• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

No blacks, no Irish, no carp

Again it's a question of how much "enrichment" a culture can take. At least this isn't "racist" as the perps are going to be pretty much 100% white. Poaching coarse fish is virtually unheard of by the native inhabitants so "generally" is pretty much a lie . People know they "could" eat pike, carp, perch etc. but they don't because they are British and understand that if we all did so there'd be fuck all fish within months. Bring in million of outsiders with no respect for either licensing or the rules and this happens. Also enforcement is somewhere approaching 0.

I notice the guy who brought the action at least in this article has said nothing about the fact that people are stealing the fish. Just that someone has called them out on it. Virtue signalling wanker. Get your countrymen to stop fucking poaching.

4 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

Again it's a question of how much "enrichment" a culture can take. At least this isn't "racist" as the perps are going to be pretty much 100% white. Poaching coarse fish is virtually unheard of by the native inhabitants so "generally" is pretty much a lie . People know they "could" eat pike, carp, perch etc. but they don't because they are British and understand that if we all did so there'd be fuck all fish within months. Bring in million of outsiders with no respect for either licensing or the rules and this happens. Also enforcement is somewhere approaching 0.

I notice the guy who brought the action at least in this article has said nothing about the fact that people are stealing the fish. Just that someone has called them out on it. Virtue signalling wanker. Get your countrymen to stop fucking poaching.

I mean, hes not said No to Northern Europeans.

Im sure Dutch and German Anglers are welcome.

Id guess this blokes problem is that he knows the EE dont put the fish back.

MOst crap lakes are pretty laid back - you buy the ticket, you fish and you are expected to put the fish back. They do not police it.

I imagine that there is quite a market stealing and flogging these to the Polish immigrant community here in the UK.

I was quite surprised when I found out some years ago that carp is what the Polish have for Christmas. I have no recollection of my father ever requesting we buy carp let alone eat he. He seemed happy enough with the turkey. Reading about this now makes me a bit sad though as I am now wondering whether my dad silently went along with a UK Christmas.

I am going to sit in the bath with a glass of whisky.

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42472722

Im sort of the with the verbally challenged fishery owner.

He should have said - No removing fish.

His problem is not with Polish anglers - who are similar to UK course anglers.

His problems is with someone whos national cuisine is based around carp and is prone to poach it, literally.

Its more to do with Polish peoples love of the outdoors be it fishing or foraging for mushrooms.

Of course if they are illegally taking fish or anything else they are not supposed to then the law is there to deal with them.

The problem with that sign is that it seems to indicate that there are no British poachers.

Anyway it is far less hassle just to buy Carp from a Polish shop as after you catch the Carp you have to probably keep it in the bath for a few days in freshwater otherwise it tastes of mud.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I imagine that there is quite a market stealing and flogging these to the Polish immigrant community here in the UK.

I was quite surprised when I found out some years ago that carp is what the Polish have for Christmas. I have no recollection of my father ever requesting we buy carp let alone eat he. He seemed happy enough with the turkey. Reading about this now makes me a bit sad though as I am now wondering whether my dad silently went along with a UK Christmas.

Have you ever had Carp?

Try dropping your battered cod into a muddy puddle first. And putting loads of bones in.

1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

Its more to do with Polish peoples love of the outdoors be it fishing or foraging for mushrooms.

Of course if they are illegally taking fish or anything else they are not supposed to then the law is there to deal with them.

The problem with that sign is that it seems to indicate that there are no British poachers.

Anyway it is far less hassle just to buy Carp from a Polish shop as after you catch the Carp you have to probably keep it in the bath for a few days in freshwater otherwise it tastes of mud.

Not of carp, no. Noone eats Carp. Or Pike.

Trout and Salmon yes.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Make sure you take your Carp out the bath before you get in.

4 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Carp always tastes of mud.  I used to marinade it in lemon/etc for ages to get it to taste nice.  And even then it just tasted of lemon.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Have you ever had Carp?

Try dropping your battered cod into a muddy puddle first. And putting loads of bones in.

Trout and Salmon yes.

Had mullet once that we caught somewhere near Lymington in the estuary.

Bloody disgusting it was.

They will take almost anything, Carp are top of the list, but Pike, Perch, Bream. Anything really. I've witnessed many arguments between bailiffs and EE visitors that oddly enough can't speak a word of english when challenged.

