• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Wetherspoons large breakfast

5 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Twitter, Facebook etc are also massively influenced by SJW and Remain interests so Wetherspoons are well shot of it for that alone. 

Yes, It is a circle jerk for SJWs, but SJWs are also Weatherspoons' customers, so being on Twitter would be good for that reason

It'll be the negative publicity and the time involved* keeping up with Twitter, that I suspect, will be the main drivers

*this is also why I doubt that Trump's tweets are written by him. He'll have a team Tweeting for him in his 'style' because of his busy schedule (it's actually obvious from the timing of some tweets)

Edited by Hopeful

The corporate costs for social media handing must be huge, especially in senior management time when a twitterstorm starts. 

If I was running a business, I would start from the position no social media, and need serious convincing by non SJW types before I went into that portal of hell.

2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

The corporate costs for social media handing must be huge, especially in senior management time when a twitterstorm starts. 

If I was running a business, I would start from the position no social media, and need serious convincing by non SJW types before I went into that portal of hell.

I'm convinced that it's helpful when small if you want a wide market.

Once established, and the size of Weatherspoons, you probably don't need it nearly as much. So you probably can educate everyone to go to your website.

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Once established, and the size of Weatherspoons, you probably don't need it nearly as much. So you probably can educate everyone to go to your website.

Yes, sorry, I meant a big, nationwide type business. For small ones, agree it can be a good profile raiser and the likelihood of a twitterstorm are less.

18 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Yes, sorry, I meant a big, nationwide type business. For small ones, agree it can be a good profile raiser and the likelihood of a twitterstorm are less.

If you are a niche outlet like a Vegan Cafe you could even kick off about something as simple as the ink in five pound notes to get disproportionate publicity.

Ahh, some git already thought of that... but didn't quite grasp that tallow is washed off sheep shearings i.e the fluff from round my bum.

27 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Agreed once you're a certain size social media just means you're going to get harassed by the minority of SJW virtue signallers who shouldn't even have a platform. Where the other 99% of normal humans only really care if the pubs are clean and that the beer is cheap and decent.

Some stupid London twat, one of the many who are infesting Bristol, recently complained all over social media that a local restaurant served her Camembert starter accidentally in the original supermarket packaging, chef ended up being sacked as the story got into the local and national newspapers . Instead of just having a quiet word with the waiting staff or manager like a normal person would. So now this chef and maybe their dependants are fucked just because this cunt wants a few more likes.

5ad4a520e03bc_Screenshotfrom2018-04-16142510.png.32dbca175d7a24f10bea4ffaf0e6b4be.png

34 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Agreed once you're a certain size social media just means you're going to get harassed by the minority of SJW virtue signallers who shouldn't even have a platform. Where the other 99% of normal humans only really care if the pubs are clean and that the beer is cheap and decent.

Some stupid London twat, one of the many who are infesting Bristol, recently complained all over social media that a local restaurant served her Camembert starter accidentally in the original supermarket packaging, chef ended up being sacked as the story got into the local and national newspapers . Instead of just having a quiet word with the waiting staff or manager like a normal person would. So now this chef and maybe their dependants are fucked just because this cunt wants a few more likes.

5ad4a520e03bc_Screenshotfrom2018-04-16142510.png.32dbca175d7a24f10bea4ffaf0e6b4be.png

@sugarflumpairy has just 118 followers

She got just 24 replies, 31 Retweets, 58 Likes for that Tweet, one of her most, if not her most  successful Tweet ever, in fact, she rarely ever gets a single reply, RT or comment on her Tweets. She is completely, irrelevant.

So, both she and her complaint are insignificant and should have been ignored.

The restaurant @severnshed has just 1204 followers and it also rarely gets a single RT for any of their Tweets. Nobody cares about them on Twitter, much as they might like to think otherwise.

Just like @sugarflumpairy, the restaurant is wasting its time on Twitter.

You have to know how to use Twitter and what it is for. Neither of the above accounts seem to. They are both shouting into a vacuum.

Edited by Hopeful

15 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Thats the trouble with twitter it gives nauseous attention seeking nobodies a platform. If it wasn't there they could get on with their lives without making tools of themselves.

Mmmm....

Is this a box we ought to open?

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Thats the trouble with twitter it gives nauseous attention seeking nobodies a platform. If it wasn't there they could get on with their lives without making tools of themselves.

But it doesn't. Nobody. Absolutely nobody is interested in @sugarflumpairy Tweets.

She may think she is important, but Twitter and her Followers are sending her a very loud message that she is irrelevant.

She is just too thick to realise

Edited by Hopeful

11 hours ago, One percent said:

I like this quote

Currently we've got a massive commercial advantage because everyone else is wasting hours of their time," he said. 

xD

tbh, the only time I would look up a pub or restaurant is to find out about special offers.  If they have a decent website, then that should be sufficient 

it's the same week after week at spoons