• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Sucralose Ray Leonard

UNICEF adverts

14 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

£3 for a thermal blanket. (Do other blankets exist?)

Having Olivia Colman and Liam Neeson look at me down the camera with puppy dog eyes fails miserably at grabbing my attention.

It's Doris the dinner Lady that struggles by on her lousy wage and has to put up with crap public transport and struggles to pay the bills that should be advertising. I might give a shit then.

This must be my Bah Humbug thread. Miserable twat that I am.

I get you.

You want a charity to subsidise public sector wages. Are tax credits not high enough?

Just asking

7 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

I get you.

You want a charity to subsidise public sector wages. Are tax credits not high enough?

Just asking

How would the charity subsidise her wages? I'd like to think the 2 mentioned would have given up thier time for free. My point is why should I care just because it has a famous face?

They have time and money to care. (Or pretend to care) Doris has enough shit going on in her world.

2 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

How would the charity subsidise her wages? I'd like to think the 2 mentioned would have given up thier time for free. My point is why should I care just because it has a famous face?

They have time and money to care. (Or pretend to care) Doris has enough shit going on in her world.

I took your post as no charity for whatever but why no charity for skint dinner ladies. If I've read you wrong sorry and I'll fuck off. 

You should care because perhaps you should care

We live in a celebrity age; I hate it. I suspect it works on generation Facebook

If sleb charity campaigns didn't work they would be dropped PDQ. 

24 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

I get you.

Just asking

I doubt tax credits will ever line the pockets of people like Doris the dinner lady or John the B&Q worker. 

If they’re young and have kids tax credits will top them up handsomely.

If they’re single they’ll get nowt or perhaps a token ten pounds a week tax credits and 25% off their council tax.

I dont mind the UNICEF ad .. but ...

Its a bit late isnt it? Syria been blowing itself up for years.

Surely an org like UNICEF ought to have regional stockpiles of what they are asking for - temp shelter, food, water.

And .. UNICEF is a kids charity. Syria is not a child only war, its a nasty civil war.

SYria would be best sorted out by regional bodies such as Red Cresent and other UN bodies.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I looked at the their site. They have a bit on the UK:

https://www.unicef.org.uk/what-we-do/our-uk-work/

'Almost 4 million UK children live in poverty. Obesity and mental health problems are rising. And many thousands are in danger from violence, abuse and neglect every day.'

I take that to mean that almost 4 million children have shitty parents.

5 minutes ago, NTB said:

Bascially.

Unicef and the likes of Brown have fucked up the meaning of being in poverty.

When you listen to their definition, they declare it as 'being in household with less than 60% of the average eernings'

Which is dumb on many reasons, esp,. when they dont say whtehr the household have someone of working age in work.

There's no poverty in the UK. There;s shit parents and shit social services.

9 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

4 million is a hugely insane stupid number.

Im guessing that 4m would be half the kids in the UK.

Trust me, even the kids on pupil premium are a long way from poor.

I guess obesity is a sign of poverty.

And having too many material possessions.

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

4 million is a hugely insane number.

It is, but it statistical inflation, it’s lost its value.

its in the unbelievable territory and so can be dismissed completely. It will not stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

100,000 is alao a high number, if that’s the real level of children literally starving in the streets of the UK it would be enough to get me to listen, at 4 million I’m instantly tuned out, it’s not real or any sort of reasonable measure. 

Ive no doubt as a child I would have been well within that 4 million statistic.

I'll never really  understand why those adverts aren't directed at the bankers bailed out to the tune of trillions rather than the average person who has been forced to subsidise the bailouts.

I never see charity workers guilt tripping the banks at the banking outlets but they're regularly presenting a guilt trip to customers at the end of the supermarket queue.

4 hours ago, NTB said:

and it'll never end.  The definition of poverty just keeps changing.

Edited by twocents

Yep, the only bona fide genuinely poor left in the UK are the crazy, the feckless, a selection of childless white males and people who shouldn't be here anyway and haven't yet worked out how to milk the system.

And I've had it up to here with wealthy celebs telling everyone else why we're such bad people and or to donate lots to their pet causes. Merry Christmas and feck off.

6 hours ago, NTB said:

we are all in danger from violence every day.  Its a meaningless claim.

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Think of poor Bamba, he's sleeping out side in temperatures down to -25C as he struggles across Europe to find a new life in the UK. He hopes to become a professional footballer.

cold.png

And I want to move to Vancouver become an astronaut and shack up with a trio of modelscumactresses. One redheaded, one blonde and one with Raven hair.

But we don't always get what we want, do we?

2 minutes ago, Melchett said:

And I want to move to Vancouver become an astronaut and shack up with a trio of modelscumactresses. One redheaded, one blonde and one with Raven hair.

But we don't always get what we want, do we?

But, but, but he is entitled. Entitled to everything you have worked hard for. o.O

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Think of poor Bamba, he's sleeping out side in temperatures down to -25C as he struggles across Europe to find a new life in the UK. He hopes to become a professional footballer.

cold.png

Why move from a hot climate if he doesn't like the cold?