28 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

you can't physically police it.

the police won't interfere, it'll be a civil matter.

he has to be allowed to make a decision that allows his business to work.

You could police it.

You just need an exit turnstile and a cat.

Looks like he caught individuals poaching on a regular basis and got threatened. 

https://poaching.wordpress.com/category/poaching-in-the-u-k/

Barred: The Polish anglers who don’t let any get away

September 24, 2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206822/Barred-The-Polish-anglers-don-t-let-away.html

By  Helen Dowd
Last updated at 10:00 PM on 15th August 2009

Eastern Europeans have been banned from fishing at a lake – after the site owner claimed they were stealing his stock.

Farmer Billy Evans charges anglers £7 a day at his four-acre lake, which is stocked with thousands of pounds worth of carp, tench, roach and bream.

fishThe one that didn’t get away: Fish caught at Billy Evans’ lake have gone missing (file picture)

Anglers are permitted to keep two of the fish they catch per day from open waters – but
many private fisheries, such as Mr Evans’s, bar them from taking any.

Mr Evans, 71, of Field Farm Fisheries in Launton, Oxfordshire, said that there are normally 30,000 fish in his lake but that hundreds have been stolen by eastern European anglers.

A month ago he erected a large hand-made sign reading: ‘No Polish or Eastern Europe fishers allowed.’ Since then he claims that he has not caught anybody stealing his stock.

He said: ‘I’ve found groups of Poles bagging up the fish. I’ve been catching them red-handed and have seen them on CCTV leaving with bags of fish.

‘I’ve also caught them using barbed hooks, which tear the fish’s mouth when removed
and can kill them.

‘The eastern Europeans tend to fish in groups, not alone, and I caught one group which had four carrier bags full of half-dead fish. I told them it wasn’t allowed and one guy threatened me.

‘That was a month ago, and it was then I decided to ban them. Since then they haven’t been back and I’ve not seen anybody trying to steal from me.’

An Environment Agency spokesman said anyone stealing fish could be prosecuted.

But Thames Valley Police said no thefts from Mr Evans’s lake had been reported.

A spokesman for the Equality and Human Rights Commission said: ‘It is unlawful to be refused a service – or not to be given the same standard of service extended to others – on grounds of race.’

4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Was that aimed at TMT?

I assume you know how to keep a flapping carp calm while you take the picture?

Just Googled it,apparently you have to cover their eyes with something dark warm and wet,failing that put your finger or thumb in its mouth.

20 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Have you ever had Carp?

Trout and Salmon yes.

I managed to avoid it this year. Looking at the sideplate of bones my in-laws removed, I am happy with my choice. 

However I think I am going to regret the pinky ponk book with sounds that I got my daughter. 

4 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Just Googled it,apparently you have to cover their eyes with something dark warm and wet,failing that put your finger or thumb in its mouth.

Yep. You put your thumb in its mouth and it sucks away quite happily for as long as you want.

Now did TMT take the fish out of the bath or not?

39 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Will there be any water involved?

I'm sort of hoping not, as I don't see you as the type who follows the herd. 🙃

34 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

No fingers or thumbs in any orifice of mine - especially at Christmas.

14 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Will there be any water involved?

I'm sort of hoping not, as I don't see you as the type who follows the herd. 🙃

It was a sonic shower. I hummed the tune to Star Trek for 30 minutes and then fired some photon torpedoes for good effect.

1 hour ago, Captain Cavey said:

Likewise, this is discriminatory against the frequent lone wolves with mental illnesses and should be taken down.

17388898_130704_0408_43.jpg

no, that's to keep the street clear for ritual slaughter 

53 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

No fingers or thumbs in any orifice of mine - especially at Christmas.

It was a sonic shower. I hummed the tune to Star Trek for 30 minutes and then fired some photon torpedoes for good effect.

Don't use up all your theremin. Save some to attract the ladies. 

A spokesman for the Equality and Human Rights Commission said: ‘It is unlawful to be refused a service – or not to be given the same standard of service extended to others – on grounds of race.’

It's not really addressing the problem though is it.  It's waffling and avoiding it - and there's no comment by them about the threats made to the farmer and his family.

It's more like blaming the farmer for accurately identifying the source of the problem and trying to  do something to prevent it. 

No Equality and Human Rights for the farmer.

Edited by twocents