• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Peak EU

Well, I hope it’s peak, even though the cynic in me says that Treason May will find some way to keep us as members in all but name...

So, I’m back in God’s own visiting my mum for Christmas and New Year and, yesterday, we went to Thirsk to do a bit of shopping. I haven’t been there in probably a decade although I have been to Easingwold quite a few times in that period. In general I was quite surprised how much it’s changed since I was last there - probably 75% turnover of shops I’d guess - but the thing that really caught my eye was a pair of Romanian beggars (I guess Romanian from overhearing their conversation) selling the Big Issue outside the co-op. In 45 years of my memory I have never seen a single beggar of any description panhandling in any North Yorkshire market town. I was actually shocked at the incongruity of it.

The sooner we leave and cut off the supply of professional layabouts the better. 

I remember tramps from the olden days.  They did the odd bit of begging but were usually okay.  You could have a chat with them when they were sober and they'd give reasonable conversation 1/2 of the time.

This type of 'professional' begging is entirely different.

21 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I've got to say I didn't notice anyone offering them anything!

The way it used to be is that Big Issue sellers were self-employed and thus eligible for working tax credits.  They didn't actually need to sell any.  I thought this had been stopped, though.  Perhaps the problem is that councils in the south have stopped this sort of thing while those in the north haven't caught up yet?

35 minutes ago, eight said:

We have four in Darlington. Just how much demand for the Big Issue is there?

Perhaps we should start a rival publication and sell ours on their "patch"...?

Needs a snappy title to be a success though.

I know - how about "These Cunts ARE The Big Fucking Issue"...!

XYY

9 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Perhaps we should start a rival publication and sell ours on their "patch"...?

Needs a snappy title to be a success though.

I know - how about "These Cunts ARE The Big Fucking Issue"...!

XYY

The weird thing is there are more Big Issue sellers than there are newsagents selling every other publication under, over, behind, around, within and, indeed, including The Sun.

Just now, eight said:

The weird thing is there are more Big Issue sellers than there are newsagents selling every other publication under, over, behind, around, within and, indeed, including The Sun.

Sadly, that could well be true.

Ah for the days when a newsagent would discreetly wait until the shop was empty bar you and him - and then sell you a copy "Razzle" or "Treasure Chests"...!

;)

XYY

EU beggars really boil my piss. One minute we're getting told there is no money for public services then we have benefits for foreigners begging in the UK.

How much will each EU beggar cost us? £100 plus a week? That money could be spent on Brits.

Ten years ago you could walk around York without seeing any homeless.

Whatever the national statistics something is noticeably worse in York.

A few weeks ago I walked along High Petergate not long after the shops closed. There were homeless on many corners with their cardboard signs, dogs, and coffee cups.

After a couple of pints in Guy Fawkes Inn, walked back towards Dean Court, little more than 200 yards. In doorways, huddled under blankets, settling down for the night, sole, white, males, mostly, some females. I can only guess these are the real homeless, outside, cold, wet, and at risk.

I'm wondering where the Eastern Europeans, the ones that aggressively beg in family groups including children, everywhere from the Minster down to The Shambles and all around the shops...

Where do they go at night ?

13 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Went into my local major city this holiday and id say most of the voices i heard were EE. A huge change from 10 years ago. Is this for the better? Or is it just about bums on seats and GDP.

Someone has to rent the MPs BTLs, those mortgages won't pay themselves you know.

2 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I would of thought they'd all be working? I heard on the So-Called BBC they are a net benefit to gdp. 

I think the vast majority of EEs are working, it's the ones who deliberately aren't I have an issue with. On the more be general topic of immigration, I was pointing out that  a very large chunk of MPs have a strong vested interest in high levels of population growth due to their ownership of BTL properties.

24 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I think the vast majority of EEs are working, it's the ones who deliberately aren't I have an issue with. On the more be general topic of immigration, I was pointing out that  a very large chunk of MPs have a strong vested interest in high levels of population growth due to their ownership of BTL properties.

but its their fault for stealing all the jobs our own workshy bstards wont do.where i work we are dependant on agency mainly foreighn has they cant fill the posts.ok maybe im easily satisfied wage wize but all i do is sit on a chair reading a book watching tv and stop the odd scuffle.i can do has many extra shifts has i want.how much are people actualy geting for refuseing to go to work maybe im the fool.

3 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Well, I hope it’s peak, even though the cynic in me says that Treason May will find some way to keep us as members in all but name...

So, I’m back in God’s own visiting my mum for Christmas and New Year and, yesterday, we went to Thirsk to do a bit of shopping. I haven’t been there in probably a decade although I have been to Easingwold quite a few times in that period. In general I was quite surprised how much it’s changed since I was last there - probably 75% turnover of shops I’d guess - but the thing that really caught my eye was a pair of Romanian beggars (I guess Romanian from overhearing their conversation) selling the Big Issue outside the co-op. In 45 years of my memory I have never seen a single beggar of any description panhandling in any North Yorkshire market town. I was actually shocked at the incongruity of it.

The sooner we leave and cut off the supply of professional layabouts the better. 

Thirsk is doing quiet well, creme de la creme.

Mboros poorer areas have split into ghettos of varios countries - theres a czech, pole, roma. Claims of doing the work locals do is total wank. They set of local shops, selling food, employ each other and max out tax credits. Its a real slum, more so than it ever was.

Scabbies been interesting. There was a huge influx of poles to mccauns, which has destryoed any wage infalation for 10 years. The last few years have seen loads of romanian and bulgarisns turn up - not just roma. You can easily spot as youll never confuse them for a local like you can with poles.

Again, unlike poles, they dont appear to be working. There are groups of 4-8 walking doing stuff at all time of the day. Ive been in scabby at various wierd times - 5am - griups of balkans walking around, 2am same. Theyve took over various grubbt coffe shops. My guess is its fags and drug dealing.

Theres a shocking number of balkan prozzies in around too.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

No, they are not. They are maxing tax credits.

Partners school has about 30% EE in tghe early years. 5 years ago tgere was one.

All kids are on pupil premium - parents earn less than 12k. Each family will be costing 50k in benefits and pubkuc servuces.

Edited by spygirl

You can't go into a Swansea supermarket without passing the obligatory Big Issue seller. I only know of 1 'full-time' one who is British. Another occasional guy is British. All the rest appeaar to be Romanians.

People hand money over now almost as an instincitve form of paying tax to go shopping. You shouldn't have to feel obliged to do so but it is not such a problem if you only shop weekly. I visit shops on a daily basis and I find it fecking annoying. I never pay them any money. I feel guilty about it on one level but on another level I do not give a toss.