• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DTMark

A painful moment on the London Underground

As a child I always wanted to use the bit between the escalators on the London Underground as a slide. But not as an adult. Especially when you can see the, er, obstacles that have been put in your path to stop you doing just that.

But, after some drinks...

Ouch.

The auto-embed thing won't work as Twitter apparently considers the video "sensitive", but the link is worth clicking.

Top night last night, but this has to be the highlight

From the RT site linking to it:

The man stumbled into Moorgate Station with his friends, merry from a night on the town, witnesses said, when he decided to act out.

Diving onto the metal divider between the escalators, he took off like rocket. But the football-kitted man did not account for meeting any obstacles along the way. Within seconds, they were hitting him where it hurts.

First, he was bludgeoned in the bits with a stop-button sign, followed by a 'stand on the right' sign. One witness wrote on Reddit how the man's mates were laughing so hard they were crying, and had to be reminded by a stranger that they should probably help their friend.

"They had just got into the tube station and were singing football chants in a drunken manner," he wrote.

"I assumed they had just come back from a Christmas party cos they were all dressed up like that (and it's friggin cold outside).

"Anyway, so they all walk to the escalator all drunken and rowdy and they begin to go down, then this guy, who was by far the [most] drunken of the lot, got onto the middle part and sat like he was going to go down a slide. He started like that but the first 'obstacle' that isn't captured on camera kinda jolted and threw him out of position, then he hit the 2nd and then built up speed and went flying!

"All his mates were in tears laughing. One (in the yellow) collapsed onto the escalator stairs laughing his ass off and the others were all crying with laughter. Eventually the guy who he almost collided with at the end of the video was like 'are you gonna help your mate??' And then 2 went up to go help him.

"He was slowly moving but didn't get up at all.

"The others remained at the bottom laughing. I must admit I was laughing too, but in a suppressed manner haha."

James Gower posted the footage on Twitter, revealing the "highlight" of his "top night" out with friends.

https://twitter.com/__gower/status/943925810255335425https://twitter.com/__gower/status/943925810255335425

9 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

It's one of tweet comments

"I still can't believe he got booked for simulation".

I just wondered what it meant if anything.

Football  simulating a foul  AKA a dive

Edited by Long time lurking

32 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

:D Bell-end.

If he can't have children after that it should count as a half-Darwin....

Someone got one for putting his balls in a bowling ball cleaner - he survived but his ability to procreate did not.

2 hours ago, Uptherebels said:

Well if we're talking escalators and football...... Ever wondered how fast they can go? 

I had a shop with an escalator in it once. Pretty sure it wouldn't do that but I'm regretting the missed opportunity to experiment with it, now.

4 hours ago, Dipsy said:

ūüėĀ, love the way he goes flying onto the other escalator at the end!¬†

I reckon the injuries would have been a lot worse if he hadn't been so limp from being drunk.

11 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

mate did the underground slide thing about 20 years ago when drunk - landed really badly.

Really really badly

sphincter on jaggedy teeth of escalator badly

Left him incontinent

Rectum? Damn near killed him!

manfaceaua.jpg

2 hours ago, SNACR said:

I had a shop with an escalator in it once. Pretty sure it wouldn't do that but I'm regretting the missed opportunity to experiment with it, now.

I remember a news story in the early nineties, (I think from France) an airport/subway worker decided to speed up the travelator to see how fast it would go before people stopped walking on it. People didn't stop walking, even when he sped it up until passengers were getting flung off it at the end.

17 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

why does it always feel weird taking that first step on a stationary escalator? - even if the first step is at ground level

or is it just me?

I find I wobble all over the place when stepping onto a stopped escalator for the first few steps. It's always puzzled me as to why. It must be something to do with the tread pattern or the rise.

Edited by Hopeful

4 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I remember a news story in the early nineties, (I think from France) an airport/subway worker decided to speed up the travelator to see how fast it would go before people stopped walking on it. People didn't stop walking, even when he sped it up until passengers were getting flung off it at the end.

I think that might actually encourage me to use it!