• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Battenberg

SUV Drives Into Pedestrians - Melbourne

7 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Driver sounds Greek.

What the hell was his motivation? Perhaps, a bit like acid attacks, we're just going to keep getting copycat attacks now form anyone who goes postal. 

1 minute ago, Battenberg said:

What the hell was his motivation? Perhaps, a bit like acid attacks, we're just going to keep getting copycat attacks now form anyone who goes postal. 

May have been converted? It is worrying though that not only do you have to watch out for the religious nut jobs but also your everyday nut job getting in on the act.

1 hour ago, Dipsy said:

Driver sounds Greek.

Probably one of those Greeks from New South Wales.

----

Apparently they're telling pedestrians to vacate the centre of Melbourne -- risk of another attack.

Edited by dgul

Man dragged from suv by police. Two arrested. Possibly a third man also arrested for trying to break through the police cordon.

Flinders-Street-SUV-Driver.jpg

pri_63717424-e1513841919997.jpg?w=748&h=

Local media reports eyewitnesses saying the driver sped through a red light hitting people, gunned the engine and targeted more pedestrians before crashing into a bollard protecting a tram line.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/suv-plows-christmas-shoppers-melbourne-australia-dozen-injured-driver-passenger-arrested/

Interesting, if that's the correct term, that it's happened outside a train station too which has probably also ground to a halt because of this and created even further upheaval/disruption.

Edited by Battenberg

I'd heard it was three arrested -- one driver, one pedestrian arrested for assaulting the driver and some other guy for public order.

It might be that the pic of the guy with the shorter beard is actually the one that pulled the driver out and incapacitated him.  Lots to be uncertain of, at the moment.

4 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'd heard it was three arrested -- one driver, one pedestrian arrested for assaulting the driver and some other guy for public order.

It might be that the pic of the guy with the shorter beard is actually the one that pulled the driver out and incapacitated him.  Lots to be uncertain of, at the moment.

Yes, reports online that some locals pulled out 2 people from the SUV and gave them a kicking before police arrived.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Should be given a medal then not bloody arrested. 

It sounds as if - I am speculating here - that two men were pulled from the SUV and arrested. Then a third man, probably very angry, tried to break through the police cordon to have a go at them. I suspect he is the third arrest. Just my guess.

There's an argument to say that social media might censor pictures of beardy people because at this moment, they can't confirm whether said pictures are indeed of the attackers or just some random beardy people posted as propaganda.