• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Just seen First Man at the cinema. Normally hate science films, but the bewildering fact we sent a man to the moon with primitive technology is worth the watch alone. As Mrs Armstrong angrily tells Nasa you are just a bunch of kids playing with Balsa wood kits and haven't got a  clue what you are doing. Indeed Armstrong is a depressive consigned to his death along those lines after many of his mates have got killed in testing.

Couldn't do it now with all that health and safety, despite one giant leap in technology. Of course you can take the conspiracy view we never did bsck then with all that "Balsa Wood" technology. Well if we did, bloody incredible.

Edited by crashmonitor

What would be even more amazing than landing a man on the moon in 1969 would be faking it.

The technology to fake that wasn't available. Could be argued that the tech for falsifying the landing was available and kept secret but it was many many years before such tech was known about.

Amusingly, I've come across no conspiracy theories that say the Apollo 13 mission was fake. Hmmm... we can get to the moon, go round the back of it and get home after a near fatal fuck up but no way did people land there with a fully functioning spacecraft the year before.

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Avoid the cinema. It's full of people. and hugely expensive.

its ok once or twice a year,the last time i went was to see the sequal to blade runner i bet thats 15 months ago.

10 hours ago, stokiescum said:

its ok once or twice a year,the last time i went was to see the sequal to blade runner i bet thats 15 months ago.

harry potter 3.
FFS when did they make films so long!

I had decided to give up on the Marvel movies for a while after Black Panther. But on a long plane ride recently I watched both Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War. Both good fun action movies, and well blended in genuine comedy throughout. A real return to form.

8 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I had decided to give up on the Marvel movies for a while after Black Panther. But on a long plane ride recently I watched both Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War. Both good fun action movies, and well blended in genuine comedy throughout. A real return to form.

skip ant man and the wasp,i only watched it to see the 290 bhp version of the new veloster model.

On 25/10/2018 at 19:48, stokiescum said:

skip ant man and the wasp,i only watched it to see the 290 bhp version of the new veloster model.

ant man is a good movie to watch with the kids tho, not much violence etc, decent enough.

14 hours ago, stokiescum said:

true,i prefere stuff like deadpool

Yep, agreed, antman first, kids to bed, then deadpool,then deadpool 2, too movies indeed, comedy and violence,what more can u ask for

On 24/10/2018 at 18:57, sarahbell said:

Avoid the cinema. It's full of people. and hugely expensive.

Usually go to the Loewen at Mablethorpe when staying on the East coast, £4.20 with a free cup of tea and if there are half a dozen people in that's a good day. Typical of a rural economy with little government assistance or public sector jobs to splash the cash. Five quid a ticket and the place would be empty.

https://loewencinema.co.uk/mablethorpe/now/

1 hour ago, crashmonitor said:

Usually go to the Loewen at Mablethorpe when staying on the East coast, £4.20 with a free cup of tea and if there are half a dozen people in that's a good day. Typical of a rural economy with little government assistance or public sector jobs to splash the cash. Five quid a ticket and the place would be empty.

https://loewencinema.co.uk/mablethorpe/now/

Oo a free cup of tea sounds good.

Watched Three Billboards recently, thought it was pretty good. There is one particularly shocking moment that I didn't see coming - doubtless anybody who has seen it will know what I am referring to!