• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

WorkingPoor

Mad Friday (did it even happen?)

I was out and about in the car tonight and everywhere seemed very quiet, all the pubs i passed only seemed to have a handful of people in them, 

Hardly the "Black Eye Friday" that the media are hyping 

Any mayhem it your town? 

Are people just skint? or saving it for sat & sun? 

Are people finally cottoning on to the over the top xmas hype from Nov 6th onwards? 

The Sun has some pics from west wales where it all kicked off apparently lol 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5200286/mad-friday-mayhem-police-injured-christmas-holidays/

6 pissheads outside a boozer and 2  deluded old scrapper burds dressed as Santa 

Edited by WorkingPoor

I expect those images of typical Brit (ok some maybe west wales - Wales the nation of sanctuary xD) behaviour are shown all around the world as typical.  The Sun doing no favours as usual.

Edited by twocents

Partner did the food shopping today. Sainsbury's.

Parking a nightmare, the sound of horns going off, and inside - a slightly fractious atmosphere, and a look on peoples' faces as if to say "don't you dare get in my way today".

Well, one of us had to wait at home for deliveries to arrive, and it was always going to be me.

Because of the way the days fell this year - with the Friday before Christmas being so close to the big day - a lot of the office party crowd went out the Friday before. There would have only been a skeleton staff in my work today, and they'd have all fucked off home by lunchtime.

Yes my martial arts club did our xmas do last friday, bloody good night out at a Japanese restaurant, pissed up rotten on Sake, it was certainly liveler last friday.

Edited by WorkingPoor

4 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

Because of the way the days fell this year - with the Friday before Christmas being so close to the big day - a lot of the office party crowd went out the Friday before. There would have only been a skeleton staff in my work today, and they'd have all fucked off home by lunchtime.

I note that you're guessing through already having skived off before Friday!

Yes that seemed to be the way it worked this year, my big works Christmas do was the week before and the traffic was non-existent going in on Friday morning.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I note that you're guessing through already having skived off before Friday!

Yes that seemed to be the way it worked this year, my big works Christmas do was the week before and the traffic was non-existent going in on Friday morning.

It's a good guess. I'd put money on it.

xD

Agree. Very quiet in the pub for the Friday before Christmas /

Local spoons were expecting a big un on Thurs with loads pf staff on and Friday night bouncers . Us 6 middle age men had no trouble finding a table. .

England is changing and the culture shift is noticeable.

5 hours ago, DTMark said:

Parking a nightmare, the sound of horns going off, and inside - a slightly fractious atmosphere, and a look on peoples' faces as if to say "don't you dare get in my way today".

Well, one of us had to wait at home for deliveries to arrive, and it was always going to be me.

It is always like the last days in Saigon in the supermarkets, why? They will open again on the 26 or 27th.

Working behind the bar last night, it was no busier than a usual Friday night. Last w/end was very busy however. 

Sainsbury's was packed to the gunwales yesterday, I had to abort two-thirds of the way through as I was unable to traverse through the shite aisles. 

I'm just off shopping to a massive out of town mark's and spencers with youngest daughter. I did try and persuade her to get up so that we could be there as it opened. She is still in the shower, treating it as a normal trip to the shops, rather than a headlong dive into battle. 

Pray for me and if I make it, I will report back on how bonkers it is out there. 

Busy shopping.

Pubs busy but not like theyd have been 20 odd years ago.

Not sure if britain has chaged, or britain is broke.

Pubwise, Fridays out seem like mid weeks of 20 years ago.

Saying thst, somd are seitching to meals rather than just drinking.

30-40 years ago a lot of pub refused to let singke people in i.e. they only wanted matched pairs of both sexes arriving due to the problems of having unbalanced numbers of either sex.

Edited by spygirl

6 hours ago, DTMark said:

Any reason why you don't do online food shopping Mark?

I haven't been inside a supermarket for months. 

54 minutes ago, One percent said:

I'm just off shopping to a massive out of town mark's and spencers with youngest daughter. I did try and persuade her to get up so that we could be there as it opened. She is still in the shower, treating it as a normal trip to the shops, rather than a headlong dive into battle. 

Pray for me and if I make it, I will report back on how bonkers it is out there. 

i hope its not like jingle all the way or the opening scenes from krampus

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Busy shopping.

Not sure if btitain has chaged, or britain is broke.

Fridays out seem like mid weeks of 20 years ago.

It's probably partly to do with the death of the office drinking culture.

Youngsters these days just don't hit the pubs the way their parents and grandparents did.

This will have a creeping effect as that demographic takes over as the old guard retires and dies off.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

:Beer:

24 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Busy shopping.

Not sure if britain has chaged, or britain is broke.

Pubwise, Fridays out seem like mid weeks of 20 years ago.

Saying thst, somd are seitching to meals rather than just drinking.

30-40 years ago a lot of pub refused to let singke people in i.e. they only wanted matched pairs of both sexes arriving due to the problems of having unbalanced numbers of either sex.

pubs have been dying off for a long time to be fair,but if the shops have a shit time then somethings afoot.

17 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Youngsters these days just don't hit the pubs the way their parents and grandparents did.

This will have a creeping effect as that demographic takes over as the old guard retires and dies off.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

my two eldest are 25 one never goes the pub the other ventures out once a month,has little interest in anything except 30 quid a bottle whiskys,his gibsons and battering fk out of people on online games,i blame the games bit on myself

For some reason people using the word obviously when it isn't entirely obvious, obviously grinds my gears

quotey:

“Obviously a lot of people are drinking a lot more than they obviously would"

orly.gif?1320616743

Why go go to a pub and pay £3 plus for a pint and wait ages to be served at the bar when you can drink in your house?

I think drink driving and smoking laws have largely finished off the traditional boozer.

9 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Probably to be replaced with hipster hangouts and fucking frappaccino bars.

I'll make sure I'm long dead before that point.