• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

UK Governmental body Public Health England (is there a Welsh/Scottish one) has revised its calorie intake guidlines down from 2000 Women 2500 Men to 1600 for both sexes as men are now Beta Cucks who do nothing.

Apparently we are all eating on average 300 calories too much per day so are becoming fat bastards as a result.

Men have accordingly been punished by 900 Calories and Women by 400 Calories.

A simple search shows how little work has gone into this https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1600+calories  probably just a bit of clicking about the net by a grad.

1,600-Calorie-a-Day Meal Plan | LIVESTRONG.COM

They could have said, get off your lardy arses and get some exercise as 300 calories is 4 miles on a bike or a bit of walking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5213825/Brits-told-limit-meals-just-1-600-calories-day.html

If I ate this below I would faint and keel over after a couple of weeks, mind you I wouldn't have any energy to take to the streets to overthrow the government.

47963C3500000578-5213825-image-m-6_15143

Edited by Chewing Grass
no fudge allowed on this diet

It looks like made up nonsense to me*.

Anyway, the problem isn't in defining an amount to eat.  The problem lies in making people eat less food.  This diet looks poorly planned (just a calorie counting exercise) and will just result in people being permanently ravenous.

I think I'll just ignore it.

[* but it will have 'bad' consequences.  'Official' food sources (staff canteens, hospital/school food, etc) will now work to these guidelines, resulting in people eating crisps and chocolate to stave off the starve, which is the sort of food that starts up a hunger->eat cycle]

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If the government genuinely wanted a fit and healthy population they should issue a tender for food manufacturers to produce day packs of food for sale in supermarkets.

They'd all be special and designed by a committee made up of Jamie Oliver, Heston Blumenthal and the Hairy Bikers.  They'd make up some nonsense food, and then the manufacturers would make it into some sort of weird tasting gruel.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

People aren't that disciplined or going to start working out the calories of everything they eat.

If the government genuinely wanted a fit and healthy population they should issue a tender for food manufacturers to produce day packs of food for sale in supermarkets.

So you buy seven of those for the week, you know they're going to be a balanced diet, and you know you can't eat anything else do you don't buy anything else.

Tbh I'd love it as I have a vanishingly small interest in food (bar foraging which is more of a garnish) and to be able to pick up seven packs to do the week, every week, would suit me down to the ground.

They would also stop food manufacturers from adulterating out food with hydrogenated fats and corn syrups. Instead they have pushed manufacturers to reduce the salt, with no real scientific evidence that it is bad for us. 

1 minute ago, dgul said:

They'd all be special and designed by a committee made up of Jamie Oliver, Heston Blumenthal and the Hairy Bikers.  They'd make up some nonsense food, and then the manufacturers would make it into some sort of weird tasting gruel.

Soylent green?  

7 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

1600 calories? That's just 9 pints of beer or 7½ pints of Guinness! There won't be any calories left for pork scratchings. 

Agreed. I eat less than 1600 calories a day and then use liquid supplements to take up the slack.

54 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

People aren't that disciplined or going to start working out the calories of everything they eat.

So you buy seven of those for the week, you know they're going to be a balanced diet, and you know you can't eat anything else do you don't buy anything else.

Tbh I'd love it as I have a vanishingly small interest in food (bar foraging which is more of a garnish) and to be able to pick up seven packs to do the week, every week, would suit me down to the ground.

Here you are.

https://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj8uDhMSs2AIVrbftCh3EsgbZEAAYASAAEgLFZvD_BwE

You even get it delivrred

1600 would be a starvation diet for me, I lost 35lb last year over 4 months on 2000 cal a day, a 1000 cal deficit on the 3,000 cal I was burning. I know my calorie counting was accurate as I was losing weight at the right rate for my calorie budget.

This stinks of another Government guideline where they over exaggerate the target, knowing that most people will miss the target, but perhaps try a little harder. They did the same with alcohol.

In reality, people will eventually realise 1600 a lie, and learn to distrust other government advice that might actually be correct.

Edit: you can find many BMR (base metabolic rate) calulators on line, these calculate the number of calories you burn a day just to maintain your weight, ignoring all exercise, so what you would burn if you just stayed in bed all day. For me it is 1700 calories.

Edited by snagger

50 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

The less said about this the better :ph34r:

Oy !!

I've actually been off the exercise for about a month now. Bashed my knee whilst smashed and long holidays right now. So I'm firmly on the beer + local food diet. 

Thing is being away from the office lifestyle in the UK - my cake / chocolate / general processed food shite intake has basically stopped. 

Don't think I've put on too much weight.

The 2500 / 2000 was too high for most sedentary brits 

at 2500 a man would steadily blow up with a sedentary lifestyle and desk job. 

1600 will cut anyone down to size in 3 months 

but......they cant stay at 1600 or they'll waste away so would need to get back to more around 2000 for men & 1800 for women

(women would loose weight quite slowly at 1600 i found women can cut right down to 1000 / 1200 to drop weight) 

I used to make up 4 tupperware cartons of 4 meals each with 300 cals (1200) 

eat them at 3hr intervals throughout the day 

that left me 400 cals for 4 bottled lagers or a couple of chocalate bars 

The 1600 advice is actually dangerous without explaining that its to loose weight and must be increased back to a higher maintanance level 

(calorie control is the simplest way for the average joe to do it, because lets face it they are not going to be looking into low carb / intermittant fasting are tey?)

Edited by WorkingPoor

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

UK Governmental body Public Health England (is there a Welsh/Scottish one) has revised its calorie intake guidlines down from 2000 Women 2500 Men to 1600 for both sexes as men are now Beta Cucks who do nothing.

Apparently we are all eating on average 300 calories too much per day so are becoming fat bastards as a result.

Men have accordingly been punished by 900 Calories and Women by 400 Calories.

A simple search shows how little work has gone into this https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1600+calories  probably just a bit of clicking about the net by a grad.

1,600-Calorie-a-Day Meal Plan | LIVESTRONG.COM

They could have said, get off your lardy arses and get some exercise as 300 calories is 4 miles on a bike or a bit of walking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5213825/Brits-told-limit-meals-just-1-600-calories-day.html

If I ate this below I would faint and keel over after a couple of weeks, mind you I wouldn't have any energy to take to the streets to overthrow the government.

47963C3500000578-5213825-image-m-6_15143

Why have a snack of 10 almonds ans a satsuma when you can have about 140 blueberries?

Edited by The Generation Game

13 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Why have a snack of 10 almonds ans a satsuma when you can have about 140 blueberries?

almonds are great for dieting, high in fat/protein so no sugar rush to drive the hunger/eat cycle. I'd cut out the satsuma and eat more almonds.

Edited by snagger

8 minutes ago, BigV said:

I've no idea what a calorie is, or how many of them i need. 

In fact, i never put weight on, regardless of what I eat. 

Calories are little gremlins that hide in your wardrobe and slowly sew your clothes a bit tighter each month

If anyones really interested in all this there is an epic thread over at TOS called "The road to 10% Bodyfat" 

All 10,000 pages of it! 

7 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Calories are little gremlins that hide in your wardrobe and slowly sew your clothes a bit tighter each month

If anyones really interested in all this there is an epic thread over at TOS called "The road to 10% Bodyfat" 

All 10,000 pages of it! 

I'm sure ToNA will give us a précis.