• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Something odd on an LA to Japan flight

A flight from LA to Japan turned backed after over 4 hours into its flight. The reason given was that one passenger was on the wrong flight.

When it got back to LA the passenger and 3 other passengers sat near him were supposedly arrested and taken away.

Some people have claimed that the remaining 150 or so passengers were made to sign NDA's.

Christine Teigen - singer? - was on the flight and has been tweeting about this.

Some are claiming it is an anti-terrorist rule that if an unknown passenger has sneaked aboard they are unsure what else is aboard. Presumably, you would then fly at the closest airport and not make such a long flight back. There were apparently closer airports to land at.

You presumably also would not tell anyone that you were diverting the flight. You would just announce a new destination prior to landing.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Some are claiming it is an anti-terrorist rule that if an unknown passenger has sneaked aboard they are unsure what else is aboard. Presumably, you would then fly at the closest airport and not make such a long flight back. There were apparently closer airports to land at.

You presumably also would not tell anyone that you were diverting the flight. You would just announce a new destination prior to landing.

Exactly, Seattle would have been closer. Very strange.

Very strange. 

On my recent flight back from Tenerife they were going to stop every passenger from leaving the plane on arrival and call in the police as some dopy burd had lost her Iphone on the flight.

Yep. One Iphone. Apparently because it was high value they have to do this ?! 

Luckily it popped out from under somewhere as the plane touched down. 

What would the law be in this situation ? They couldn't search everyone - could they ? 

Just because you are on the planed isn't make you an I stand suspect ? 

Anyway I'm taking this awol. 

I've often thought that passports don't really "work". I think it's near impossible to match a person to a 1 inch high passport photo which could be ten years old... I'd imagine I could use my brothers passport to get on a plane.

Lets be honest, Chinese and black people look very similar... 

Bring in biometric controls.

I can only guess that the errant passenger turned out to be somebody that US officials really didn't want to allow to leave the US. The more I hear about how air passengers are treated over there, the less inclination I have to go anywhere near the place.

Banded snails (Cepaea nemoralis and hortensis) come in different colours and patterns. A thrush will get a search image based upon what is the commonest variety and focus upon those ignoring others, until that type becomes less common and then it will get a search image for another type, this can set up an oscillation in snail patterns in a hedgerow. it is similar to, but not the same as when

Surrounded by white people, white is no good as a discriminator, so we have to notice facial shapes, subtle height differences, gait etc. Whereas 'Black' is enough to separate out a few blacks, and so they all look the same because we don't need to look any closer (you know all this); that is, until you live among them.

It's based upon the visual cues that are good enough. We are sensibly, lazy.

Edited by Hopeful

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Banded snails (Cepaea nemoralis and hortensis) come in different colours and patterns. A thrush will get a search image based upon what is the commonest variety and focus upon those ignoring others, until that type becomes less common and then it will get a search image for another type, this can set up an oscillation in snail patterns in a hedgerow. it is similar to, but not the same as when

Surrounded by white people, white is no good as a discriminator, so we have to notice facial shapes, subtle height differences, gait etc. Whereas 'Black' is enough to separate out a few blacks, and so they all look the same because we don't need to look any closer (you know all this); that is, until you live among them.

It's based upon the visual cues that are good enough

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

A flight from LA to Japan turned backed after over 4 hours into its flight. The reason given was that one passenger was on the wrong flight.

When it got back to LA the passenger and 3 other passengers sat near him were supposedly arrested and taken away.

Some people have claimed that the remaining 150 or so passengers were made to sign NDA's.

Christine Teigen - singer? - was on the flight and has been tweeting about this.

I dunno who Christine Teigen is but her James Franco 'spicious' quip had me guffawing like a twat, awesome gag, good on her, and good on you TMT for posting this stuff. Sounds really strange taking the plane back to the original airport 4 hours into the flight.

4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

It's based upon the visual cues that are good enough. We are sensibly, lazy.

When dealing with a large group of African males, who had just entered a European country, some years back.

It seemed that they could not distinguish between red haired ,bearded and dark haired, clean shaven white men.

Also found many ethnics relied on the fact that white people had trouble recognising facial differences within ethnicities.

Used to really piss them off, when I knew who they were :D

2 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

When dealing with a large group of African males, who had just entered a European country, some years back.

It seemed that they could not distinguish between red haired ,bearded and dark haired, clean shaven white men.

Also found many ethnics relied on the fact that white people had trouble recognising facial differences within ethnicities.

Used to really piss them off, when I knew who they were :D

If you have a load of warriors heading towards you over the hill, you need to discriminate friend from foe ASAP. And if colour does it, that's all you need. But, when all planes look the same we need to stick logos on them.

Just now, Hopeful said:

If you have a load of warriors heading towards you over the hill, you need to discriminate friend from foe ASAP. And if colour does it, that's all you need. But, when all planes look the same we need to stick logos on them.

Exactly right, they never twigged that I was only "tagging" the trouble makers :D