• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

shindigger

RIP Girl murdered Finsbury Park

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

It amazes me that in a city like London someone can be lying in a park for several days unseen. Saddens me.

If its the pavillion im thinking of, it can be seen from near the junction of Vale road. About 2-300 yards away. Walked that road many times in the 90s.

1 minute ago, shindigger said:

If its the pavillion im thinking of, it can be seen from near the junction of Vale road. About 2-300 yards away. Walked that road many times in the 90s.

Mail has a photo of a tent outside the pavilion. So she appears to have been lying on the ground right by it.

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

It amazes me that in a city like London someone can be lying in a park for several days unseen. Saddens me.

The mail reporting her body was found in a outbuilding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5218079/Woman-feared-murdered-Christmas-Eve.html

Edited by montecristo

Just now, gibbon said:

Wonder what made her walk through the park at night? Walking London streets alone at night makes you feel like a target let alone parks. 

I would imagine that she was dragged into the park from the road. The main road through there is essentially the park on one side and dos houses on the other. 

Poor woman. 

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Finsbury Park used to be an absolutely crap-hole so it doesn’t entirely surprise me - just another pile of rubbish to be ignored unless you look closely. Agreed that it’s extremely sad though. :(

6 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Finsbury Park used to be is an absolutely crap-hole so it doesn’t entirely surprise me - just another pile of rubbish to be ignored unless you look closely. Agreed that it’s extremely sad though. :(

Corrected for you. :)

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

Pub and restaurant workers are very vulnerable to attack when they get off shift in the early hours of the morning, expecially young attractive women walking home on their own. Part and parcel innit. 

Absolutely. When I worked in a pub in Birmingham, someone was shot at my regular bus stop 15 minutes after I was there. One of the many nails in the coffin of me leaving the trade.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Det Chief Supt Des Fahy said extra officers had been deployed for reassurance.

"We understand that the local community might have concerns, but I want to reassure people that incidents of this nature are incredibly rare," he said.

Incredibly rare?  Just saying that doesn't make it true.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/01/four-young-men-killed-in-london-new-year-stabbings

The three deaths on Sunday bring the total number of fatal stabbings in 2017 to 80, Scotland Yard confirmed.

That's only the stabbings.

Then there's the rest.

Edited by twocents

15 minutes ago, twocents said:

Incredibly rare?  Just saying that doesn't make it true.

Random murders are still quite rare, most of the killing is gang related. What isn't rare is assault and robbery. I used to work with someone who lived in Leytonstone. I occasionally had to pick him up or drop him off at odd hours. He needed the fingers of both hands to count the number of times he'd been robbed. It didn't seem to bother him!

If you go to the wrong places at the wrong times you will be mugged at some point. 

4 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Random murders are still quite rare, most of the killing is gang related. What isn't rare is assault and robbery. I used to work with someone who lived in Leytonstone. I occasionally had to pick him up or drop him off at odd hours. He needed the fingers of both hands to count the number of times he'd been robbed. It didn't seem to bother him!

If you go to the wrong places at the wrong times you will be mugged at some point. 

The area on the Central Line from South Woodford through to Bethnal Green was and probably is still, is a complete shithole.

3 minutes ago, DTMark said:

The area on the Central Line from South Woodford through to Bethnal Green was and probably is still, is a complete shithole.

South Woodford is nice but like the rest of London is going down the pan at a rate of knots. 

46 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

London used to be hyper violent and dangerous.  MP's stabbed on parliament green for robbery, not political purposes.

the UK took hundreds of years to develop a society and legal system where such violence became very rare.  Thrown away in under 50 years.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

It depends on what you call rare or incredibly rare.  To me nearly 2 fatal stabbings a week isn't either even if some is random gangsterism.  Then there's the complacency of the Det Chief Sup with all the other stats on top  - complacency probably born of part and parcel.  

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)

'Watson, never go East of Woolwich without a revolver.'

S.Holmes.

Thinking about it, that was quite a reasonable view in Victorian times. Victorian houses including my grans had massive window shutters and bars, huge thick front doors with heavy chains and generally 3 bolts.

They needed them.

Fortunately for them, they were not plagued by idiots like Steptoe and his SJW warriors.

Edited by Byron

10 hours ago, Byron said:

S.Holmes.

Thinking about it, that was quite a reasonable view in Victorian times. Victorian houses including my grans had massive window shutters and bars, huge thick front doors with heavy chains and generally 3 bolts.

They needed them.

Fortunately for them, they were not plagued by idiots like Steptoe and his SJW warriors.

In Victorian times there was no welfare state and people were grindingly poor. People were driven to crime by desperation but it was culturally denigrated, now criminality has cultural status. Very different motivations.

12 hours ago, Byron said:

S.Holmes.

They needed them.

I always thought the he said 'Watson, never go East of the Aldwych without a revolver.'