• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Population growth in Nort East Africa

Would you look at this:

nile_700x700_chart2_population_v4.png

So in 1950 there were 53m people in the region and there are now 300m goingt to 400m.

When the next dry spell hits it's going to be chaos. 

Interestingly buried away within this article from (and my sincere apologies for this) the So-Called BBC is that Arab states are buying up agricultural land by the Nile for commercial production; so that's not going to feed these populations either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/death_of_the_nile 

Wasnt the uprising in Egypt said to be because of the price of grain/bread and  the other basic dietary  requirements ,when demand outstrips supply the end result is always going to be the same ,,,just look at hosing here with the caveat banks were not handing out mortgages for bread in Egypt 

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Would you look at this:

nile_700x700_chart2_population_v4.png

So in 1950 there were 53m people in the region and there are now 300m goingt to 400m.

When the next dry spell hits it's going to be chaos. 

Interestingly buried away within this article from (and my sincere apologies for this) the So-Called BBC is that Arab states are buying up agricultural land by the Nile for commercial production; so that's not going to feed these populations either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/death_of_the_nile 

Just as well these are well run, productive countries ....

I had a post pulled from TOS. From memory, I commented about a Sudanese refugee.

I had some reply saying 'Well, they must be escaping something!'

Looking at the population growth, it looks like Sudanese refugees are escaping other Sudanese.

I mena, the person said - It must be terrible - war and starvation. In which case, youd expect the population to halve not double.

Need to draw a line in the sand and ban any person from countries - inc. Pakistan - where the population grow is nuts.

Did they know it was Christmas.  Did Geldof remind them.  He was going to feed them as well.

Maybe he's given up that is apart from the royalties.

Edited by twocents

Aid to Africa is just completely messed up. We feed Africans and it just puts pressure on the natural environment as more Africans cut down trees for firewood and farmland. We build a nice new road in Africa and it means that areas of forest etc can now be logged.

I honestly think morally it's wrong to give charity to Africa.... 

The best thing for Africans is that white people went back to run their countries and hand out contraception.

7 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Aid to Africa is just completely messed up. We feed Africans and it just puts pressure on the natural environment as more Africans cut down trees for firewood and farmland. We build a nice new road in Africa and it means that areas of forest etc can now be logged.

The best thing for Africans is that white people went back to run their countries and hand out contraception.

Government foreign aid goes something like this gov gives £x to country X for lests say building schools hospitals infrastructure when the money is handed over they then say we would like you to meet mr X who is shit hot at building schools hospitals infrastructure ...mr X fills their pockets  UK GDP rises.then add in Mr banker who is more than willing to lend the extra ...rinse an repeat enough times then when they are up to their eyeballs in debt ....you own them and the infrastructure...everyone's minted bar the poor bastards you were "helping"  

19 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

It doesn't need to be white people. 

Someone with an understanding of what needs doing would be fine, whatever their colour.

Someone very wise said in the LiveAid hysteria that contraception should go hand in hand with famine relief.   The key is contraception.  Why the hell would any woman in her right mind want to bang out 20 babies in 20 years?

I have no knowledge of the Bill Gates foundation but interested to know how much is spent on birth control.

That sort of population growth is properly scary to me. And I really don't know how politicians cannot see that this is a nightmare situation developing right in front of our eyes! Helping them to become more and more populous is clearly NOT the answer IMO!

The world's current population strategy:

Every country does what it likes in terms of long term population strategy

• If it messes up and has a population crunch and it has the money then they get other country's folk to move to it, and hang the consequences.
  • If it messes up and has a population surge / famine then get people to migrate away.

This would seem to encourage countries to not plan properly over a medium-long timescale.

A better approach would be to make all countries completely responsible for their mistakes.  This would encourage a proper long term planning.  So, things like:

• If you muck up your population dynamics and have a old-people-crisis, then you have to just work it out. 
  • If you muck up your population dynamics and have unsustainable overpopulation, you just have to work it out.

This might be painful for a few countries, but the populations would soon work out that they'd better question their politicians about how their decisions affect the long term sustainability of said country.

1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

It doesn't need to be white people. 

Someone with an understanding of what needs doing would be fine, whatever their colour.

Tbh, it's becoming increasingly clear that africans don't have the ability to run countries successfully... It's also becoming clear that africans prefer to be in countries run by whites.... 

The most senior "african" politican in the UK is Dianne Abbot... It's no wonder that Africa is a mess....

14 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, it's becoming increasingly clear that africans don't have the ability to run countries successfully... It's also becoming clear that africans prefer to be in countries run by whites.... 

The most senior "african" politican in the UK is Dianne Abbot... It's no wonder that Africa is a mess....

Aw come on, that's very unfair. There is also david lamy. 

Usually where this mismatch between population and the ability to feed it ends up is in a massive land war which takes down the population to the level that each country can support.

Hopefully now we don't have mad Blair in charge we can stay out if it.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Aw come on, that's very unfair. There is also david lamy. 

Yeah... Can anyone imagine Dianne Abbot and David Lammy actually achieving anything for their electorates? Dianne is clearly the token black who was promoted far beyond her ability and David clearly plays the "I'm a black man, vote for me" with his black electorate.

Same thing is happening in the middle east region as well - and guess what - a lot of these people will be trying to flood to Europe.  Not sure where the whole Brexit mess will end up but we need to get a grip on our borders and welfare system ahead of this population surge over the next 30 years.

As an aside, this will no doubt keep a steady production line for Jihadis in operation as well.

32 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Ex boyfriend's father was an ex pat mining engineer in Zambia.  He thought that if Africans were left to their own devices they would not have invented the paper clip.  He was instructed to train a Zambian to eventually take over his role.  Bloke couldn't use a calculator..