• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Horrified Onlooker

Talk Talk Customer ‘Service’

As some will know, The Managing Director & I bought in a Shropshire village last September. In her wisdom she went with Talk Talk for phone, internet & idiot lantern. All was well for a few weeks. Then we lost the web, apparently our routers IP address fell off their register. This couldn’t be fixed remotely and we had to wait several weeks for a home visit, today. I have been home all morning waiting for the visit, and now they have informed herself that it cannot be resolved without having turned up.

Any other members have similar issues with them? 

Edited by Horrified Onlooker
Clarity

1 hour ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

As some will know, The Managing Director & I bought in a Shropshire village last September. In her wisdom she went with Talk Talk for phone, internet & idiot lantern. All was well for a few weeks. Then we lost the web, apparently our routers IP address fell off their register. This couldn’t be fixed remotely and we had to wait several weeks for a home visit, today. I have been home all morning waiting for the visit, and now they have informed herself that it cannot be resolved without having turned up.

Any other members have similar issues with them? 

They are shit.

The only reason you are having problems now is they did not fuck up in the installation.

Dont use talktalk. Ever.

Sorry to hear about Talk Talk -  I almost went with them back in October but read reviews online and decided at the last minute to avoid. I am hoping that they will improve in the next year or two but I see little incentive for them to do so.

Elderly chap near me, no family and depends on Virgin for hiis TV and internet, stopped me yesterday and asked me to come look at why he has had no TV or internet for 2 weeks. Said that he has had 4 Virgin engineers visit - 3 arrived and said they could find no problem, the 4th claimed that he came but got no answer.

I checked everything over and, whilst the router was registering some kind of connectivity with the Virgin network, no data traffic was moving in and out. I checked the router logs and there was no connection to any servers, no traffic, etc, etc. Inside the home all the connectivity to the TV and to his ipads, via wi fi, were connected fine. Just nothing happening in terms of data in and out of the property.

I have seen this before - the problem is either at the cabinet or some authentication at Virgin's end. They had put in a new router and new STB 2 weeks ago.

Now the poor sod was going to have to wait in today for a Virgin engineer. He was worried that no one would turn up. I feared the same. Have not seen him today so no idea  if anyone came but I fear he is going to be without conenctivity until the first week of January.

I managed to get freeview working on his TV. At least he will have that.

I used to be with Talk Talk joined them when they were Tiscali. My service was OK but I got fed up dealing with Bangalore whenever I had to call them.

Edited by UmBongo