• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Car drives into pedestrians in Dublin

Recommended Posts

It's easy to jump to the obvious conclusion, it could be brake/steering failure etc. however we never heard of these things happening a decade back and cars are apparently safer and more reliable than ever with tighter MOT checks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Watched a documentary about the ROPers in Ireland.  Conclusion was they were using it as a base so therefore attacks unlikely.   It mentioned that no one in the Guards spoke Arabic.

 

Considering how many Americans come and go to the various US tech firms around Dublin you would think that they would be a bit more concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Considering how many Americans come and go to the various US tech firms around Dublin you would think that they would be a bit more concerned.

Yep, and also the US military routinely use Shannon Airport.  So much for Ireland's neutrality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A teenage boy has been taken to Temple Street Hospital after an incident involving a car in Dublin.

The incident happened earlier today near the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

A car mounted a footpath and struck the 15-year-old before driving off and leaving the scene.

It is believed the boy's injuries are not life threatening. It is thought he may have suffered a broken leg as well as hurting his arm.

Gardaí are investigating the incident.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2017/1229/930149-boy-car-incident-dublin/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

I was in London today with my daughter and walked past Westminster. I was quite shocked at the size / weight of the metal barriers outside the houses of parliament. Strangely enough, they didn't extend to parts of London not inhabited by members of parliament.

I'm always impressed by the efforts they take to disguise some of the vehicle barriers elsewhere in London.  This is counterbalanced by their clear need to make some of the barriers really obvious.  I guess it all depends on who they're protecting and the sort of message they want to send.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

I was in London today with my daughter and walked past Westminster. I was quite shocked at the size / weight of the metal barriers outside the houses of parliament. Strangely enough, they didn't extend to parts of London not inhabited by members of parliament.

Just explsin they are muzzer blocks.

Thsts what i told my son. They sermed to confuse the muzzers on foot too - big queue of headscarfes trying to walk by them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was only enough is enough once the terrorists started to get too close to the well known "mutineers, traitors, malcontents and enemies of the people" in parliament. 

Otherwise they don't give a stuff.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, montecristo said:

Watched a documentary about the ROPers in Ireland.  Conclusion was they were using it as a base so therefore attacks unlikely.   It mentioned that no one in the Guards spoke Arabic.

The Defence Force has plenty of Arabic speakers after almost 40 years continuous service in Southern Lebanon. There’s a lot of cooperation between the army & Gardai on security matters since the Troubles. They also take a low key approach to internal security issues, most Irish people don’t even know that there’s a Secret Service budget for use by the Special Branch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, montecristo said:

Watched a documentary about the ROPers in Ireland.  Conclusion was they were using it as a base so therefore attacks unlikely.   It mentioned that no one in the Guards spoke Arabic.

This was the approach the UK took in the 70s with Arab terrorists who were allowed to live with impunity in London whilst carrying out attacks on the continent despite repeated protests from other countries about harbouring terrorists.

And yes it did protect the UK from these sort of attacks; cowardice can work for a time.

There are several episodes of The Professionals which touch upon this policy with Bodie and Doyle railing at having to let terrorists go or even protect them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This was the approach the UK took in the 70s with Arab terrorists who were allowed to live with impunity in London whilst carrying out attacks on the continent despite repeated protests from other countries about harbouring terrorists.

And yes it did protect the UK from these sort of attacks; cowardice can work for a time.

There are several episodes of The Professionals which touch upon this policy with Bodie and Doyle railing at having to let terrorists go or even protect them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/27055108

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I hadn't realised it was still going!

If rather less successfully.

Bunch of chinless, pussy, public school boys.

Oh if we are ahmed fwiend theyll hell only attack the fwench and leave us alone.

Oh, do I get to wear a James Bond suit.

etc etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this