• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Karaoke

Went to a Karaoke event last night. Normally it's just a small group of people but last night coincided with a fat club's Christmas party. So loads of them got up and sang. Some were ok, some were terrible, but it was a lively evening.

They finished off with a group of them doing 'Feed the world' 

Did we giggle?

15 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Fat people are really good singers. I don't know why this is, can anyone explain?

The best singers sing with their whole chest and resonate other parts of their body as well.  Thinner voices are just throat singing; Morrissey is like this.  When you need to project the bigger the better!

Explained by David McAlmont here, talking abut "Yes" (the song rather than the prog band) where he uses both voices depending upon the pitch of the note:

1 hour ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Whenever I go to the karaoke restaurants in China the high-pitch singing makes my eardrums hurt.

ok not chinese but a guy i work withs brother has blown 40k following this band around the world,

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=crmas&p=baby+metal+youtube#id=1&vid=6e1e4e225494ff42b4f0a56d2dbefe1f&action=click       he suspects he has hidden perverted tendancies

18 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

My old rugby club runs a karaoke every December. The only deal is that you leave your inhibitions at the door and sing the song you are given! Terrible singing but always a cracking night!

uttoxeter rugby club had some wild nights out ,one guy used to wear a kilt and 2 of his mates would help him keep his balance by holding his legs has he drank a pint off the floor with a straw.and has a true scot he never wore underware.they would be looking at 6 months if they did that nowadays.

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

ok not chinese but a guy i work withs brother has blown 40k following this band around the world,

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=crmas&p=baby+metal+youtube#id=1&vid=6e1e4e225494ff42b4f0a56d2dbefe1f&action=click       he suspects he has hidden perverted tendancies

They've been going for seven years! They look like they should still be in school!

7 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

I got thrown out of my local pub karaoke evening.

I always confuse karaoke with bukkake.

I spat my coffee when I read this earlier today, and had to close my browser to prevent my children from seeing what was so funny..

Karaoke at KTV bars is the national pastime here. If it were an Olympic sport, they would get their only gold medal.

But for KTV girls, it would be classified as a cruel and unusual punishment for Westerners, but as it stands it's easy on the eye, but nasty on the ear.

Japanese style karaoke is just the best, a small private hire room with just your friends, open until stupid o'clock in the morning and drinks available at the press of a button. Nothing better. 

No one who likes Baby Metal should under any circumstances follow Ladybaby.

10 hours ago, stokiescum said:

I had the misfortune to see them when they supported the Red Hot Chilli Peppers on their tour last year. Trust me, their fans aren't there for the music.

That group seems a bit like the white cider or Special Brew type product where you wonder what the level of delusion is with marketing team. Do they delude themselves they're targeting some Manga fan demographic or do they just brainstorm 'how can we more effectively reach out to nonces'.

13 minutes ago, SNACR said:

That group seems a bit like the white cider or Special Brew type product where you wonder what the level of delusion is with marketing team. Do they delude themselves they're targeting some Manga fan demographic or do they just brainstorm 'how can we more effectively reach out to nonces'.

Japanese people don’t seem to see it that way. Some of the imagery in Manga really does look dodgy to a western eye. Until fairly recently “school disco” was pretty popular in the U.K., where ropy 30 something’s dress up in school uniforms and try and pull. I never went to one but I doubt they were packed out with paedos.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Japanese people don’t seem to see it that way. Some of the imagery in Manga really does look dodgy to a western eye. Until fairly recently “school disco” was pretty popular in the U.K., where ropy 30 something’s dress up in school uniforms and try and pull. I never went to one but I doubt they were packed out with paedos.

The majority of women over 30 in the UK would have difficulty obtaining a school uniform that would fit, surely?

19 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

I got thrown out of my local pub karaoke evening.

I always confuse karaoke with bukkake.

Yeah my colleagues asked me to karaoke, and I thought they said bukkake.....

....you should have seen their faces...  

Edited by JoeDavola