• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long time lurking

Bus of peace ?

Looks bizarre but not odd for Russia. If you go to Liveleak they have some horrific car, lorry and bus accidents far too regularly. Hopefully it is just a dreadful accident. The video does seem to back up the driver's explanation. But, in these times, it also looks a tad suspect.

There's an horrific video of it on liveleak - I wish I had not seen it so probably best not to look.

Apparently the bus has an automatic transmission (he's quoted as saying an automatic stick).  I suppose it's possible that something suddenly went wrong mechanically with that but it would be a bit unlucky for it to just become apparent immediately he released the handbrake (and then not to be able to apply the brakes - maybe the surface was extremely slippery with ice for the brakes to hold).  You would think there'd be some signs of the transmission starting to fail before that but maybe not.

It also seems a bit unlucky for the victims that he parked the bus at a bit of an angle to the pavement so he missed the bus in front and then went down into the ramp area - otherwise he would have been stopped by the bus in front.

Any of the reasons given by those involved are plausible I suppose.

Edited by twocents

23 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Looks bizarre but not odd for Russia. If you go to Liveleak they have some horrific car, lorry and bus accidents far too regularly. Hopefully it is just a dreadful accident. The video does seem to back up the driver's explanation. But, in these times, it also looks a tad suspect.

There's an horrific video of it on liveleak - I wish I had not seen it so probably best not to look.

That's why I gave up liveleak. Some of the stuff you see on it takes a long time to forget.