• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JackieO

Surviving period poverty with 'socks and tissue"

They keep banging this drum.

I think it is a good idea that homeless people get access to toiletries in general; why does the So-Called BBC endlessly single out tampons?

Is it because soap, deodorant, toothpaste are also used by the great Satan: men.

As a guy I'm clearly not qualified to comment, but as a guy I'll comment anyway and abuse my male privilege...

But don't these things cost about 3p each when you get them at Lidl?  I know that it'll be a fair few per period, but 'a fair few' is hardly going to be a noticeable sum, surely?

[obviously it is more if you get branded stuff with unicorn tears as lubrication (or whatever it is that makes them more expensive), but the point is that she's wasting socks here...]

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

They keep banging this drum.

I think it is a good idea that homeless people get access to toiletries in general; why does the So-Called BBC endlessly single out tampons?

Is it because soap, deodorant, toothpaste are also used by the great Satan: men.

They need to put a sock in their mouths to stop the bullshit flowing out. xD

Try this...

MoonCup.thumb.jpg.f8795067688885fb99809556996f1817.jpg

Size 'F'

1 minute ago, dgul said:

As a guy I'm clearly not qualified to comment, but as a guy I'll comment anyway and abuse my male privilege...

But don't these things cost about 3p each when you get them at Lidl?  I know that it'll be a fair few per period, but 'a fair few' is hardly going to be a noticeable sum, surely?

[obviously it is more if you get branded stuff with unicorn tears as lubrication (or whatever it is that makes them more expensive), but the point is that she's wasting socks here...]

You can also buy a menstrual cup for a couple of quid off Ebay that will last you 5-10 years. 

Just now, This Time said:

You can also buy a menstrual cup for a couple of quid off Ebay that will last you 5-10 years. 

I think you mean 'a couple of quid plus VAT'.

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

Moon cup dot com 

to the tune of moonpig.com 

That's what came to mind, I typed it in and it goes to the official site of (presumably) the originators of the idea :

http://mooncup.com/

Menstrual cups were actually invented around the same time as tampons but didn't really catch on at the time - a bit like electric and ICE cars.

Is there no bar beneath which people will sink for attention?

And equally is there no bar beneath which the beeb will sink for clicks?

If that women really feels the need to stuff socks in there, it's a sign that she's mentally ill and needs to talk to someone or needs a carer. Fucking bbc and their new SJW terms 'period poverty'. Give me a break.

Edited by JoeDavola

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Is there no bar beneath which people will sink for attention?

And equally is there no bar beneath which the beeb will sink for clicks?

I think the So-Called BBC should do a program on the cost of toilet paper and the size of poor peoples clinkers.

6 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Shaving poverty isn’t an issue since we all became hipsters.... maybe there’s a hidden ‘breakfast cereal cafe poverty’ that we don’t know about!

Beards are for hipsters and islamists, therefore I leave the flat each morning with a clean shave...

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Please.

Anyone using socks because they can't afford any vampires teabags is either -

A. Full of shit (or possibly sock)

B. Mentally unwell.

C. Has no female mates.

D. Financially illiterate.

Sorry but I don't buy it for a second. Utter BBC pearl-clutching bollocks.

No VAT on tampons? Hooray! Now I only have to use a sock 5 days out of 6!

Being serious, my issue is that this is yet another benefit you get by not working full time. And by definition your child is now mature enough to look after herself so no excuse.

So yet another hurdle to cross /more money you need to earn if you are ever going to unshackle yourself from the teat that is Government largesse.

3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

"Poo Poverty"

"Joe's Date shits herself in public because she can't afford bog roll, and uses a sock to clean up after. She'd use 2 socks to make sure it's all extra clean, but it's that time of the month so the second sock is currently occupied elsewhere."

:D

6 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Socks and tissues?

Isn't this a male teenage subject?

It's quite a well-known fetish in the, erm, "gay community" (I so hate that phrase).

Gave me a giggle.

I'll leave it at that.