• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
SpectrumFX

Sexual harassment is a crime committed by beta-males who think they can get away with alpha behaviour.

Recommended Posts

It's not what you do. It's who you are.

xD

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3608577/Its-OK-for-alpha-males.html

The difference between harassment and flirtatious banter can be bewilderingly obscure even at the time - let alone when it is recalled out of context, in front of a judge.

The first imponderable that needs to be considered is atmosphere. In an office where sexual equality is taken for granted, a bit of light chauvinism can be quite entertaining. A very clever, successful friend of mine used to have a running joke with her boss. "You know, Susanna," he would say, "I only hired you for your looks." "Oh Jon," she would simper, performing a little pirouette of joy. "Do you really mean that?"

Which brings me to the second imponderable: men who are funny and charismatic and easy with women can get away with almost anything. One of my favourite colleagues has a habit of waggling his eyebrows suggestively at me across the room, while his hands describe an hourglass shape in the air. I find it very cheering. From a less charming man, such behaviour would be horrid - perhaps even actionable.

Sexual harassment is a crime committed by beta-males who think they can get away with alpha behaviour. But that is a distinction too delicate for the blunt instrument of the law. How do you explain to a judge why one man's comedy is another man's bone-chilling lechery? And can we really expect the beta-males themselves to understand the difference?

The headache of defining sexual harassment will never go away. But there is reason to hope that, eventually, the problem itself may peter out. The working world is becoming increasingly feminine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

It's not what you do. It's who you are.

xD

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3608577/Its-OK-for-alpha-males.html

The difference between harassment and flirtatious banter can be bewilderingly obscure even at the time - let alone when it is recalled out of context, in front of a judge.

The first imponderable that needs to be considered is atmosphere. In an office where sexual equality is taken for granted, a bit of light chauvinism can be quite entertaining. A very clever, successful friend of mine used to have a running joke with her boss. "You know, Susanna," he would say, "I only hired you for your looks." "Oh Jon," she would simper, performing a little pirouette of joy. "Do you really mean that?"

Which brings me to the second imponderable: men who are funny and charismatic and easy with women can get away with almost anything. One of my favourite colleagues has a habit of waggling his eyebrows suggestively at me across the room, while his hands describe an hourglass shape in the air. I find it very cheering. From a less charming man, such behaviour would be horrid - perhaps even actionable.

Sexual harassment is a crime committed by beta-males who think they can get away with alpha behaviour. But that is a distinction too delicate for the blunt instrument of the law. How do you explain to a judge why one man's comedy is another man's bone-chilling lechery? And can we really expect the beta-males themselves to understand the difference?

The headache of defining sexual harassment will never go away. But there is reason to hope that, eventually, the problem itself may peter out. The working world is becoming increasingly feminine.

Yep it`s a fine line ,if the guy`s a munter the chances are it`s going to be sexual assault not a flirtatious pass , theres a thread on here along these lines ...have the telegraph found DOSBODS

Edited by Long time lurking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's also vice versa though, an attractive woman squeezing my arm evokes a smile, an awkward fat woman doing it makes me feel awkward.  You have to go off cues to.judge how far it's welcome and in what circumstance.  That's life.

Though what it has to do with the law f knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fully Detached said:

The action is the same in both cases. What differs is your reaction to it. In which case, it's your problem.

It's really quite simple to understand when you're not a fucking idiot.

I must take issue with that statement.

I am a fucking idiot - and yet it is still perfectly understandable to me...!

;)

 

XYY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

I must take issue with that statement.

I am a fucking idiot - and yet it is still perfectly understandable to me...!

;)

 

XYY

 

Ah yes, but you're probably an alpha fucking idiot, in which case it's perfectly alright :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Yep it`s a fine line ,if the guy`s a munter the chances are it`s going to be sexual assault not a flirtatious pass , theres a thread on here along these lines ...have the telegraph found DOSBODS

 

6 hours ago, Fully Detached said:
  12 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

I find it very cheering. From a less charming man, such behaviour would be horrid - perhaps even actionable.

Sexual harassment is a crime committed by beta-males who think they can get away with alpha behaviour. But that is a distinction too delicate for the blunt instrument of the law.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spygirl said:

The Economists Christmas leader was about women being sexually harrassed by men.

Now, I admit that the theres more men harassing women.

However, it all depend where the power lies.

professional work wise, Ive always worked mainly with other men. Ive really not witnessed or been aware of any sexual harassment - jsu tthe sort of job I do.

However, when I was doing crap jobs, the sexual harassment was all of women on me.

I worked in a hotel where the female/male ration was 80/20 - all sexual harassment was women against men.

Then worked in in a sewing place. Ration 90/10 - again, arse grabbed, comments, full on.

Now if the TE is to be fair then it needs to be against all sexual harassment.

Id bet big money that sexual harassment iof females against men is prevalent in any environment where women outnumber male - nursing, teaching, etc.

Its only b4ecuase the work environment where they are looking - private business Hollywood, are dominated by men - at the mo.

My mate worked on a cruise ship for a few years. If a day went by when he wasn't sexually harassed by a male it was a rare thing.

About as rare as a straight male on a cruise ship - or target rich environment as he called it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I did not say what you quoted O.o

Ooh, no sorry! That was aimed at the writer, not you :Jumping:

I just highlighted the text and a little icon popped up saying "quote" - I didn't realise it would attribute it to you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fully Detached said:

Ooh, no sorry! That was aimed at the writer, not you :Jumping:

I just highlighted the text and a little icon popped up saying "quote" - I didn't realise it would attribute it to you :) 

 I think there may be a bug i just noticed one of my post that`s similar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.