• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
OurDayWillCome

Sir Dosbodian...

Let's keep this exclusive, unlike real knighthoods that are handed out by the bucket-load every year to the most undeserved bunch of tosspots (i.e. Nick Clegg).

How should Sir DB's be dished out each year? Can Spunko be nominated, or is he the Queen giverouterer with the big sword? Should we hand out one, two, three... Who do we put up for nomination? How do I set up a poll? How much have I drank tonight? How will I crawl upstairs to bed without waking my wife? Can someone else take over this thread as I'm bladdered?

6 minutes ago, Byron said:

I fancy the title,

Knight of Dosbodia,

or, better still,

Knight of the Dosbodian Empire.

I rather fancy the Maharaja of Minge myself.

Or the Sultan of Sleaze.

Or perhaps even the Caliph of Cunt...

;)

XYY

4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Best avatar, most red pilling, funniest, bravest, best post, best thread, worst post, worst thread, services to dosbodia, best use of swearing, there are loads of awards we could create. 

Best post of the year - highest rev-bsacks!

who has that honour? I reckon it must be about 18 sacks for that honour.

Edited by OurDayWillCome

7 minutes ago, Byron said:

I fancy the title,

Knight of Dosbodia,

or, better still,

Knight of the Dosbodian Empire.

I would like to nominate you for your Christmas BBQ and for owning a 20 year old bottle of Mad Dog 20-20, and for being old at the same time.

Perhaps you could be knighted for your bravery, hardyness, and for your work demonstrating us young (ish)ones are bloody soft.

I salute you sir!

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

I would like to nominate you for your Christmas BBQ and for owning a 20 year old bottle of Mad Dog 20-20, and for being old at the same time.

Perhaps you could be knighted for your bravery, hardyness, and for your work demonstrating us young (ish)ones are bloody soft.

I salute you sir!

Well,

It was rumoured that if I had actually drunk the Mad Dog, I would have got the VC

and

a Coronary.

6 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Best post of the year - highest rev-bsacks!

who has that honour? I reckon it must be about 18 sacks for that honour.

That's Frank with 28 reverse ballsacks for this one :

Sir Frank of Felt-Hovis KDE !

3 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I've made it into the bedroom without waking my wife - Knight Knight y'all!

Shhhh! night night..

Edited by Carl Fimble
seperating the two posts, bloody merging!!!

6 minutes ago, Byron said:

Well,

It was rumoured that if I had actually drunk the Mad Dog, I would have got the VC

and

a Coronary.

Yes, quite possibly both, you showed great wisdom there, a younger idiot might have taken a drink from it. 20-20 was bad enough fresh from the shop, let alone decades later, I was always a kiwi and lemon kinda guy back then.

:Sick1:

32 minutes ago, muggle said:

Apparently Mark Almond got an OBE, apart from a couple of very good songs I'm not too sure what else he did to deserve this honour...

I believe it was for his contribution to science for defining the British Standard measurement of jism volume.

Controversial in its day, the Almond is now recognised by bodies such as CEN and ISO - and is roughly equal to one stomach full...

;)

XYY

7 hours ago, muggle said:

Of course we should really have a vote, but if we are being true to protocol etc, perhaps spunko2010 should be the one to bestow the honours?!

Spunko, do you own a sword?  :D

Yes, not just anyone who can knight someone. I'd imagine Spunko has a sword, if not we could maybe chip in to get him one, and a crown too?

Swords :

1812c128fa6bfec7be6fff77ea4a3817--family

Other than @Carl Fimble's blatant, if one off, populism which saw him get the second most popular post we've not really gone in for this sort of thing so I'm not sure that a poll for this would be ideal as you'd have people soliciting popularity through the year rather than posting what they think.

It's also tricky here because there are a huge number of excellent posters and some of the best are low volume.

There are many posters I really like, including a small number with whom I don't agree ( @swissy_fit springs first to mind) which is a huge compliment, but for people who are of DOSBODS rather than on DOSBODS I would say:

@spunko2010 - a man so pissed off with the censorship on ToS that he actually did something about it.

@Carl Fimble - Mr DOSBODS himself. To the extent of wanting a DOSBODS manifesto, calendar, political party etc. !

@One percent - does she ever do any work? :P

The first triumvirate.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Other than @Carl Fimble's blatant, if one off, populism which saw him get the second most popular post we've not really gone in for this sort of thing so I'm not sure that a poll for this would be ideal as you'd have people soliciting popularity through the year rather than posting what they think.

It's also tricky here because there are a huge number of excellent posters and some of the best are low volume.

There are many posters I really like, including a small number with whom I don't agree ( @swissy_fit springs first to mind) which is a huge compliment, but for people who are of DOSBODS rather than on DOSBODS I would say:

@spunko2010 - a man so pissed off with the censorship on ToS that he actually did something about it.

@Carl Fimble - Mr DOSBODS himself. To the extent of wanting a DOSBODS manifesto, calendar, political party etc. !

The first triumvirate.

Damn. Outed. Don't tell my boss. He thinks I am studiously researching and writing reports. xD

well in fairness I am, just not the Ines he thinks I'm doing. 

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Damn. Outed. Don't tell my boss. He thinks I am studiously researching and writing reports. xD

well in fairness I am, just not the Ines he thinks I'm doing. 

Wish I had a job in the public sector.  Not bloody fair.

A couple to add a think:

@spygirl for services to the English language 

@The XYY Man, a special award, the Toc H medal for services towards peace and harmony with the French and especially for ensuring a warm welcome to all French spys

2 minutes ago, Ina said:

Tbf, I only work part time so it does leave most of the week for posting. :)

3 minutes ago, Ina said:

I have one as well and I can confirm that it's far better than working for a living :P

Actually most people within it really don't appreciate how lucky they are; I've known mostly younger people move into the private sector for an extra £5k on their salary and only last a few months before asking to come back.

28 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The first triumvirate.

Try as I might Frank, I just can't envision them three as the father, the son, and the holy ghost.

I imagine them more as Rod, Jane and Freddy...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man