's been added on.

Discovered and enjoyed "The Dead Lands" last weekend. Lots of mental violence complete with wide eyed glaring, head twitches and tongues sticking out - loved it. I don't think anyone can do, "I'm about to totally lose my shit", like an angry Maori :)

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 22:45, Sgt Hartman said:

That's the one!

Wtf is that music though? That's certainly wasn't in the original, it's been added on.

Shazam identifies it as "The X Files-Movement #1: Teaser And Theme" by Mark Snow And John Beal

Which it probably isn't, though it does sound a bit like something Mark Snow might have done that didn't make it into that series.

10 hours ago, DTMark said:

Shazam identifies it as "The X Files-Movement #1: Teaser And Theme" by Mark Snow And John Beal

Which it probably isn't, though it does sound a bit like something Mark Snow might have done that didn't make it into that series.

Wonder why they added it on to 'The Grudge'. 

Probably a way around the copyright if it kicks in every few minutes.

On 20/12/2017 at 02:15, stokiescum said:

Some Jet Li classic trilogies Fong Sai Yuk 1, 2 and 3 also Once Upon a Time in China 1, 2 and 3.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Some Jet Li classic trilogies Fong Sai Yuk 1, 2 and 3 also Once Upon a Time in China 1, 2 and 3.

im watching end of outlander then off pub,had a few stellas aready lol.im tempted to buy every episode of poirot but thats 50 quid em.