• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
SpectrumFX

It's Kicking off in Iran

https://www.thenational.ae/world/trump-administration-declares-support-for-iran-s-protesters-against-the-rogue-state-1.691490

Trump administration declares support for Iran’s protesters against the 'rogue state'

Three days into the widespread protests across Iranian cities driven mostly by economic woes, US President Donald Trump's administration broke with the more cautious approach of his predecessor Barack Obama who kept silent during the early days of the upheaval in Tehran in 2009.

Late on Friday in Washington, the State Department issued a 139-word statement confirming that it is “following reports of multiple peaceful protests by Iranian citizens in cities across the country” and extending a hand to the protesters.

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

I have mixed feelings on this ,i think Iran could be a progressive force in that part of the world if it was not for the Ayatollahs /regime 

Which was arguably a response to the way the west, particularly the UK, has fucked Iran over for decades.

We overthrew a democratically-elected government and installed the first Shah so we could get their oil.

To say nothing of Sykes-Piqot, etc.

4 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Which was arguably a response to the way the west, particularly the UK, has fucked Iran over for decades.

We overthrew a democratically-elected government and installed the first Shah so we could get their oil.

To say nothing of Sykes-Piqot, etc.

Same shit different day ...and they say things have changed 

2 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

I have mixed feelings on this ,i think Iran could be a progressive force in that part of the world if it was not for the Ayatollahs /regime 

Absolutely. Iraq was no danger to the west until we smashed it up; now it's terrorist haven central.

Why the effing jeff do we want to go and do the exact same thing to Iran?

18 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Absolutely. Iraq was no danger to the west until we smashed it up; now it's terrorist haven central.

Maybe some other country in the region wants it, and we and the Americans are in their pockets?

No chance of the "British" BBC Persian journalist trainer Nazanin Zagari Ratcliffe getting parole now, in fact i predict a big show trial for her.

Now i can see why the big push to free her before xmas, because they knew they were going to stir up these protests. 

These protests mark the eighth anniversary of the anti-governement protests she is accused of organising.

"Those who are behind such events will burn their own fingers" - quote from Iranian official yesterday

Edited by WorkingPoor

EU to make prepartions for more hundreds of thousands of refugees in the not too distant future.  They might sponsor terror but once upon a time most of the terror was in the middle east etc and now it's here there and everywhere.

Edited by twocents

6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

The Iranians are actually alright they are not your pakistani taliban or IS supporters

That's my general understanding as well - for the average - but they still have their fair share of extremists and fanatics in their official population of about 80 million (it's not that long ago that the So-Called BBC news was showing the self harmers marching and parading around there) and if it really kicks off yet again there'll be another mass migration and in the chaos it's impossible to know exactly who is migrating.

Edited by twocents

What particular colour is this supposed 'popular' uprising going to be ?

One day in the not too distant future the west us going to get it's come uppance with this sort of shit.

In fact the attempt to do it in the Ukraine was a failure particularly when it became rapidly clear that the Russian backed rebels out gunned the CIA backed stooges.

Anyway if it all kicks off in Iran I am sure we will be asked to contribute the 1st Foot and Mouth from our rapidly shrinking army

For what its worth I think the Yanks have never got over the humiliation the Iranian Islamic Revolution dished out to them in the late 1970s.

Edited by Virgil Caine

I knew a few Iranians back in Germany, one of them spoke excellent German within a year of arrival and made it on to a major German current affairs show as being a model immigrant. Iran is a highly civilized and educated country, the last thing we need is for it to fail. Isn't Kurt Barlow married to an Iranian?

Incidentally, as a highly trained Russian Hacker, the sites I follow such as The Saker, Fort Russ and South Front have not even mentioned it, I suspect it is merely a few hundred paid protestors with no backing from the general population. This could merely be yet another attempted Colour Revolution.

14 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

The Iranians are actually alright they are not your pakistani taliban or IS supporters

Agreed as far as I know it. And I've got a good Persian pal. 

22 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

I knew a few Iranians back in Germany, one of them spoke excellent German within a year of arrival and made it on to a major German current affairs show as being a model immigrant. Iran is a highly civilized and educated country, the last thing we need is for it to fail. Isn't Kurt Barlow married to an Iranian?

Incidentally, as a highly trained Russian Hacker, the sites I follow such as The Saker, Fort Russ and South Front have not even mentioned it, I suspect it is merely a few hundred paid protestors with no backing from the general population. This could merely be yet another attempted Colour Revolution.

The one thing the Iranians of all political and religious persuasions are mental about are British plots against them. This all goes back to the days of Anglo Persian oil (the modern BP)  and the overthrow of Mosaddegh in 1953

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

In fact so paranoid are they that the Shah of Iran who was ousted by the Islamic Revolution in 1979 initially thought that Ayatollah Khomeini was a British agent

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British–Ruhollah_Khomeini_conspiracy_theory

Edited by Virgil Caine

My limited experience is the same.

Worked with a Iranian guy a while back, and he was a very intelligent and pleasant bloke who - as far as I remember - everybody at work liked and respected. Very highly qualified, and an excellent engineer.

I asked him how he ended-up in the UK and he told me that he and his brother had to flee the country when the Shah scarpered, as they would have been shot. Or worse. Some of his extended family who didn't make it out were killed.

The story he told still chills me just thinking it about it now.

Top bloke.

Me dad worked in Iran for a year in the mid 70s - and he told many tales about friendly locals, including one where a local bloke invited him and his mate Mick to his sister's wedding. They accepted, and had a great time. I can't remember if it was before or after the wedding, but at some point over the weekend, all the men got in a truck - including me dad and his mate - and drove off into the desert. After driving some distance, they pulled-up at what I think me dad said was called a flare stack(?) - and he and his mate got off the truck with the rest of them.

The truck was also carrying a illicit cargo that was then revealed to all.

48 bottles of whisky.

And they all sat in the desert, and got shit-faced...!

They sound like my kind of folk...

:)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm pretty sure we don't want to do that. It's just being done so that our lizard overlords can feast on the resulting misery.

9 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

Iran sworn to wipe Israel off the map

Iran has bilateral trade with China undermining the dollar hegemony

Iran is enemy of Saudi (sunni)

That's generally enough to get a dose of democracy imposed on a country

Dem Saudi billions talk loud.

That intervention is unlikely to go down well in Iran, where the US is widely believed to be seeking regime change. In June, the US secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, told the US Congress that America is working towards “support of those elements inside of Iran that would lead to a peaceful transition of that government”.

----

This was why all the big push to free Nazanin Zagari Ratclffe ahead of these protests being started up, i'm expecting the second upcoming trial will be interesting.

23 minutes ago, Knock Out Johnny said:

oh never mind

Eh?

My notification things said you had quoted me on this thread, and took me to your post (shown above). What were you saying in it, before you edited it?

Edited by Carl Fimble
edited, not deleted

3 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Eh?

My notification things said you had quoted me on this thread, and took me to your post (shown above). What were you saying in it, before you edited it?

He said he was going to give you a wedgie and steal your pocket money.

some people, eh?