• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Anonym.to - now live

I feel old, that is like digital alchemy.

Tried the link in the OP, is that like an anaonymous google search, or does every forward link to elsewhere look like it came via google.

MMMMMMMMMnnnnnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shit, my battery has just gone due to my CPU being throttttttttttllllllleeeeeddd.

37 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I feel old, that is like digital alchemy.

Tried the link in the OP, is that like an anaonymous google search, or does every forward link to elsewhere look like it came via google.

MMMMMMMMMnnnnnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shit, my battery has just gone due to my CPU being throttttttttttllllllleeeeeddd.

It basically anonymises the referral. Example: Let's say that I post a link without this feature enabled; to www.random-sjw-blog.com and ask other dosbodders if they think this crazy sjw needs to be sectioned... if the sjw who owns that site looks up her website visitor stats she will see visits coming from Dosbods.

But using this service stops her seeing that there are referrers originating from here. She will be none the wiser. 

It isn't foolproof though, there are other possible ways for her to find out but it makes it harder particularly if it's in the stealth forum. 

On 22/12/2017 at 13:27, spunko2010 said:

I have finally added this, so from now on all links posted will be routed via anonym.to. EG:

https://anonym.to/?http://www.google.co.uk

Any feedback or exceptions that need to be applied, please post them here. PS: It may take a few hours to start working.

I'm guessing a lot of corporate firewalls block anonym.io  - the last place I worked did anyway.